PDA

View Full Version : How do you Drink

mickeysbestfriend
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
at Disney?

We used to pack out liqour and mixers in a suitcase and bring them with us so we can have an adult beverage by the pool in the afternoon or evenings but this was before the airlines started gouging with the checked bag fees.

We have since discovered WeGoShop and use them to shop for what we used to bring with us as well as breakfast items. They will bring booze, mixers, wine, beer and pretty much anything you want.

We still have a few drinks at Disney. Who can go to the Beirgarten without a liter of beer? I miss when it was $6.95 for a litre but it's traditional! We always have a beer at 50's Prime Time too....again...tradition!

We don't have a car so we can't get off property to buy things but have heard that the Hess station has pretty decent prices on beer! I guess we could bus it to a nearby hotel and haul it back to the room?

What are your thoughts?

smiths02
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
We don't drink enough or vacation often enough to worry about it. I just buy what I want from Disney (usually some mixed drink). I guess I don't mind paying for the specialty mixed drinks. I like to drink wine, but I just can't bear paying prices per glass in restaurants in general, so I only drink that at home.

(Although I think the waitress at Ohana thought I was a lush when I downed a Lapu Lapu and a pina colada AND I could still walk :rotfl2:)

If I were flying and we wanted drinks, I can see buying beer and wine from an outside vendor. We drive, so I guess we could just bring our own.

denise5374
08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
This time we brought beer with us for a drink in the afternoon by the pool. We took the autotrain so we could pack whatever we wanted. However, we also drank in the parks, spend my birthday at Epcot and id a min-drink around the world thing. Plus we would have drinks at dinner if we wanted them.

doitforlove
08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Are you really not checking any luggage? I'm luckily flying Southwest so we can check our bags for free. We're bringing a cheap (plastic) handle of vodka and will use our refillable mugs from the DDP for mixers. Anyway, if you are checking luggage you can always count your alcohol space as souvenir space for when you go home.