PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic Moderate?

PhoenixStrength
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm helping a friend and her husband book their first ever vacation to WDW, and I've only stayed at POP Century so I'm not much help with them for which moderate would be most romantic for them to stay at. They will be spending most of their time in the parks, but want a more romantic setting for the time that they are at the resort. They can only afford a moderate, nothing higher. So, any recommendations/opinions/ideas from the wonderful people of the DIS boards? :goodvibes

Missytara
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
POFQ, without a doubt; have them book a carriage ride around the resort.

KonaKaiTom
09-17-2012, 02:15 PM
I would recommend the Mansions section of POR. The grounds are spectacular, there are lots of quiet places to walk -- including walking over to POFQ, and how can you not love the antebellum South design of the mansions?

Tom

PhoenixStrength
09-17-2012, 02:22 PM
POFQ, without a doubt; have them book a carriage ride around the resort.

I would recommend the Mansions section of POR. The grounds are spectacular, there are lots of quiet places to walk -- including walking over to POFQ, and how can you not love the antebellum South design of the mansions?

Tom

Thanks, both of you! I had a feeling one of the Port Orleans resorts would be best, but I'm not sure which one. I guess I can have them look at them both and they can decide.

Any other ideas from anyone? :goodvibes

MMS1125
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I think POR/FQ would great great as well. If they like the beach I think a king room at CBR would be awesome too. I'd only stay there with my husband in a king room though until they upgrade to queens

disneychic2
09-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm in for POFQ. DH and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary there and it's the moderate we choose over any others, including POR. It's smaller and more intimate and every room is close to the bus stop, food court and gift shop. Also, they have entertainment several nights of the week there.

PhoenixStrength
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I think POR/FQ would great great as well. If they like the beach I think a king room at CBR would be awesome too. I'd only stay there with my husband in a king room though until they upgrade to queens

See, they both LOVE the beach, and I have visited CBR, so they may really love that resort too. This is harder than I thought!!!

I'm in for POFQ. DH and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary there and it's the moderate we choose over any others, including POR. It's smaller and more intimate and every room is close to the bus stop, food court and gift shop. Also, they have entertainment several nights of the week there.

Thanks for the info!

RyMacJ
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
we honeymooned at POFQ. It was so wonderful. Walking around that resort at twilight...pure magic. We always felt like it was all ours, even though there were people everywhere.

The compact layout of this resort can work wonders, too. It's a lot easier to be in a romantic mood when everything is so easily accessible rather than getting hot, tired, cranky b/c you have to hike a mile to get to/from a bus or foodcourt.

spiceycat
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
complete depends upon what they consider romantic

CSR - desert

CBR - caribbean islands

POR - old south manisons and ab

POFQ - disney's verision of french quarter (a lot cleaner than the real one)