PDA

View Full Version : Splitting our stay between 2 mods...which 2?

moopdog
09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
We currently have Port Orleans Riverside for 9 nights in Feb. But I realize...that's a lot of nights at the same location. Why not split it 5 and 4?! We've done this before with on-site & then off-site.

Question: what other Mod should we choose that will not dissapoint? It needs to be another moderate as we will be doing the dining plan. And which should we do first? Also... will magical express do the transferring (last time we had our own car)?

We will be: me, DH, DS12 & DD10.

:thumbsup2

mickeynut1
09-15-2012, 08:15 AM
We've only stayed at one mod, which was CBR, and we loved it :). The grounds were beautiful, the pool was great (and has been redone since our stay), the food court had a lot of variety, and the bus transportation was the best :thumbsup2. We liked everything about the resort and in our experience, the bus transportation was the best out of all of the resorts we've stayed at so far. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but other than that, there is no bus sharing with any other resort. CBR is centrally located so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD.

As far as changing resorts, on check out day of the first resort, take your luggage to bell services and tell them which resort you're moving to. They will give you a claim check for your bags and will take care of getting everything to the new resort.....it's very easy. One thing to keep in mind, though, is your luggage won't get to the 2nd resort until around 1-3 pm, so if there's anything you think you might need for the day, make sure to keep that with you instead of packing it ;). Good luck :wizard:.

aryfairy
09-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Try Carribean Beach. We always stay at Riverside also but have done CB a couple of times and really enjoyed the property. It can be a bit of a hike to the main buildings depending on where your room is but we enjoy walking through the property so never a big deal. Have fun sounds like a nice long trip.

Lauren0505
09-15-2012, 04:22 PM
When you check out of POR take your luggage to bell services and let them know they need to transfer your bags to the next Disney property. You can then take the Disney bus to a park and catch a bus to your new hotel to check in. Your bags will be in your room later that afternoon. It is pretty easy and not as time consuming as it might read. Or you could catch a cab and bring your luggage with you if you are concerned about not having access to your things.

MMS1125
09-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd price it out how you want to do it first. It doesn't make financial sense to do the dining plan on a split stay b/c you'd have to buy tickets again. You have to purchase at least 1 day base ticket for everybody for dining plan or 2 day base tickets if doing free dining. The only exception around this is if you are using the AP or military discounts you can add dining without tickets.

If i had to choose 2 mods I'd go with POR and CSR

moopdog
09-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Really? I'd have to buy the tickets that way? I guess I assumed they'd let us stay at 2 diff resorts without having to buy 2 separate packages. Can someone confirm this? I will not split my stay if that's the case.... You're absolutely right - it NOT be worth it.

Mr. Pig
09-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Really? I'd have to buy the tickets that way? I guess I assumed they'd let us stay at 2 diff resorts without having to buy 2 separate packages. Can someone confirm this? I will not split my stay if that's the case.... You're absolutely right - it NOT be worth it.

Yes, Disney considers this as two different packages. They treat the resorts as seperate entities rather than one big resort. Therefore each stay is a package of it's own. Too bad, but that's the way they do it.

This means, of course, park tickets must be purchased for each stay.

Kae
09-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Yes it would be 2 separate packages.

Kae

loricdietzel
09-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Yup- it will cost you more to split your stay with the dining plan as you will have to book two separate packages. Once you change resorts everything gets reset. They do not roll over anything.