PDA

View Full Version : Where would you stay?

cajunprincess
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm going with my family to WDW in May 2013. We were planning on staying at CBR and getting rooms close to each other. Today, my dad suggested we could get a 2 bedroom at Old Key West. It would cost me about $600 more but I also would be going for a few extra days this way instead of going for the 5 days I originally planned on, so I'm getting more this way. We will be bringing our infant and I think my parents want to be as close as possible at all times. LOL. Staying at OKW would give us a washer/dryer in the room.

So...would you do it? Or would you just stick to adjoining rooms at CBR?

TIA :thumbsup2

cmdg
09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
With an infant I think I would go with the extra space at OKW. Plus, you'll have a kitchen, too.

disneydee6
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
I would do OKW, I think that that you are getting your moneys worth with that deal.

peabody58
09-17-2012, 06:21 PM
OKW would be my pick. Remember that there are no elevators, so if you get a third floor villa, you'll get a work out.

OKW usually has a lot of availability, so you might be able to save some $$ by renting points vs. booking through WDW.

spiceycat
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
why do you have to stay longer?

is this a RCI exchange? then you will also need a transfer.

the point cost for a week in May is 269 points

weekday (sun-thurs) - 37 points a night
weekend (fri/sat) -- 42 points a night

so your total cost for a week should be $2,690 or less - or you are being charged too much.

the going rate for OKW is $10 per point.

cajunprincess
09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
why do you have to stay longer?

is this a RCI exchange? then you will also need a transfer.

the point cost for a week in May is 269 points

weekday (sun-thurs) - 37 points a night
weekend (fri/sat) -- 42 points a night

so your total cost for a week should be $2,690 or less - or you are being charged too much.

the going rate for OKW is $10 per point.

I have to stay longer b/c my parents are going longer than I was originally planning. :)

My dad did this calculating through Disney including tickets w/ water parks and park hopper, & the dining plan.

I don't really know anything about the renting point thing, though. :confused3

softballmom3
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I think I would probably take the extra room with the infant also....and that's the only reason. Just from looks of resorts I, personally, would rather stay CBR. No real reason, I just liked the looks of that more, but that being said i would still choose the 2 bedroom OKW.

spiceycat
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't really know anything about the renting point thing, though. :confused3

here is some information on it and the board you can rent from - read the sticky - and follow there instruction

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

cajunprincess
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
here is some information on it and the board you can rent from - read the sticky - and follow there instruction

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

FantasiaMagic
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Between the two, I have only stayed at OKW. I really like the resort. The rooms as PPs have said have kitchens/washer-dryer... The pool is also very nice, w/ a slide! You can also take a nice boat ride to DTD! So my pick would be OKW!

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust: