PDA

View Full Version : Ham and cheese in France

CindyIsMyFave
08-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Really picky question warning! Is it the ham and cheese croissant or ham and cheese sandwich that DISers rave about getting served warm at the Boulangerie Patisserie? Want to be sure I get it right! :)

nanienamou
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
It's a croissant. :)

nanienamou
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
a pic from last october. This was completely delish! :lovestruc

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z104/nanienamou/IMG_8855.jpg

CindyIsMyFave
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Yum and thank you! Good thing we're leaving tomorrow! Lol.

minushka72
08-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Definitely the croissant. I get one every trip. Love them!

carrie6466
08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Croissant and I second the 'yum'!

Quin
08-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Cold or rainy weather? Heated ham & cheese croissant. Yum.

Hot, sticky weather? Cold ham and cheese on long, crusty french bread. Equally yum!

And either way, insane pastry choices for dessert!

eliza61
08-31-2012, 07:37 AM
It's a croissant. :)

a pic from last october. This was completely delish! :lovestruc

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z104/nanienamou/IMG_8855.jpg

Definitely the croissant. I get one every trip. Love them!

One of my favorite lunches

mjtm610
08-31-2012, 09:57 AM
I've tried making this at home......some how something's missing. Maybe it's the atmosphere?

Quin
08-31-2012, 10:11 AM
I've tried making this at home......some how something's missing. Maybe it's the atmosphere?

It's the napoleon for dessert that would be missing for me!

Nohal
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Is this the one that is a snack credit. It looks huge

lilipad
08-31-2012, 04:18 PM
So so so wish I had gotten my dessert in France when I was there. Opted to wait until Norway. :(

mlittig
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
I went back twice for the chocolate mousse in France :woohoo:

Kimosabe
08-31-2012, 11:20 PM
DD-10 was set to get the croissant a few weeks ago and did so and loved it...but we also discovered another ham and cheese option there that had sort of a French bread pizza feel to it...awesome! So depending how many people might be nibbling on something at the bakery, just go for both! That place may be the best-smelling area in all of WDW!

CindyIsMyFave
08-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Clearly I will have to report back! I hope we can make it there at a good time for a meal. I'll just make DH split stuff with me if we're not that hungry.

Dizneydaz
09-01-2012, 01:04 AM
DD-10 was set to get the croissant a few weeks ago and did so and loved it...but we also discovered another ham and cheese option there that had sort of a French bread pizza feel to it...awesome! So depending how many people might be nibbling on something at the bakery, just go for both! That place may be the best-smelling area in all of WDW!

My DD13 had the cheese (Tartine) last year and loved it! She plans on having at least one again this trip. I had a bite and it was the best french bread pizza I've had. I may just have to have the ham and cheese one myself. ;)

CindyIsMyFave
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM
The ham & cheese croissant warmed up completely lives up to the hype! It was soooooo good! Too bad I forgot to ask what kind of cheese it was though! Anyway, highly recommended - and cheap too! :)

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I prefer ham/cheese on a baguette. Soooo very yummy. Tastes just like the sandwiches from paris.

For 1 QS credit you can get a sandwich, dessert and drink....OR....2 desserts and a drink. Your choice. I was just there a couple of days ago. Had the lemon tart, wow! delish!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

dislaney
09-02-2012, 01:50 PM
My DD13 had the cheese (Tartine) last year and loved it! She plans on having at least one again this trip. I had a bite and it was the best french bread pizza I've had. I may just have to have the ham and cheese one myself. ;)

My dd had this last trip too and she begrudgingly let me have a bite. Delicious!:thumbsup2 I will be getting one for my self next time.:goodvibes

CindyIsMyFave
09-02-2012, 03:15 PM
I prefer ham/cheese on a baguette. Soooo very yummy. Tastes just like the sandwiches from paris.

For 1 QS credit you can get a sandwich, dessert and drink....OR....2 desserts and a drink. Your choice. I was just there a couple of days ago. Had the lemon tart, wow! delish!

The only cold ham and cheese sandwich I have ever liked did indeed get eaten in Paris.

We don't do the dining plan, so was happy to see decent OOP prices. Had a chocolate mousse too - yum!

jcemom
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The ham and cheese croissant and chocolate mousse are a MUST for us every single trip. DD9 asked that we go twice this trip because it's her favorite meal. I managed to work it in THREE times! Now I can finally try the ham and cheese baguette! I never want to give up the croissant to try the baguette, but now I can have my croissant on the first visit, try the baguette on the second, and have an encore of whichever I want on the third. :cool1:

16 days and counting...Croissants, baguettes, chocolate mousse, and napoleans here I come! :love:

scojos
09-02-2012, 03:44 PM
the cheese used is emmental, and mild nutty cheese its easily recognizable as a hard cheese with holes;)
traditionally the croissant should be served warm, enough to make the croissant soft, not hot as to make the edges hard, a real croissant is soft..

the cheese platter is also very good if ur looking for a different cheesy experience...

i would recommend the napoleon or a strawberry tartlets...
i lived in france for a long time, dh and my boys are french citizens and the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears;))

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears )
I only vacationed there, but i agree that its very similar to the boulangeries in paris.

scojos
09-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I only vacationed there, but i agree that its very similar to the boulangeries in paris.

esp the bread, french men get very funny about their bread, dh brought a baguette (just the bread, no cheese, butter, just bread) and ate it walking out of IG on the way home... we got some wierd looks!!::yes::

goofyintoronto
09-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

esp the bread, french men get very funny about their bread, dh brought a baguette (just the bread, no cheese, butter, just bread) and ate it walking out of IG on the way home... we got some wierd looks!!

LOL! thats funny. I dont blame your hubby. id do the same. im a huge sucker for a good baugette!

luvallprincesses
09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
the cheese used is emmental, and mild nutty cheese its easily recognizable as a hard cheese with holes;)
traditionally the croissant should be served warm, enough to make the croissant soft, not hot as to make the edges hard, a real croissant is soft..

the cheese platter is also very good if ur looking for a different cheesy experience...

i would recommend the napoleon or a strawberry tartlets...
i lived in france for a long time, dh and my boys are french citizens and the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears;))

Exactly what was on our tray last visit...ham and cheese croissant, cheese platter, Napoleon and strawberry tartlets. I dare to say it was the best meal we had the entire trip, and we were on the dining plan with a TS every day. Can't wait to repeat that exact meal in November...maybe twice.

disney212
09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
In all my trips to Disney how have I missed this! I have to get one of those (yes, I mean one of everything mentioned)!:lmao:

CindyIsMyFave
09-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the cheese info! I am usually not a big cheese person; I dislike cheese cold (which is why my love for my "cold" sandwich in Paris surprised me so!)

It sounds like they do a very good job fitting your description; that's how my sandwich was today. DH will try a Napoleon tomorrow then probably; I'm afraid I don't care for strawberries. :(

And I would absolutely eat a baguette plain walking out of IG too! :)

scojos
09-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the cheese info! I am usually not a big cheese person; I dislike cheese cold (which is why my love for my "cold" sandwich in Paris surprised me so!)

It sounds like they do a very good job fitting your description; that's how my sandwich was today. DH will try a Napoleon tomorrow then probably; I'm afraid I don't care for strawberries. :(

And I would absolutely eat a baguette plain walking out of IG too! :)

do it!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

TheNewMrsB
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Can't wait to share one of these with DH in a couple of weeks! Yum! What an amazing snack credit!

And yes, we've shared in the past...though maybe not this time. ;) Since you all have me drooling already! I might smack his hand away...

DisneyDetective
09-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Mmmm it's def the croissant and get a strawberry tart on me!

wdwpirates
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I've been eyeballing that ham & cheese croissant for years! This thread settles it! It's on the list for our next visit!! Can't wait to try it!