PDA

View Full Version : Drinks and appetizers

safroim
08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Do the restaurants in Epcot allow you to just order drinks and appetizers and/or plate share? There are so many great places to try, but I don't want to plan full meals.

brertoad
08-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Absolutely. We go to Chefs de France and order 2 apps as our "meals". I love their French Onion soup so that is what I get, DH orders a flatbread.
Same goes for Toyko Dining, you can just order a sushi roll or two. Don't worry, they won't say anything to you, it would be rude if they did. In our experience the servers at any restaurant are nice, with the exclusion of maybe Whispering Canyon Cafe or 50s Prime Time - and they put on an act for entertainment purposes there.

Tigger's ally
08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
of course. Remember you are the customer. And Disney treats you like you are too. As a waiter or waitress, the tables that come in and have a drink and app turn over at twice the rate of a table that has a three course meal so it is often an even trade off.

BEASLYBOO
08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
We often prefer to try and share several appetizers rather than ordering an entre. Or we will share an entre, portions are so big at Disney, and then order a couple of appetizers and once in a blue moon share dessert. Never encountered a sharing charge to date!

disnut1149
08-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi
The only time we had a problem was at San Angel Inn. I had an ADR in the afternoon, and DH and I just wanted margaritas and appetizers, and they wouldn't let us stay at our table for that. We couldn't believe it. We would've spent quite a bit of money on the drinks!!

SamSam
08-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Dh and I often order appetizers and wine or split a meal wth wine and it's never been a problem. I don't think it really matters but when we order wine, sometimes by the bottle we figure that we're spending more than people that don't drink.

Still, even if you don't order drinks I think you are fine.

Ro Z
08-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi
The only time we had a problem was at San Angel Inn. I had an ADR in the afternoon, and DH and I just wanted margaritas and appetizers, and they wouldn't let us stay at our table for that. We couldn't believe it. We would've spent quite a bit of money on the drinks!!

I wouldn't tell them that is all you are ordering until after the apps were served. Then what are they gonna do? ;) We have gone to places expecting to have an entree and after the apps we are not hungry anymore and change plans. Never had a problem!

brertoad
09-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Hi

Unbelievable. That is so rude. I would write a letter to them and complain about that. Is San Angel the new restaurant by the lake, or the older restaurant inside Mexico? Because my DH and I have ordered drinks and apps at the restaurant inside Mexico before. We haven't been to the new Mexican restaurant yet, I read some mixed reviews and wasn't that interested in trying it.