PDA

View Full Version : Confort me with my choices!

Maxim
08-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi guys
Only 30 days Before WDW!!
I just want to be conforted in my choices for ADR!
Who are we? Me: 30:bride: been to WDW several time when I was a kid, but never ate at a Seated restaurant in WDW.
DH: 32- Well 33 the day we are at AK
DD: 6yo.
DT: 2 2 year old twins.
And my parents!
We have the Free DP for 8 nights.
Here's our Line up.

Arriving at the Hôtel at 1pm.
Sept.27: Dinner at Portobello DTD
Sept.28: Dinner at Rainforest Café AK.
Sept.29: Lunch at Crystal Palace
Sept.30 : Dinner at Chefs de France
Oct.1 : Dinner at Tusker House
Oct.2 : we are off that Day. We Stay at the resort and have Dinner at TRex
Oct.3 : Dinner at Nine Dragons ( not too sure)
Oct.4: No ADR because we are at MK and nothing inspires me...
Oct.5: Breakfast at OHana and we leave WDW at 4pm

As I said, not too sure about Nine Dragons. Any other suggestion for that night at Epcot? We dont have the Hooperpass with the kids it wasn't worth it.
We are spending the Day at thé park we are having Dinner or lunch

Any suggestion on what we should get for QS the days we are at the parks?

Thanks

macjodi
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Will mainly reply about Nine Dragons. If you are into the characters, Garden Grill is a great way to calmly engage the characters. Food is good, but it is a fixed menu and served family style. Characters right to your table, will spend a lot of time with you. They say Chip and Dale, but often others, including Mickey are present. Not a hectic pace, while the restaurant circles slowly above scenes from Living in the Land, you enjoy things a bit less loud and boisterous, but very enjoyable. Very nice environment.
Always like eating in Mexico but it may be a bit slow, and also dark, for the kids.
You may even think of walking out the Interntational Gateway and going into Cape May at the Beach Club or Flying Fish at the Boardwalk.

Singinglizzie
08-28-2012, 11:11 PM
You have a great line-up already. Epcot by far has the most restaurant choices. You could have a great table service or counter service. My favorite 1 TS is Coral Reef for the atmosphere. Marrakesh is my favorite counter service. Regarding your day at MK. If you feel up to leaving the park, you can take the monorail over to the Grand Floridian cafe. You could also go over to the Poly, and have dinner at Kona, although it's much easier to get an ADR at the GF Cafe.

Sept.27: Dinner at Portobello DTD CS - Try Earl of Sand. or WGPE
Sept.28: Dinner at Rainforest Café AK. CS - Try Flametree BBQ
Sept.29: Lunch at Crystal Palace CS- try Columbia Harbor or Pinocchio's House
Sept.30 : Dinner at Chefs de France - CS Try the Japanese CS
Oct.1 : Dinner at Tusker House
Oct.2 : we are off that Day. We Stay at the resort and have Dinner at TRex
Oct.3 : Dinner at Nine Dragons ( not too sure) CS - try Marrakesh
Oct.4: No ADR because we are at MK and nothing inspires me... (I'd do GF Cafe or Kona)
Oct.5: Breakfast at OHana and we leave WDW at 4pm
Have fun with your planning.!!

Ro Z
08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Skip nine dragons. Not a fan. Yes Coral Reef. We like Sunshine at the Land for Cs. Also Electric Umbrella. Both have refills on drinks. On Epcot Day. Trex is awesome. Y+Y cs is good for AK. IMO Kona is better than GFC if you were gonna change for one of these.

TinkerbellinLouisian
08-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Rainforest Cafe in AK is a definite "MUST DO" at least once with kiddos for the atmosphere...

'Ohana breakfast has always been a HUGE Favorite with the family... we've been there 4x or more... it is SO Much fun and food is yummy...

I've not tried the others but had Foodie WDW Friends rave about Portobellos...

CS/QS I recommend is Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland at MK. We've also been heading to Sunset Ranch Market an outdoor area between RoR and ToT in DHS... for the selection. Epcot, I like Sunshine Seasons/The Land or America ....

Have a magical visit !

Mary

averill94
08-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Just wanted to chime in on Nine Dragons. We wet last year and was surprised at how much we liked it! THe food was really good and so was the service.

Everything else looks good on your list too!

As for your MK day, we did the same thing. Skipped table service entirely. We stayed in the park and grabbed a bite. First time we ever did it but now it is the way to go!

mitchell8621
08-29-2012, 06:26 AM
If you want Asian but not Nine Dragons, try Teppan Edo...the show you get while the food is made is worth the trip alone

bunkkinsmom
08-29-2012, 06:33 AM
So the only one of these I have been to (besides O'Hana, but that was dinner) is Les Chefs. Here's my review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEBDtVD_T1k

And ditto on Grand Floridian Cafe! Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEBDtVD_T1k

Someone else suggested Garden Grill, and I agree: (Big River Grill Bonus!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdnq41XWFh0

Have a great time!

jennylyn_b
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM
We enjoy nine dragons very much but if you aren't sure I would like to suggest Via Napoli for some delicious pizza! Also, for your MK day consider the Plaza, yes you should make an adr. It is an excellent small table service that serves sandwiches, burger, milkshakes, sundaes etc. Check out the menu at allears.net or wdwinfo.com.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

shannonstar
08-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I would trade out Nine Dragons for Via Napoli or Garden Grill (thought GG is probably booked). Another choice would be Biergarten (lots of entertainment factor)

On your MK, I agree with a PP that you should consider Kona at the Poly.

I am not a Rainforest Cafe person, but that might be b/c we have 2 nearby. We love T-Rex though and they are basically the same animals vs dinosaurs. Just keep in mind that both can be pretty loud.

CS
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
MK - Sleepy Hollow, Columbia Harbour House
EP - Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene Cafe
HS.... - Carrot Cake Cookie at the Writer's Stop, Starring Rolls for Cupcakes

Maxim
08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys!!
I Will speak with DH and m'y parents tonite

Tanyabeth8
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I am also 30 days away!! The day I'm at MK we are taking the monorail to the Polynesian and having dinner at Kona Cafe because nothing in the park sounded great to me either. Enjoy your trip!

donac
08-29-2012, 08:12 PM
We enjoy nine dragons very much but if you aren't sure I would like to suggest Via Napoli for some delicious pizza! Also, for your MK day consider the Plaza, yes you should make an adr. It is an excellent small table service that serves sandwiches, burger, milkshakes, sundaes etc. Check out the menu at allears.net or wdwinfo.com.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We did these two last week while we were there. Via Napoli had some great pizza and we did not have to wait too long to get the food.

The Plaza is a sweet place to get out of the crazyness of the MK.

If you have some extra time and want to get completely away from the crowds take a boat to FW and eat dinner at Trails End. It was our most relaxed meal of the entire trip.

juliebug1997
08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Will mainly reply about Nine Dragons. If you are into the characters, Garden Grill is a great way to calmly engage the characters. Food is good, but it is a fixed menu and served family style. Characters right to your table, will spend a lot of time with you. They say Chip and Dale, but often others, including Mickey are present. Not a hectic pace, while the restaurant circles slowly above scenes from Living in the Land, you enjoy things a bit less loud and boisterous, but very enjoyable. Very nice environment.
Always like eating in Mexico but it may be a bit slow, and also dark, for the kids.
You may even think of walking out the Interntational Gateway and going into Cape May at the Beach Club or Flying Fish at the Boardwalk.

Garden Grill is always Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto.

We liked Nine Dragons. We felt it was pretty good for theme park and fairly decent Chinese. I mean, is it your favorite neighborhood hole in the wall? No, but it's tasty.

We like Via Napoli, Biergarten and love, love, love Garden Grill, but I'm not sure if you're looking for another character meal.

Teppan Edo is okay. The thing that you need to be aware of is that you'll be seated with strangers (just like at Biergarten). However, at Biergarten, you are seated with a whole family and that might not be the case at Teppan Edo. We were two adults and were sat with a family reunion's children. Like every one of the children were under the age of 12 and the adults all sat at another table. One of the children was so upset about not sitting with her mom, she cried the entire length of dinner.

PamelaKay
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I was not a fan of Nine Dragons... I agree that Via Napoli or Teppan Edo are better.

You might consider dinner at Cape May at the beach club too. It is a short walk through the international gateway.

As for you MK day with no ADR, have you looked at taking the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and trying Whispering Canyon Cafe. I also agree with previous posts that Kona Cafe is good. I enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe too.

Good luck... sounds like you will have fun regardless of your dining decisions.

dgagnon519
08-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Sept.27: Dinner at Portobello DTD - we have never eaten here, but never hear good things from people we do know who have been. CS Earle is great or maybe do RFC at DTD instead of AK.

Sept.28: Dinner at Rainforest Café AK. - Yak and Yeti is really good and drop the nine dragons.

Sept.29: Lunch at Crystal Palace - CP is a must do for us every time.
Sept.30 : Dinner at Chefs de France - we did not have a good experience here, but most people do.

Oct.1 : Dinner at Tusker House - we have never done this, but want to.

Oct.2 : we are off that Day. We Stay at the resort and have Dinner at TRex - trex is fun

Oct.3 : Dinner at Nine Dragons ( not too sure) - what about Teppan edo, good experience and excellent food

Oct.4: No ADR because we are at MK and nothing inspires me... - you good always do something at the GF or Poly or WL like 1900 or Ohanas or WCC

Oct.5: Breakfast at OHana and we leave WDW at 4pm - my favorite

Kimosabe
08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Chefs de France - with kids that age, if you have the option to switch dinner to lunch, they would get to see Remy (from Ratatouille), the smallest audio-animatronic at WDW. A waiter pushes him around on a cart. I could be wrong, but I don't think he comes out for dinner. Either way, my whole family loved the food there (including DD-7 and DD-10), so a good choice.

I have not eaten at Nine Dragons, but would strongly support a Via Napoli replacement if you can get it. Alternatively, the Cape May (at Beach Club) option could also be fun, as the kids might enjoy the boat ride from the International Gateway...although not a bad walk for adults, I'm always hesitant to make my kids walk too much extra if there is another option, especially if you're there all week. And with young ones, you might be looking for something to kill some time on that second EPCOT day anyway, so a side trip to Cape May might be worth the time. I know they have characters at breakfast -- not sure about lunch or dinner.

On a similar note, unless you've already gone to AK and feel like you can fill two days there, that seems like a lot for three young kids (it would be a lot for me!). You could probably fill one day pretty easily if you hit the shows (Lion King and Finding Nemo are both excellent), watch the parade, get some autographs and play in Dinoland for a while. I'd be tempted to swap one of the days for another MK day or even DHS. From MK, taking the boat over to FW for the Hoop De Doo Revue or Mickey's Backyard BBQ or to WL for Whispering Canyon Cafe could be a fun dining option.

For what it's worth, I commend your decision to take a day off in the middle of everything. We have done that a couple of times before, and it certainly gives everyone (especially the kiddos) a chance to re-energize, enjoy the resort pool, etc., before hitting it again the next day. Have fun!

te2077
08-30-2012, 03:36 PM
weve always had a good experience at nine dragons. Usually do a lunch there. However, Coral Reef is a must do. So fun and relaxing to sit and watch all the sea life. Have Fun!!!!
:thumbsup2

Maxim
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Kimosabe
We are spending 2 days in each parks (MK,Epcot and AK).
We won't do DHS, the kids are too young.

We are planing to come back to the resort after lunch when we have the EMH at MK and Epcot so we can check out illuminations and the Electric Parade!

momofkids
08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not great with internet lingo....what is "confort"?

Maxim
08-31-2012, 07:33 AM
It's not lingo actually... I'm maintly french. I don't consider myself fully billingual, but functionnal?!?

I meant, reassure me with my choices if you like!

Ro Z
08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm not great with internet lingo....what is "confort"?

I thought it was a typo, and you meant comfort. LOL

tarheelmjfan
08-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Your restaurants look good, or at least fun. :thumbsup2 The only one I would suggest changing is Nine Dragons. We ate there earlier this year & it was very bland. It was like mall food court Chinese. The mom & pop Chinese restaurants around here are much better, & I live in Florida. We're not exactly known for good Chinese food. :laughing: Since it appears themeing played a big part in your dining choices, how about San Angel Inn. It has a special, only in Disney atmosphere. We've eaten there this year as well. The food was much better than ND. Actually, we'd choose most Epcot restaurants over ND.

BTW, your English is very good for a second language. It's impressive you type it as well as you do.

Maxim
08-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah i meant comfort
Just that I have the French autocorrect on my iPad, which is giving me a hard time.

Thanks guys

poly princess
08-31-2012, 09:45 PM
I would give Via Napoli a go. They have a great pizza and I believe you can a large/family size pizza. With young kids, I would try and eat at Garden Grill.

Enjoy!
Poly princess:

taaren
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
For our MK day, we were also not inspired by the TS choices, so we are planning

A) CS Be our guest for lunch and/or (probably and, who am I kidding?)
B) Sleepy Hollow waffle sandwiches, both chicken and Nutella varieties. :goodvibes

dreamdisney14
08-31-2012, 11:58 PM
I have never been to nine dragons but if you want to change it- we LOVE teppan edo! The food is delicious and it is neat to see your food cooked on your table in front of you. The onion volcano is my favorite. But I am sure whatever you decide on will be delicious :)