PDA

View Full Version : Is CRT worth 2 credits

Danny K
08-29-2012, 06:19 AM
We are going to disney world in 2013 and on the regular dining plan. I am worried that if we take 2 credits off then our day we go home we will only have a snack and another day we will have to eat 2 counter service restaurants. We are all princess crazy and think its a good experience to eat in the castle, but I am a little worried about issues. Also we probably will never go again until 5 years has past so if CRT is really worth it we can't wait until the next time. Can you help me on this? Once again I am worried about the day we go home we will just have a snack credit. We will be going like 1:00pm from the disney hotel and no park tickets that dat, just at the hotel. So let me know what you think?

AlohaAnnie
08-29-2012, 06:30 AM
We went for Breakfast in 2006, DD loved it she was 4 at the time and it was great to eat in the castle. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

We have not returned since then because we never wanted to spend the 2 dining credits after that.

We did not have a bad experience and we have wonderful memories from that breakfast. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

So to us, Yes!, it was worth it. :thumbsup2

added: There is so much food on the dining plan, We share breakfast and lunch CS meals.

GoHerbie
08-29-2012, 06:43 AM
It's most definitely worth it to do at least once, especially if you're princess crazy and especially if you won't return for 5 yrs. We did it in Nov 2009 where DD was 5 at the time and had a blast.

It's the whole experience that counts - pics w/Cinderella, walking up the royal staircase, actually eating IN the castle, and princesses coming to your table.

tracyheartsmickey
08-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Yes, but not for the food. It is an amazing experience and will get to experience it again in about 38 days! Woohoo!

somesong2sing
08-29-2012, 07:00 AM
One time is enough for sure.

Hootch
08-29-2012, 07:05 AM
it worthwhile enough to go the last four trips.
The food was good but you are paying for the environment. You can couple the meal with a visit to BBB and go on a few rides in Fantasyland.

If you are really concerned about the two credits you will get the same number of princesses at Askerhus for one credit. I prefer CRT for our daughter but Askerhus has a lot of fans on this board.

Danny K
08-29-2012, 07:07 AM
And how is the food at CRT? Is it awful or okay or what? Also at dinner can you ask for more food? Because we are huge eaters.

baldy6060
08-29-2012, 07:20 AM
When I read the title of the thread I immediately thought "Oh, heavens! NO!" Now that I know you have little girls who are princess crazy I would guess it probably is. The food is atrocious but if I had a little girl I'd want to take her to experience the "magical" aspect. It was fun watching the tykes interact with the princesses.

lync
08-29-2012, 07:26 AM
No, I don't think it was . I'm glad we did it, I guess. Now I know what it's like. We won't be wasting 2TS on it again. The food just wasn't good and the princess were rushed. I felt like we were a herd of cattle while we were waiting to get our picture made with Cinderella.

I like Akershus SOOO much better. I don't feel rushed with the Princesses at all! AND, it's only 1 TS!

TDC Nala
08-29-2012, 07:35 AM
And how is the food at CRT? Is it awful or okay or what? Also at dinner can you ask for more food? Because we are huge eaters.

It is not awful. But it is by no means 2 credit food. If you go, remember you're paying for the experience of eating in the castle.

tinker_stinker06
08-29-2012, 07:42 AM
In the past we have done the lunch and paid out of pocket since it set price for the meal...or atleast it was last time we were there not sure if things have changed. I haven't looked in a while. We usually use an extra table credit for the aloha dinner show at the poly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards

Disney_Princess83
08-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Honestly, for the food alone, it is not worth it. That being said we adore CRT and it's worth it for us for 2 credits or paying OOP. You are paying for the experience of eating in the castle and meeting the princesses. If you're not going back for 5 years, I would do it.

Akershus is very good as well and it's only 1 table credit. You still can plenty of princesses there as well. Do you want the whole experience (castle ect) or just the princesses? If the Princesses are the most important thing and you're worried about the table credits, I'd go with Akerhaus.

mommyof3princess27
08-29-2012, 07:57 AM
we are eating in the castle for lunch and have an Ohana dinner... I guess if we are still hungry we can fill up at dinner :)

Danny K
08-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Honestly, for the food alone, it is not worth it. That being said we adore CRT and it's worth it for us for 2 credits or paying OOP. You are paying for the experience of eating in the castle and meeting the princesses. If you're not going back for 5 years, I would do it.

Akershus is very good as well and it's only 1 table credit. You still can plenty of princesses there as well. Do you want the whole experience (castle ect) or just the princesses? If the Princesses are the most important thing and you're worried about the table credits, I'd go with Akerhaus.

The castle is a big thing, and the princesses are a big thing to. I prefer to skip Akershus because I want to try tastes of countries in Epcot. So if I do it, can I ask for a second helping of food FOR DINNER? Also are princesses very rushed there or you can spend time to talk to the princesses?

Disney_Princess83
08-29-2012, 08:13 AM
The castle is a big thing, and the princesses are a big thing to. I prefer to skip Akershus because I want to try tastes of countries in Epcot. So if I do it, can I ask for a second helping of food FOR DINNER? Also are princesses very rushed there or you can spend time to talk to the princesses?

We have never felt the Princesses are rushed. Obviously if it's really full, they need to move on from table to table. A great way to combat this is is book at slightly off peak times. Book an earlier meal which is often quieter then say 6pm -8pm which is peak dinner times.

If it's a buffet style, you can ask for more of anything you want. I'm not sure if it's a set menu if you can ask for more, we never have but we are not big eaters (two of us can easily share a counter meal for lunch or dinner and not be hungry afterwards)

gwmort
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I think its worth the 2 credits.

In addition to the normal character meals (like Akerhaus), you get a photo included and some merchandise for the kids, I think my daughter got a wand and my son a sword or something.

Once is enough (once in a lifetime memories) but I think everyone should do it once.

Familyof4lovesDW
08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
We are going to disney world in 2013 and on the regular dining plan. I am worried that if we take 2 credits off then our day we go home we will only have a snack and another day we will have to eat 2 counter service restaurants. We are all princess crazy and think its a good experience to eat in the castle, but I am a little worried about issues. Also we probably will never go again until 5 years has past so if CRT is really worth it we can't wait until the next time. Can you help me on this? Once again I am worried about the day we go home we will just have a snack credit. We will be going like 1:00pm from the disney hotel and no park tickets that dat, just at the hotel. So let me know what you think?

For the experience yes, for the food no. I would for sure do it if you are not planning on retuning for 5 years.

I would suggest taking a look at the snack credits that ae avaliable. Some of them are like meals themselves, so use the snacks as meals at the parks and you will have some counter service credits left. Another option would be to share counter service meals and get a snack, still providing left over counter service credits for the last day. I hope that made sense.

This will be our fourth trip, so we really like the experience I guess : )