PDA

View Full Version : Best age for Hoop Dee Doo

Krshew
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
My kids will be 5 and 3---too young for Hoop Dee Doo? I'd love to go but don't want to spend the money if the kids won't appreciate this

jcemom
09-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd say they're not too young. DD has been going about every other year since she was 2 1/2. However, it is pretty loud. The first year we took her to it she spent half the evening covering her ears. She still had fun, but it was intermittent fun. :laughing:

Krshew
09-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks! All fun is intermittent fun at age 3 in my experience so I'll take this as a positive

jcemom
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks! All fun is intermittent fun at age 3 in my experience so I'll take this as a positive
:rotfl: That is so true!

I can tell you that she got up from her chair and danced on an off throughout the evening. She ate a decent amount of food so she must have liked it. Also, despite the noise level, a CM convinced her to rub her spoon against a washboard and make a huge racket lol. She also twirled her napkin along with everyone else. She didn't understand the jokes, of course, but she laughed anyway.

DonaldTDuck
09-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I've been 13 times and I'd have to say 54.YMMV

Christine
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
In my experiences with kids I've gone with, the *best* age seems to be about 10 years old. Now, having said that, my DD went she was 6 as well as my son and they LOVED it. But it seems that around age 10, they really *get* all the humor and aren't old enough yet to pretend to be too cool for it (even though teens love the show also, they have a tendency to try to hide it).

I think your 5 year old will really enjoy it and your 3 year old won't get most of it but will enjoy the clapping, singing, and general raucous atmosphere. The young ones especially like the washboard playing at the end.

sarmat1
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Last year, I took DD (then 6) and DS (then 3) and they both had a great time including marching around, playing the washboards and twirling napkins. Some of the jokes were over their heads, but overall a great experience.

sabcook
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
We took ours to HDDMR for the first time when they were 2 and 5 and they loved it (2 year old mostly because her brother was so into it). I am looking forward to taking them back on our next trip at 6 and 9.