PDA

View Full Version : trails end..?

scojos
08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
hi, i have been checking out menus and thought of doing TE on a "quiet" night and maybe then watching fireworks accross lake, we are on reg ddp... is the food still good (we were advised to eat there by fellow brits:)) my kids will eat anything (and lots of it so we like buffets, and i have food allergies so the idea of a buffet thats cooked freshly to order impressed me.......... what are everyones thoughts??? go or chose somewhere else??

brertoad
09-01-2012, 05:04 AM
The food is good, it's the same quality as the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, probably made in the same kitchen since it's all one large building. It's a relatively small buffet, compared to Boma for instance. TE is rustic looking on the inside, with flourescent lighting. If you are on the dining plan, I think you would be able to eat at another larger buffet for the same 1TS credit correct? Check out Boma as well, it's really impressive.

We pay OOP and have a TiW card, so we get 20% off. When we eat at TE, it's because dinner for two runs just under $50, when we go to Boma or Ohana, dinner for two runs $68.

Having the dining plan must change how some people look at things because you are on a prepaid plan that makes different cost dining options worth the same table credit. It comes down to, do you want to try TE because it was recommended to you by friends and the location is nice because you can see the MK fireworks from the beach, or do you want to go to a larger more expensive buffet and get "more" for your money.

claire_ont
09-01-2012, 07:14 AM
We use a TIW card, and really enjoy the food at Trail's End. It is a regular stop whenever we go to Disney. Our Christmas trip we have reservations to go twice. I love that it is off the beaten path.

Claire

eliza61
09-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Trails end is our "best kept secret" when we are at the MK and want an easy dinner. Most of the time I don't need an ADR and the food is quite good.

ssssh, to let the word out.

BeerMe
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Last time we ate there was in December and we enjoyed it. We rarely dislike the food any place in WDW but spectacular food is hard to find anymore. TE is not spectacular but it is good

minnierocks
09-01-2012, 09:15 AM
We loved Trail's End! It is the same fried chicken that is served at HDDR, which we love. The food was great and it is the cheapest buffet on property...AND it serves real sweet tea which is a big bonus for me. :goodvibes

scojos
09-01-2012, 09:17 AM
we are doing alot of bang for your buck places (CM Boma, 1900 pf, th etc... yes the plan was quiet with fireworks, its also at the end of 14 nights ddp (its free so not to worried about the "actual" cost iyswim) and we ll probably be sick of food by then lol....

Riverhill
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
We loved Trails End It is a quite buffet, not characters and relaxed atmosphere. My family always enjoys taking the boat from MK to get to dinner.:)

Of course I have not been back since the ceaser dressing gave me horrible food posioning in 09'. :( I was sick beyond belief for about 30 hours and missed a full day of our vacation.:crazy2:

That being said I would go back :thumbsup2... I just avoid ceaser dressing.;)

scojos
09-01-2012, 09:29 AM
We loved Trails End It is a quite buffet, not characters and relaxed atmosphere. My family always enjoys taking the boat from MK to get to dinner.:)

Of course I have not been back since the ceaser dressing gave me horrible food posioning in 09'. :( I was sick beyond belief for about 30 hours and missed a full day of our vacation.:crazy2:

That being said I would go back :thumbsup2... I just avoid ceaser dressing.;)

thanks for the heads up;)