PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grill

Luv0fDisney
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I just booked The Captain's Grill at The Yacht Club (first time)
i was wondering if the Captain's Grill Experience is available for those on the dining plan.

For those who eat at the Capain's Grill what is the best thing in the entree's that you like the best and dessert?

Riverhill
08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
I just booked The Captain's Grill at The Yacht Club (first time)
i was wondering if the Captain's Grill Experience is available for those on the dining plan.

For those who eat at the Capain's Grill what is the best thing in the entree's that you like the best and dessert?

We love the Captain's Grill. My favorite entree was the chef specialty, a chicken an gnocchi dish It was wonderful. All the desserts are good

catne
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
yes, you can get the Experience on the dining plan (no substitutions, though...so make sure you really want the choices on that part of the menu.) If you do like those choices, then it can be a good deal IF you really want an appetizer. Do note that the most expensive menu items are not available on the fixed-price options (that's how Disney makes it cost-effective to offer that option...the total of the 3 courses are less than if you were just ordering the most expensive items on the menu.) But if the choices look good to you, go for it. We like the food at Captain's Grille, and the convenience of being so close to Epcot. Like to eat dinner there around 6:00 or so, and then walk (or boat) over to Epcot International Gateway and pop into Epcot World Showcase for a little shopping & to watch Illuminations.

Can't help you with the Experience choices, though...We like the steaks there, so we don't do the Experience...

owl0306
08-31-2012, 02:59 PM
WOrst meal ever and I have eaten at pretty much every DW TS. The service was awful as was the manager. We got a credit to our room because of how bad the service was for the YC manager. One of my fav resorts to stay at but def do not eat there. We like Kouzzina much better and walk there from YC. Cape May was also great at BC

Nohal
08-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Anyone have the crab legs? DH & I ate there last year and planned on never going back but my sons are coming this time and picked this for the crabs legs.

travelbug
08-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Ate lunch at Captain's Grille for the first time on my last trip to WDW in April. All 3 of us had the fish and chips, and we all thought they were delicious. Service was excellent, the atmosphere was quiet and relaxed, and we enjoyed our meal. I'll definitely go there again.