PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast...1900 Park Fare or Tusker House?

peeputt
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Breakfast...1900 Park Fare or Tusker House?
Opinions on which is better???
It's just DH and I (no kids) so we're looking for better overall
food and general experience. ;)

Mouseketeer1974
08-31-2012, 06:14 PM
We've done both over the last couple of weeks and it's a tough call between the two imho.

Tusker House had Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy & Donald on arrival.

1900 had Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Tigger and Mad Hatter.

Food was equally lovely in each but for me, it's 1900 every time. I love that resort but, an early morning ADR at Tusker House can get you into the park ahead of the crowds.

Sorry, just realised I've been no help whatsoever but pls be assured that whichever you choose you won't be disappointed:)

juliebug1997
08-31-2012, 07:55 PM
We love 1900 PF!!!!! Especially so that we can see Mary Poppins.

We've had two bad experiences at TH so it's off our list.

Gorechick
08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
We had a really good lunch at TH 2 weeks ago. Maybe do 1900 for BF and TH for lunch, do you can go to both.

Good Morning Dewdrop
08-31-2012, 08:29 PM
it's been a few years since we've done either but IMO the food and variety was much better at Tusker House. 1900 has average breakfast buffet type food - Tusker House seemed to have much better food and a bigger variety.

Character-wise one trip to 1900 (breakfast) we had great character interaction- not rushed loads of fun. On the following trip everyone seemed rushed/ stressed. The Mad Hatter skipped our table completely and the waiter reluctantly sent him over - if that had been our first visit we would not have gone back.

Tusker House the character interaction is good, the kids music parade was lots of fun (to watch) - it sort of brought a fun party atmosphere.

So my recommendation is Tusker House hands down.

DolewhipPrincess
09-01-2012, 09:25 AM
My vote is for Crystal Palace :)

DolewhipPrincess
09-01-2012, 09:27 AM
but 1900 park fare does have strawberry soup which is good. I think the food is all really comparable.

I think it should depend on which characters you want to see and look at the menus maybe you'd prefer puffed french toast (Crystal Palace), Strawberry Soup (1900 Park Fare)...etc...

DisneyMomto3Boys
09-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Oh I TOTALLY say Tusker House. I LOVE THAT BREAKFAST! Honestly, its the only meal I plan to get an ADR for next time. LOVE IT!

cmhguy
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
2 adults only here - and those are our top favorites! If I had to choose, I'd go with 1900.... here's why:

-I prefer characters that can talk - Alice turned out to be a favorite for us...

-we like getting a late rez at 1900, less crowded, more calm and more character interaction (and they tend to be more laid back by then too...) at TH, they are getting ready for lunch, so you don't have the same opportunity

-We are typically there for a week+ - it's a great laid back morning to venture to the GF, enjoy the hotel, have breakfast and lounge around for a while.

-we have had better service at 1900

As far as food - I'd give the edge to TH, because I like the variety of choices and the juice, but most of the food is very similar...

On our next trip, we are talking about doing both.... :thumbsup2

shannonstar
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
If it's about food, Tusker House. The variety there is great.

1900 is nice and the food is decent. We just aren't into the stuffy atmosphere. The strawberry soup is fabulous though.

daughtryfan114
09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
The strawberry soup is fabulous though.[/QUOTE]

We are going to 1900 for the first time. i cant wait to try the soup!

AshleyD1983
09-01-2012, 06:32 PM
My vote goes to Tusker House. It was our favorite character breakfast.

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Tusker breakfast was awesome!!! Loved it. 1900 was good too but i prefer tusker.

Tusker lunch was good but I think the breakfast is far better thou.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 01:50 AM
The strawberry soup is fabulous though.

We are going to 1900 for the first time. i cant wait to try the soup! [/quote]
The soup is overrated. Dont get your hopes up too high. lol.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

rklives
09-02-2012, 02:52 AM
we really enjoyed the Tusker House breakfast on our last trip, the food was much better than other buffets we've been to. Never been to park fare though so cant compare it.

PrincessNP
09-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Definitely 1900 Park Fare. Many buffets at WDW have similar offerings, but 1900 Park Fare has unique items, as well as all the usuals. I LOVE the lobster eggs Benedict. Best fresh made omelet bar! Hands down one of the best breakfast buffets for food in Disney.

Tusker House food is never consistent. We have been several times over the years for breakfast. it is nice seeing some of the Fab Five characters, but there are many other options for character dining to see those guys......like Chef Mickeys which is a better atmosphere.

Also, 2 yrs ago when we went to TH you had to wait in line outside to check in, then wait in line to see Donald, and then there was a line to be seating. Took FOREVER!! Obviously, not a fan......

pha1226
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
We ate at 1900 yesterday. The resort is gorgeous and the food is excellent. I second the recommendation for lobster eggs benedict. I found the character interaction rushed. I last ate there about 8 years ago and have great memories of the characters interacting with my kids. This time it was just sign the autograph books, pose for a picture, say a few lines and move on.

One warning if you drive...we went through the main gate and self parked. The guard at the gate didn't tell us you have to exit the main parking lot, go across the street at the traffic light and go through another gate to a lot across the street. We were laughing at having to park across the road at the poor people's parking lot!

GeneralTso
09-02-2012, 03:20 PM
I agree, both are really good!

Last year my husband and I ate at Tusker House (no kids) and it was fantastic. I love the theming in there. The buffet area is just gorgeous. Plus, you're inside AK and ready to roll. It was fun to have Mickey and Donald come right to us, too. Great pics.

TiggerTrigger
09-03-2012, 12:59 AM
1900 Park Fare!!!! :thumbsup2

We've had stellar service and not so great service, but the food and experience are top notch. The pecan sticky buns are my fave, but the lobster benedict was great on our first visit, the smoked salmon and dill spread were divine on both trips, and the strawberry soup is a huge plus! And even on the visit when the service was meh- they still went above and beyond by bringing both of my girls bday cupcakes so that nobody felt left out (I just figured they'd bring us 1). We've also had really good character interaction here on both visits...phenomenal Pooh on the first visit and Mary Poppins even sang with our girls on the last trip.

We've done Tusker once and had a really bad experience. I know a lot of people have glowing reviews of the place and we'll probably try it again at some point, but considering Tusker was a fail for us on food, service and environment/experience...1900 Park Fare is the hands down no doubt about it winner of this one for us. :goodvibes

JerseyJanice
09-03-2012, 12:32 PM
1900 Park Fare was absolutely excellent for us last June. The food was upscale and very well prepared, characters fun, atmosphere delightful, and service topnotch.

We haven't done the breakfast at Tusker House; I'd like to one day, but I have to tell you that 1900 PF in June was the best breakfast we ever had at the World. :)