PDA

View Full Version : Resort dilemma for F&W-help please

sunnygal041
09-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi all. I am seeking some suggestions. I am traveling alone on 10/27 for the F&W. Attending 1 demo @ 5pm. Do I book a moderate and bus it, do I book the YC(cheapest is $319) or the Poly and go to the TTC monorail or book a value and bus it? Money is pretty tight, but I am struggling with a decision: resort vs. convenience vs. $. Any help ,would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CindysMom
09-15-2012, 05:53 PM
How long are you staying? If you are coming in for a short stay, just for the demo, I'd stay at a value. The buses run regularly and only take 15-20 minutes. It's just not worth the extra $$ for a short bus ride.

sunnygal041
09-15-2012, 05:54 PM
How long are you staying? If you are coming in for a short stay, just for the demo, I'd stay at a value. The buses run regularly and only take 15-20 minutes. It's just not worth the extra $$ for a short bus ride.

Staying only one night

minnie mum
09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Money is tight? Staying only one night? AS resort to Epcot = 10 min? Sounds like value resort to me.

pixarmom
09-15-2012, 06:15 PM
I've stayed in all three categories of resorts over time, and think the convenience of walking out of World Showcase and back to your room at any Epcot-area resort is a big factor. My parents went to Food & Wine a couple years ago and decided to save a little and stay at CSR (their favorite mod.) They regretted that decision and wished they would have booked BC. They said it was just such a huge difference between waiting for a bus in front of Epcot and strolling out the International Gateway at the end of the evening.

Poly is my second favorite resort - stayed there last year and will again in January - but for F&W, I'd definitely go with an Epcot area resort if that works for the budget.

But if money is tight, you need to feel good about your decision and the impact on your budget. When I was in that position right after college, I was happy in a value resort - just nice to stay on property. By that point, I had already stayed deluxe with my parents many times, but didn't even consider deluxe when funding my own trip because it just wasn't in the cards at the time. I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever you decide!

kerri0616
09-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Did you check the Dolphin? They have had great AAA rates.

Edit: $224/night. Maybe it was $244. I read it quickly.

K

pixarmom
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Did you check the Dolphin? They have had great AAA rates.

K

Now that's a great idea! One night - F&W - budget concerns - Dolphin would be perfect. We've stayed there and would give it a big thumbs up under these circumstances.

sunnygal041
09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
did you check the dolphin? They have had great aaa rates.

K

269-300

gwynne
09-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I checked the Sept-Dec room offer for your dates:
POP is showing $110.00 including tax (Standard)
POR is showing $188.00 including tax. (King)
YC is showing $342.00 including tax. (Standard View)

For a Saturday night during Food and Wine, it looks like there is availability at some nice options.

sunnygal041
09-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I checked the Sept-Dec room offer for your dates:
POP is showing $110.00 including tax (Standard)
POR is showing $188.00 including tax. (King)
YC is showing $342.00 including tax. (Standard View)

For a Saturday night during Food and Wine, it looks like there is availability at some nice options.

Thanks for checking, I think I will go with Pop and bus it.

OrangeCountyCommuter
09-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Disney is selling the YC for $342> OMG that's just hysterical. There is NO way that hotel is worth that.

So based on this thread for $100 LESS I could stay at the Dolphin...No wonder I don't even bother to check Disney hotels anymore....