PDA

View Full Version : remy

thumbalyna
09-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Can you still make adrs for meals in Epcot to see remy? Trying to figure out where to eat for cp. Thanks

memakwed
09-02-2012, 07:49 PM
We were there last Aug. and got ressies for Chefs of France I think 445 or 5 and saw Remy for the first time. It was cute!

figment_jii
09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
There hasn't been any news on the DIS that Remy has stopped making apperances at Les Chefs de France. He starts his round of the resturant at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50, and 5:20 pm on Monday through Saturday (he doesn't come out on Sunday). As long as you're at your table when he comes by, you should be able to see him. Just note that if you're not your table when he comes by (i.e., still being seated, in the bathroom, etc.), he won't come back and he only makes one circuit per time. Also, he does experience "technical difficulties" occassionally and won't make (or finish) the circuit.

luvallprincesses
09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
There hasn't been any news on the DIS that Remy has stopped making apperances at Les Chefs de France. He starts his round of the resturant at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50, and 5:20 pm on Monday through Saturday (he doesn't come out on Sunday). As long as you're at your table when he comes by, you should be able to see him. Just note that if you're not your table when he comes by (i.e., still being seated, in the bathroom, etc.), he won't come back and he only makes one circuit per time. Also, he does experience "technical difficulties" occassionally and won't make (or finish) the circuit.

I forgot all about this when making an ADR. How long is he out for? Is a 6:10 ADR too late for the 5:20 round? Don't want to get the kiddos excited if we aren't likely to see him!

figment_jii
09-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I forgot all about this when making an ADR. How long is he out for? Is a 6:10 ADR too late for the 5:20 round? Don't want to get the kiddos excited if we aren't likely to see him!

I think it takes him about 30 minutes to make the circuit. If your not at your table, you can't get up and go to him, so it's best to make your ADR for about 30 minutes (in case Les Chefs is running late) before the time you want to see him. So for the 5:20 pm circuit, i would make an ADR for around 4:45-5:00 pm.

AquaDame
09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
We were lucky enough to see him for our 5:30 CP reservation in 2010. He starts on one side and moves to the other, so if we hadn't been sat where we were we would have missed him - he came by right when our waiter was trying to take our order and was nice enough to wait (she would not). I don't think I would try to schedule around this again - yes he was cute, but we only had maybe 30-40 seconds of interaction time before he was off to the next table. One or two quick funny questions and quips, one photo then poof gone!

purple figment
09-02-2012, 08:26 PM

It's probably going to be too late. It takes him about 50 minutes to make one round. If you're very very lucky you might be seated in time if you're seated at one of his last tables, but most likely you'll miss him. Since it's the last round of the day, he won't be coming out again. If you would like to see him you should make a res no later than 5:00.

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
REMY Info:

1) Inside Les Chefs de France.
2) Monday-thru-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm
3) Visiting
. . . he usually comes out right on schedule
. . . the cart makes one trip around the eatery
. . . you must wait until he comes to your table *
. . . you cannot get up and go over to him, handlers guard him
. . . if you miss him, he does not make a second trip
. . . you must wait for the next scheduled time
. . . if your ADR is near a scheduled time, be early
. . . you may not be seated on time, and will miss him
. . . you might be in line waiting for a table when he appears
. . . if so, you wait for the next scheduled trip

* If people gathered around the cart, it would clog the aisles. Guests
might be pressing their shorts against another guest's tabletop and
food (yuck, gross). Also, he's temperamental and occasionally doesn't
appear at all - and without prior notice. Could be technical glitches or even
absenteeism. There are times he breaks down during the tour and has
to stop visiting. So don't overly promise the little ones.

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:

6:10pm ADR is definitely too late. For a 5:20pm appearance id make my adr for 445pm. You never know if chefs will run behind in seating ppl.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

thumbalyna
09-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Just got a 4:40 adr for 12/28 as part of my cp package. Hope we get to see him!

basketlacey
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Just moved my ADR from 2:50 to 4:40 and looks like we should be right in time to see both Remy and order from the dinner menu - right?

figment_jii
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Just moved my ADR from 2:50 to 4:40 and looks like we should be right in time to see both Remy and order from the dinner menu - right?

Yes to Remy (as long as your ADR is not on a Sunday) and yes to the dinner menu. Have a good time!

RMulieri
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Be aware that during Candlelight Processional time and Free Dining periods, Les chefs can run behind.We had a 430pm adr and didn't get seated till well after 530pm and by that point missed Remy.

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Just got a 4:40 adr for 12/28 as part of my cp package. Hope we get to see him!

1) Make certain you get to the restaurant 15-20 minutes early.
2) At that hour, Chefs frequently runs late on ADR times.
3) You do not want to be standing outside when he makes the last round.

thumbalyna
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
what would happen if we show up for our adr and they are running behind and we know they will not be able to seat us in time to see remy (the only reason i let my daughter talk me into eating here, the menu seems too sophisticated for my plain jane tastes) would we be able to not be seated and then just lose the CP extras, i dont remember them charging me for this yet. I doubt we would just walk away but just a "what if".

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
what would happen if we show up for our adr and they are running behind and we know they will not be able to seat us in time to see remy (the only reason i let my daughter talk me into eating here, the menu seems too sophisticated for my plain jane tastes) would we be able to not be seated and then just lose the CP extras, i dont remember them charging me for this yet. I doubt we would just walk away but just a "what if".

1) Yes, you would lose the CP package if you walked away.
2) If no credit card hold, you won't be charged the $10 per-person fee.
3) If a credit-card was given at ressie time, you lose $10 per person. *

* I can't remember if they are charging the cancellation fee for CP packages this year.

happyann79
09-08-2012, 08:01 PM
How cute! I never knew he did restaurant appearances.