PDA

View Full Version : Dining with Mickey

disneylovr1
08-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Other than Chef Mickey's, what character meals have Mickey in attendance?

I can't believe I don't know the answer to this question off of the top of my head! I never had to worry about character dining before, but now I have a 2 1/2 yr old and I love watching him interact with characters, and would much rather do it during meals than have to line up at the parks. Plus it's less rushed with less worry about the people in line behind you.

I've seen The Garden Grill mentioned, but couldn't be sure Mickey was always there. Anything not in a park? On our park days we have reservations for one meal, and I don't think any of us would tolerate 2 in one day. We're lucky he sits down for one meal, plus that's a lot of time out of the day.

I will keep checking Chef Mickey's, which would be perfect since we'll be at the Poly, but for now there is absolutely nothing the week we'll be there (Halloween week).

sarmat1
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
I've seen The Garden Grill mentioned, but couldn't be sure Mickey was always there.

He's at Garden Grill appearing in overalls (we called him farmer Mickey) which fits with the theme of Living with the Land. Very nice interaction there, as he'll likely be around more than once. Very good food as well served family style, so you don't have to get up like you would for the buffets.

MistressMerryweather
08-30-2012, 02:57 PM
We've eaten at Garden Grill many times and he's never not been there. It's one of our favorites. I think Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill are the only two dinners with Mickey. You can see him for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Ohanas in the Poly. If you are staying at the Poly, a Ohana breakfast would be perfect.
You can see Minnie at Cape May Cafe breakfast.

TDC Nala
08-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Mickey is also one of the regularly scheduled characters at Tusker House breakfast and lunch buffet (Animal Kingdom).

Specific characters are almost never guaranteed but they will generally have the regular characters unless they just couldn't get cast members to play them.

If you're looking for outside the parks, your only options with Mickey regularly scheduled are 'Ohana breakfast and Chef Mickey's.

disneylovr1
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, MistressMerryweather :worship::worship:. Somehow I missed that he was at Ohanas, I thought it was just Lilo and Stitch. That is perfect! I changed our Kona breakfast to Ohanas for our first morning. I might not even worry about checking for Chef Mickey's now, since we don't usually like to many TS meals and that worked out so well! :banana::banana::banana: