PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing any conflicting events? Will we have room for dessert?

TheRatPack
09-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Okay, here is the day that is still giving me issues with booking ADRs.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Pirates League
Pirates League Parade 4:30
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party 8:00pm

We have breakfast booked leaving plenty of time for our Pirates League visit. We'll have lunch at a counter service somewhere in the park and then make it back in time for the Pirates League Parade. Supper is where I'm having an issue. We probably need something around 5:30 at the latest so we still have room for the desserts, right? Or should we just eat a late lunch and hold off until the dessert party?

MouseMomx2
09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Okay, here is the day that is still giving me issues with booking ADRs.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Pirates League
Pirates League Parade 4:30
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party 8:00pm

We have breakfast booked leaving plenty of time for our Pirates League visit. We'll have lunch at a counter service somewhere in the park and then make it back in time for the Pirates League Parade. Supper is where I'm having an issue. We probably need something around 5:30 at the latest so we still have room for the desserts, right? Or should we just eat a late lunch and hold off until the dessert party?

If it were me, I'd have lunch around 1:30/2:00 and I'd pack or purchase some healthy snacks to have around dinner time. That will keep the kids from getting too hungry before the dessert party.

TheRatPack
09-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks....I might just do that. I know they will need something before the dessert party that is of substance so it can ward off all that sugar LOL. Still I just didn't feel right about a big meal within hours of the party. Are the sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery pretty decent? We might could grab a couple of those and split them, along with some fruit.

jcemom
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
We find that we usually like to have meals 4-5 hours apart at Disney, depending on how big each meal is. Unless we had a pretty late breakfast, we would probably need something for dinner before the dessert party. Maybe you could have something small, or share something. Half a sandwich would make a great light dinner, or chili from Columbia Harbour, or a soft pretzel, something like that. You don't want to be too full to enjoy the desserts! ;)

TheRatPack
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
No doubt Jcemom, I want to indulge a bit with those delicious desserts and don't want to be too full. At the same time I have to be a bit sneaky because my family knows that I don't go past 6 for supper so they'll wonder what I'm doing if I'm just splitting a sandwich with them LOL. They have no idea we're going to the dessert party :)

Definitely going to think the sandwich route through....or an early dinner/late lunch before the Pirate Parade and then just a snack prior to lining up for the party.

TheRatPack
09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I booked LTT for 2:30, that should leave enough time after the Pirates League and enough time to eat and make it back for the Pirates Parade. We can get a snack for our supper....so we'll have something on our stomachs before filling up on sugary sweets at the dessert party :).

juliebug1997
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I booked LTT for 2:30, that should leave enough time after the Pirates League and enough time to eat and make it back for the Pirates Parade. We can get a snack for our supper....so we'll have something on our stomachs before filling up on sugary sweets at the dessert party :).

That's a great idea! Oh, and the sandwiches are pretty good at the Main Street Bakery.

TheRatPack
09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
That's a great idea! Oh, and the sandwiches are pretty good at the Main Street Bakery.

Thanks, we've never had a sandwich from there but that's where we were thinking. Maybe we could even share one and a bag of chips or something.