PDA

View Full Version : Please look at ADR's...need advice for final night

tnelson1112
08-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I made my ADR's and am fine with everything but the final day. I just can't make up my mind...please advise me.

Our trip is with me, my husband, 21 year old son, 6 year old daughter and 5 year old daughter.

Arrive Wed 9/19........dinner 1900 Park Fare

9/20........Sci-Fi lunch
50's Prime Time dinner

9/21........CRT dinner, then MNSSHP

9/22.........California Grill ( just me and hubby)

9/23.........Ohana's. Dinner

9/24........Akershus 8am breakfast

Now for the decision.....I have 2:15 reservations at Coral Reef, we could do that then mess around rest of day at Epcot and prepare to leave early next morning

Or.....I have dinner ADR for Hoop Dee Doo, if we do this we would prob eat quick service lunch and cancel Coral Reef

Should we skip Hoop Dee Doo or would it be fun to do our final night? Will my girls enjoy it?

I would really appreciate someone advising me, this is our 1st trip and I am lost:(. Thanks!

TinkerbellinLouisian
08-28-2012, 10:58 PM
HDDR:

I just LOVED this May 2010... did Tier 1 seating with my thenDS18... The slapstick was funny and we were so so closely seated although not the best seats as I had to move my chair to even see the stage....

SO I reserved seats (Tier 2 this time) for our May 2012 visit. It was 6 of us this time... and we were seated in the Balcony.

Albeit ... we were TOTALLY Exhausted from our whole trip and our day... so I do think that did not help. The family did seem to somewhat enjoy this experience but NOT to the degree that I had hoped.

WHEN I do this experience again I will do this TIER 1 ONLY. And on a day we are not totally exhausted...

That is my advice to you.... I do think the family will enjoy it.. but just remember get the Tier 1 seating and definitely plan when you have time to enjoy and are not totally worn out...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

minnie mum
08-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Absolutely do HDDR!!! What a fabulous way to end a Disney vacation. We always love going to this show. We've been seated in all 3 categories at one time or another and have always had a great view of the stage.

And frankly, we were completely disgusted by our meal at Coral Reef. I would never recommend that place.

jenjie
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
We just are lunch at Coral Reef yesterday, the same ballpark time as your ADR. DH had the mahi mahi as presented on the menu, I had the mahi mahi plain (allergy) with the bean dish side listed under the rainbow trout. We both loved it and left nothing on our plates.

DS had the steak. I didn't taste it but it looked good.

tnelson1112
08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
So, you think even 5and 6 year olds will enjoy Hoop-Dee-Doo?

ToddyLu
08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
:lmao: Absolutely, they will have a ball. It is very family oriented and slap stick. Have a great time. Food is pretty good too.

ToddyLu
08-29-2012, 06:59 PM
;) Be sure to get there early and take a look around the campground. They will take your picture before the show, too. It is very organized and you can also get beer or wine I think with your meal if you want to.

englanddg
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Hoop De Doo is great for all ages (has many genuinely funny moments). The food is excellent, and the show is fun.

That being said, with two little girls, have you thought about looking into the Spirit of Aloha Luau? It's two dining credits though, so maybe that's not an option. If you were going to spend two dining credits on a last night trip, I'd do Cinderella's Royal Table.

My daughter was 7 this years trip, and we did both. She adored the Luau...she got into Hoop de Hoo (she was more interested in the horses at the farm), but she wasn't really into it until near the end of the Second Act (it starts off a bit slow). 2-pence (I forget his name) really steals the show, and you will find yourself genuinely laughing at his antics.

Also, I don't know if this was a recent change or not, but I could not order beer or wine at the HDDR, and they did not take our picture, though the performers will hang outside before the show and take pictures if you like, but they aren't there long, and unless you get up and use the bathroom (which is outside and to the left...), you won't run into them.

If you do HDDR, be sure to program in some time for the horse and buggy, which loads up directly across from the ticket booth. The cost is reasonable, and it's a very memorable and relaxing trip.

One more thing, remember that Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are TWO different resorts...so be sure to get off at the second stop instead of being a ninny like me who got off and made it as far as Artist's Point before I remembered...derp e derp...it's at Ft. Wilderness.

Coral Reef is a great restaurant, and my kid not only enjoys it, but remembers it (the restaurant with the fish!). We do it every annual visit at least once. However, it is a restaurant...

Didn't mean to ramble on this long, but I hope it helps!