PDA

View Full Version : TIW? DVC members AP ?

Goofy&Sleepy
08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Contemplating TIW. DVC members w/3A 1C. Use to do DDP before DD turned 10. Like to do 1 or 2 TS then CS like WPX. Use DVC discount where we can so trying to figure out if we want to try TIW. Probably do 3 trips next year w/1-3 TS/trip. Only have LeC booked for Oct & paid $117 last trip but really feel like we did better than w/DDP overall. We don't drink so don't get the savings there. We currently have AP's but going for 1/2 Marathon in Feb. & they will have expired. MAY renew or use some "old" tix. Can we still use TIW if we don't have AP's current? DD will have current APs.

Cheshire Figment
08-31-2012, 09:08 PM
You can purchase your TiW card on the last day your AP is valid, and it will be valid for the 13+ months even if you no longer have a valid AP.

neodymm
08-31-2012, 09:43 PM
We were devout DxDP users until last year when we converted to TiW. It was such a better decision for us! We didn't feel so pressured to eat all the food that was allowed on the Deluxe plan. We ordered what we wanted. If we go to dinner and saw 4 apps that we really wanted to try and then share one entree so we could have 3 desserts...we could do just that! DD wasn't necessarily confined to the Kid's Menu since she could order from the real menu and we could share with her. It was a bonus for us that we also had a discount on alcoholic or specialty bevs (espresso/caps/milkshakes/Tinkerbelle lightup punch whatevers). With the increase in price on the DDP, we will definitely stay with TiW. Admittedly, we don't eat QS much, but when we did I didn't feel like I was losing money because we were trading a TS for a QS.

You'll also get invites to special TiW events each month. All have looked fabulous, though we haven't been able to go to any of them. :(

nickymaria
09-01-2012, 09:32 AM
We LOVE TIW. Seriously. LOVE. I hated being confined to the entree/dessert part of the dining plan (never did Deluxe, though) but it did subconsciously make me order: a) the most expensive thing on the menu and b) dessert, which I don't often order. I much rather pick what I want without the limits. Plus - and this is no small change for us - the biggest savings for us may be in the booze! Dh and I always either get cocktails or wine (or both) with our dinners while at Disney (we're not driving, right?) and the 20% off that is awesome. And I have no problem with the automatic gratuity - I would tip that much regardless.

HTH!

mickeysbestfriend
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
previous posters. We do mostly TS lunches and food court breakfasts or Trails End and hate to be locked into having to order desert or an entree if that isn't what appeals to us!