PDA

View Full Version : arriving in a couple of weeks should I preregister online

cottontail
09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi: Do people still preregister at their resort online, before they leave home. If so where do I find this, how soon do I do it before our arrival date.

Thanks,

Deb.

Tpiejg
09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
You can pre-register online ten days before your arrival. We have done it the past two years in a row and have had good luck with it. In fact this past Aug. the CM noticed there were only two people in our party and upgraded us to a preferred room with a king bed! It all took less than five minutes!

minnie mum
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
As the PP noted- you do it 10 days before check in. You'll probably get an email reminder. I don't do it- I have made requests and they're important ones (need a ground floor room due to mobility problems). I've found it's less hassle not to do the online check in. But if you don't have any requests, then it can expedite the process when you arrive.

Missytara
09-17-2012, 09:19 AM
If you have requests, I suggest waiting until you arrive at the resort.

One of the items that is required is your time of arrival. The room assigner designates a certain area of the resort a few days before arrival; with the new computer system, the CM chooses the earliest available room in inventory. It may not be to your liking, you reiterate your requests and then they have to redo your package. Best to do regular check-in and tell the CM you will wait for the room that meets your requests, if they are able to do so.

If you don't mind being in the first available room, go for it. It is a very quick process, especially if you arrive at a busier time of day. However, if you have requests, I don't suggest you do it.

KarenAylwood
09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
We checked in online before arriving on Sept 8th but when we got there I asked if we could be in a Magnolia Bend room at POR. The woman said it wouldn't be a problem to change us (they had us in an Alligator Bayou room) and she ended up upgrading us to a Royal room with a water view for free! (It was also our first anniversary so maybe she did it for that?).

The line was also significantly shorter for the online check in than for those who hadn't checked in before. They had my CC on file already and my package together- just had to change the room. Was a good experience for us. We got an email reminding to check in and I did it a few days before my trip. Just go online and there's an option when you sign in for online check in.

Sparrow624
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I prefer to register and check in in person. I just find that kindly speaking with someone tends to allow for all sorts of surprises.

cottontail
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Where do I find the place to register online?

Deb.