PDA

View Full Version : It's a WONDER we have any money left after the Cruise! - All done!

Pages : [1] 2

franandaj
08-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi! My name is Alison and welcome to my PTR. This is me and partner Fran at the DestinationD event at the Disneyland Resort in August this year.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Destination%20D/DSCN6375.jpg

For those of you who know me you will completely understand the title of this PTR, for those that might need some explaining, Ill try to give you the short version. We have been Disneyholics since before we met. In fact some say it was a match made in Disneyland! Weve traveled to WDW together seven times and we couldnt even count the number of trips to Disneyland, suffice to say its A LOT! We had three trips planned to WDW in the past year, all have had to be canceled due to something called a venous ulcer which is a nasty thing that grows inside the leg and we didnt even know it was there when we had booked this trip.

Suffice to say, last years F&W trip at WDW was canceled just days before we were leaving, but at the time we didnt know about the venous ulcer, just that there was a bad rash/outbreak on her leg. This time I was assured that Fran would be healthy enough to travel in May and again, we canceled the day before leaving. Today we decided that our October F&W trip to WDW will be rescheduled as a non F&W trip in January. Now convincing her to take this cruise was no small feat. Our last cruise was on the Wonder in 2001 when she was a fairly new ship. This is us on our last cruise.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN5485.jpg

She had a hard time navigating Castaway Cay, plus it was our first WDW trip where she broke down and rented a scooter. After that cruise, she decided that she didnt want to go on any more cruises until she got better. You see she suffers from severe rheumatoid arthritis and has a very difficult time getting around. Well over 10 years later and only a small amount of better, I finally convinced her that we could watch our lives go by waiting to get better or just start cruising now and watch it get better. Seeing that Disney was going to discontinue their Mexican Riviera cruises and I didnt want to miss out on a cruise from my home port, so I was able to seal the deal.

So rewind back to March, we had been hmmming and hawing over whether or not to take the cruise and what level of stateroom to get. I really wanted to stay on the Concierge level because I have become spoiled like that and justified it with the fact that its been so long since we took a cruise, that we needed it. Plus being handicapped, she would enjoy the extra services and not have to run around and wait in lines for everything I wanted to do. I was able to compile this list from the DIS of perks you get staying on CL.

" 120 Days prior to sailing, access to the Concierge Team, to assist with planning all dining, shore excursions and any questions regarding the sailing.
" On the day of sailing, upon arrival for check-in, Concierge Guests have their own, separate check-in station and seating are, and are given Priority Boarding, with no waiting (unless you arrive prior to the commencement of boarding at 1pm).
" Private reception with food upon boarding
" On board 24 hour access to the Concierge Team for any concerns, questions, problems.
" Concierge Guests receive 100 minutes of free internet time
" Special Concierge Reception with the Senior Officers with drinks & hor dourves
" Daily treats delivered to the room
" In-Room dining from the PALO menu delivered to the room, and the Palo $20 surcharge is waived
" Larger staterooms than all others
" robes and slippers (not to keep)
" DVD player list of DVD's to watch
" popcorn with DVD's
" lithograph
" Hot breakfast via room service all days except continental breakfast in room on last morning
priority tendering
" soda/water and they stock the fridge daily with requested beverages.
" excursion booking and reservations for tastings. All tickets delivered to stateroom
" tour of the bridge

The sodas were nice, the priority boarding and the receptions were also nice. You know what was the clincher&.

" Concierge Guests receive 100 minutes of free internet time

:rotfl2: Do I know my wife?????

We are booked on the November 25 sailing, just a couple days after Thanksgiving. I had considered doing Thanksgiving on the cruise because every year we alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving sharing my parents with my sisters family. They leave near Seattle and it is much too cold for someone with RA to visit at that time of year. They also have a few kids and no money so they cant travel for holidays, so were kind of stuck. This is our year for Christmas with the folks, so well travel around Thanksgiving. Last year we spent Christmas in Las Vegas and liked the idea of getting out of town around the holiday that we would be spending alone, so well continue that tradition, but the cruise on the week of Thanksgiving was so much more expensive, I crossed that off the list.

Since we passed the 120 day mark already, Ive made my Palo reservations. We are doing Brunch there at 11:30AM on the first morning at sea (thanks Alicia for that idea!). Ive also booked 6PM for dinner on Thursday which I hope will be Pirate night. According to other MR TRs that Ive read the Pirate dinner is heavy on coconut and other ingredients that I dont like to eat so Im hoping by booking Palo that night we can avoid menu items I dont like, plus Fran and I can both be pretty big party poopers. Shr has a lot of pain and usually hurts a lot. I never expect her to go out to parties or areas where there are crowds so Im thinking we will avoid Pirates night. We will go out on our balcony and see if we can see any fireworks.

Im told that our CL folks will book any tastings that we want once we get on the ship. I want to do the wine, martini, tequila, and Im not sure what else, but if they have any culinary demos Id like to do that too. Ive signed us up for the Fish Extender Exchange and our little group is building day by day. I have no idea what to get for kids under 10 so the next few months will be quite a challenge for me to figure it out! Oh yeah, and today I mailed off the passport renewals so hopefully we will have them in plenty of time for the cruise!

I hope youll join me on this little adventure!

ACDSNY
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Sending all the positive thoughts your way so you'll be on this cruise.pixiedust:

Pinkocto
08-28-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm here! First page for the first time ever!

bangzoom6877
08-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Here I am, on the first page! I love the portrait of you and Fran from your cruise in 2001!! You both look fantastic! :thumbsup2

Here's hoping that this cruise is very relaxing for the 3 of you, that you enjoy yourselves very much, that you have beautiful weather and that it is just magical. :beach: ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

PrincessInOz
08-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I made it over too. I'll definitely have to bring my Dramamine in here.

popcorn::

usnuzuloose
08-29-2012, 04:09 AM
I am in!

dolphingirl47
08-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Checking in. I can whole-heartedly recommend the Mojito tasting.

Corinna

dgbg100106
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I am here... Did I make the first page? :)

I did not know you cancelled this years F&W also, when did you do that?

jetskigrl
08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm here :cool1:

I can't wait to here how this trip goes for you!! We absolutely loved our MR cruise. My favorite part was sitting out on deck watching PoTC on the FunnelVision (after pirate night). It was the night in between the two Cabo visits, so we were just floating around just off shore. The water was calm and the temperature was perfect. :thumbsup2

mglvrgs75
08-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Alison. My wife and I will be on this cruise as well. My wife also has RA and suffered with a venous ulcer on her leg. She went into the hospital last year to get it treated and suffered a stroke. It turned our world upside down as it affected all movement on the right side of the body and her speech. Spent 2 months in the hospital including our wedding anniversary.

She's on her way towards recovery and improving everyday. Our 5 year wedding anniversary will be on the 24th right before we sail on this trip. We are also big Disney fans as we've been to WDW, Tokyo DisneySea, and we are annual Disneyland resort passholders. We even have a customized brick at DL.

I want to give my wife a memorable anniversary so I am extremely looking forward to this trip. We will aslo be participating in the FE exchange. I had booked a simple room but upgraded to a verandah room. Since it doesn't appear that there will be any more round trip cruises out of L.A. next year, I wanted to give us an excellent view.

nunzia
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Yea! New pre trip report! I hope all goes well and you get to take this trip..fingers crossed.

franandaj
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Sending all the positive thoughts your way so you'll be on this cruise.pixiedust:

Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm here! First page for the first time ever!

Good job! :thumbsup2

Here I am, on the first page! I love the portrait of you and Fran from your cruise in 2001!! You both look fantastic! :thumbsup2

Here's hoping that this cruise is very relaxing for the 3 of you, that you enjoy yourselves very much, that you have beautiful weather and that it is just magical. :beach: ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

:magnify: 3 of us? :confused3 I don't think we can take any of the cats. :lmao:

I made it over too. I'll definitely have to bring my Dramamine in here.

popcorn::

I'll try not to rock the boat too much!

I am in!

:yay:

Checking in. I can whole-heartedly recommend the Mojito tasting.

Corinna

Yours was one of the TRs that made me want to take this cruise. I wish I could find some gowns to rival the gorgeous ones that you have! I've never had a Mojito before, so perhaps I should try it!

I am here... Did I make the first page? :)

I did not know you cancelled this years F&W also, when did you do that?

I did that the same day I started this TR. I hadn't actually canceled the F&W trip until a day or two later, but we discussed the feasibility of going and enjoying it and decided that it would be better to enjoy next year's F&W. At least we can still go and this time we'll stay at AKV.

I'm here :cool1:

I can't wait to here how this trip goes for you!! We absolutely loved our MR cruise. My favorite part was sitting out on deck watching PoTC on the FunnelVision (after pirate night). It was the night in between the two Cabo visits, so we were just floating around just off shore. The water was calm and the temperature was perfect. :thumbsup2

I hope that it goes well, we can relax quite a bit since that's what cruises are all about. I have the Navigators from last year's cruise from the second week of December, so I'm hoping that they stick with a smiliar schedule for this year. I'm waiting for some TRs when the MR cruises start up again this year.

Hi Alison. My wife and I will be on this cruise as well. My wife also has RA and suffered with a venous ulcer on her leg. She went into the hospital last year to get it treated and suffered a stroke. It turned our world upside down as it affected all movement on the right side of the body and her speech. Spent 2 months in the hospital including our wedding anniversary.

She's on her way towards recovery and improving everyday. Our 5 year wedding anniversary will be on the 24th right before we sail on this trip. We are also big Disney fans as we've been to WDW, Tokyo DisneySea, and we are annual Disneyland resort passholders. We even have a customized brick at DL.

I want to give my wife a memorable anniversary so I am extremely looking forward to this trip. We will aslo be participating in the FE exchange. I had booked a simple room but upgraded to a verandah room. Since it doesn't appear that there will be any more round trip cruises out of L.A. next year, I wanted to give us an excellent view.

I'm so glad to hear that she is recovering and improving. That's a great way to celebrate your anniversary, I hope that you enjoy the trip as well. It sounds like we face a few similar issues, good luck with the stroke recovery. I've never been to Tokyo, but it is on our bucket list.

Yea! New pre trip report! I hope all goes well and you get to take this trip..fingers crossed.

Thanks! I see you are going on your first cruise soon! How fun! Which ship and where? Are you going to the Expo next summer? Not to be off topic, but we got in a Sorcerers for this one! :cool1:

nunzia
09-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you! :goodvibes

Good job! :thumbsup2

:magnify: 3 of us? :confused3 I don't think we can take any of the cats. :lmao:

I'll try not to rock the boat too much!

Yours was one of the TRs that made me want to take this cruise. I wish I could find some gowns to rival the gorgeous ones that you have! I've never had a Mojito before, so perhaps I should try it!

I did that the same day I started this TR. I hadn't actually canceled the F&W trip until a day or two later, but we discussed the feasibility of going and enjoying it and decided that it would be better to enjoy next year's F&W. At least we can still go and this time we'll stay at AKV.

I hope that it goes well, we can relax quite a bit since that's what cruises are all about. I have the Navigators from last year's cruise from the second week of December, so I'm hoping that they stick with a smiliar schedule for this year. I'm waiting for some TRs when the MR cruises start up again this year.

I'm so glad to hear that she is recovering and improving. That's a great way to celebrate your anniversary, I hope that you enjoy the trip as well. It sounds like we face a few similar issues, good luck with the stroke recovery. I've never been to Tokyo, but it is on our bucket list.

Thanks! I see you are going on your first cruise soon! How fun! Which ship and where? Are you going to the Expo next summer? Not to be off topic, but we got in a Sorcerers for this one! :cool1:

We will be on the Wonder, the first Pixar cruise, and it was just announced John Lasseter will be on it.. OH YEA! We will also do the Lasseter Winery tour, the WD Museum, Alctraz and Sea World. Very excited :) Yes, going to the Expo and managed to sneak in and get Sorcerer tickets again. Congratulations on getting them! You were Premier last year, right? I am looking at my Destination D Orange group photo and there you are :)

Hawleys
09-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Subbing. :)

I absolutely adore the picture of you and Fran from your last cruise.

franandaj
09-02-2012, 12:37 PM
We will be on the Wonder, the first Pixar cruise, and it was just announced John Lasseter will be on it.. OH YEA! We will also do the Lasseter Winery tour, the WD Museum, Alctraz and Sea World. Very excited :) Yes, going to the Expo and managed to sneak in and get Sorcerer tickets again. Congratulations on getting them! You were Premier last year, right? I am looking at my Destination D Orange group photo and there you are :)

That's the repositioning to LA cruise right? I think that's the one that jetskigrl is taking too. Jphn Lasseter seems like a really nice guys from what I've seen of him. Those tours should be fun!

So which one are you in the Orange group picture? I didn't even realize that you were going (although I should have known you would be there). It was a great weekend. I'm just barely into the afternoon session of Saturday on my TR.

Subbing. :)

I absolutely adore the picture of you and Fran from your last cruise.

Thanks! I love the glasses she's wearing, so dated!

dolphingirl47
09-02-2012, 01:41 PM
That's the repositioning to LA cruise right? I think that's the one that jetskigrl is taking too. Jphn Lasseter seems like a really nice guys from what I've seen of him. Those tours should be fun!

No, they are different cruises. The repo goes from Vacouver to Los Angeles and only calls at San Francisco. Then there are 4 Pixar cruises. They are roundtrip from Los Angeles and call at San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada.

Corinna

bangzoom6877
09-02-2012, 02:39 PM
HAHAHA, I really need to work on my editing! :lmao: I didn't mean to type "the 3 of you"...I meant to type "the 2 of you"!!! :rotfl:

I didn't think you were bringing any of the cats...and how would you be able to choose anyway? They're all so darn cute! :cutie:

nunzia
09-03-2012, 09:12 AM

So which one are you in the Orange group picture? I didn't even realize that you were going (although I should have known you would be there). It was a great weekend. I'm just barely into the afternoon session of Saturday on my TR.

Thanks! I love the glasses she's wearing, so dated!

No..the repo cruise is the MiceAge one..from Vancouver to LA. Ours starts and ends in LA..2 days in San Francisco, one day in San Diego and one in Ensanada. The repo cruise isn't part of the Pixar group, but they are doing the Lasseter and Silverado wineries and the museum..I met a gal at Destination D that was doing that one and it sounded fun too. I hate to fly so getting to Vancouver would be tough for me.
In the Destination D Animation tour photo I am third row third one in..awful glasses, but hey, better to see than not, right :)

rentayenta
09-04-2012, 04:17 AM
:wave:

jetskigrl
09-05-2012, 02:42 PM
That's the repositioning to LA cruise right? I think that's the one that jetskigrl is taking too. Jphn Lasseter seems like a really nice guys from what I've seen of him. Those tours should be fun!!

Yep, we are doing the LA to LA Pixar Cruise on the 23rd. I'm so bummed that we missed John Lasseter by a week. I would really have liked to have seen him speak.

Oh well, I'm sure we will enjoy the speakers they have lined up for our cruise too. :thumbsup2

podsnel
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I am SOOOO excited you chose such a nice cabin! You both deserve to be spoiled silly! :hug: :banana::banana: Live it up!!!:thumbsup2

kkbeaton2
09-07-2012, 01:41 AM

I'm doing that same Pixar cruise, AND doing the Lasseter Winery tour as well! So excited! :thumbsup2

franandaj
09-12-2012, 02:17 AM
No, they are different cruises. The repo goes from Vacouver to Los Angeles and only calls at San Francisco. Then there are 4 Pixar cruises. They are roundtrip from Los Angeles and call at San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada.

Corinna

Hmmmm....I was so focused on doing the Mexican Riviera I never paid attention to the other cruises, however, I also thought that I was going to F&W in October. I still am, just 2013. :rolleyes1

HAHAHA, I really need to work on my editing! :lmao: I didn't mean to type "the 3 of you"...I meant to type "the 2 of you"!!! :rotfl:

I didn't think you were bringing any of the cats...and how would you be able to choose anyway? They're all so darn cute! :cutie:

I was wondering! Actually if I had to pick it would be one of the better adjusted ones, some are very skittish. Our disabled cat Sunny loves to travel, but she has expereienced problems with her potty issues that we can't travel with her any more. She would have been ideal, but not now. :sad2:

No..the repo cruise is the MiceAge one..from Vancouver to LA. Ours starts and ends in LA..2 days in San Francisco, one day in San Diego and one in Ensanada. The repo cruise isn't part of the Pixar group, but they are doing the Lasseter and Silverado wineries and the museum..I met a gal at Destination D that was doing that one and it sounded fun too. I hate to fly so getting to Vancouver would be tough for me.
In the Destination D Animation tour photo I am third row third one in..awful glasses, but hey, better to see than not, right :)

That should be a fun cruise. I think I know which one you are, but third row in from right or left?
:wave:

Yep, we are doing the LA to LA Pixar Cruise on the 23rd. I'm so bummed that we missed John Lasseter by a week. I would really have liked to have seen him speak.

Oh well, I'm sure we will enjoy the speakers they have lined up for our cruise too. :thumbsup2

I didn't realize that they HAD Pixar Cruises. I bet they are really cool like the Destination D type cruises. I just looked at the itinerary and thought why would I want to go to SF, especially for two days? I can do that anytime by visiting my parents. I'll have to look at the details as we want to get to Gold or Platinum so that we can book on the Dream or Fantasy at Remy. I'm not sure I will like the bigger ships, but I do want to try them.

I am SOOOO excited you chose such a nice cabin! You both deserve to be spoiled silly! :hug: :banana::banana: Live it up!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! You snuck in here! I've been so busy with our closing down our online store, I have missed a lot of DIS posts! So glad to see you over here. I can't wait to hear more about your trip because Aulani is in our future too (I hope!)

I am really looking forward to having an awesome room. I think it will make a lot of things easier and save us some headaches. Especially if we can get room service instead of having to go to the dining rooms on certain nights. If she is really pain that day it will be a big plus. I hope that by that time though she has had couple of the arthritis infusions and is feeling a lot better!

I'm doing that same Pixar cruise, AND doing the Lasseter Winery tour as well! So excited! :thumbsup2

I hope you're doing a TR and if so, take LOTS of pictures of the ship! I can't wait to get on it and have been dying for pictures of the ship!

Hopefully I will have some updates on our trip for you folks, I did call CS today and got some questions answered, but we have been so busy with other stuff I don't have time to write my TRs. :headache: The nerve of life to get in the way of my DISing!

nunzia
09-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Yes..third in from left.
Well, these cruises didn't start out as Pixar cruises..it seems they weren't selling well so they plussed them..and so glad they did! Then they offered a 25% discount for DLR APers so got a really nice refund. I'm very excited but since I've never cruised before am nervous about being seasick.

jetskigrl
09-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I didn't realize that they HAD Pixar Cruises. I bet they are really cool like the Destination D type cruises. I just looked at the itinerary and thought why would I want to go to SF, especially for two days? I can do that anytime by visiting my parents. I'll have to look at the details as we want to get to Gold or Platinum so that we can book on the Dream or Fantasy at Remy. I'm not sure I will like the bigger ships, but I do want to try them.

I admit, it wasn't my first choice of destinations, but once we heard the Wonder would be leaving LA, we decided to book it anyway. Since we had already done the MR in April, this was at least new to us. But now that we have it booked, I'm very excited about it. It is just me and DH going so I'm glad to be close to home in case of an emergency with the kids. My sister lives in San Jose so we are in No. Cal. a lot, but rarely make it to SF. The last time I was there was 9/10/01 (so our trip ended up being shorted due to the events of the next day).

We will spend one full day with my sister and her DH just hanging out and then the other day we will spend at the Walt Disney Family Museum (which we have never seen and probably wouldn't do if the kids were with us).

Our San Diego day we are going to buy day passes for the transit system and just go where ever we find our selves going :lmao:

We will most likely stay on the ship in Ensenada and hopefully it will be a nice pool day :thumbsup2

I do think you will enjoy the bigger ships too!! We sailed on the Dream last year and have the Fantasy booked for next year. We have things that we really like about both sized ships :cool1:

dolphingirl47
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I admit, it wasn't my first choice of destinations, but once we heard the Wonder would be leaving LA, we decided to book it anyway. Since we had already done the MR in April, this was at least new to us. But now that we have it booked, I'm very excited about it. It is just me and DH going so I'm glad to be close to home in case of an emergency with the kids. My sister lives in San Jose so we are in No. Cal. a lot, but rarely make it to SF. The last time I was there was 9/10/01 (so our trip ended up being shorted due to the events of the next day).

We will spend one full day with my sister and her DH just hanging out and then the other day we will spend at the Walt Disney Family Museum (which we have never seen and probably wouldn't do if the kids were with us).

Our San Diego day we are going to buy day passes for the transit system and just go where ever we find our selves going :lmao:

We will most likely stay on the ship in Ensenada and hopefully it will be a nice pool day :thumbsup2

I do think you will enjoy the bigger ships too!! We sailed on the Dream last year and have the Fantasy booked for next year. We have things that we really like about both sized ships :cool1:

I have to say I am really looking forward to two days in San Francisco on our Repo Cruise next year. We have never been to San Francisco before. I can't wait to see the Disney Family Museum and visit Ghirardelli Square.

I wish I had another chance to go to Ensenada. I did the Adult Only Wine Country Tour and had a ball. I have recently added the installment about Ensenada to my Taking Stitch to Hawaii trip report. It should be on the last page if you are interested.

Corinna

Leshaface
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
YES! So happy you have a PTR started for this! Now lets hope you'll be able to make this happen! :cool1:

Angel16
09-13-2012, 02:49 AM
I am joining in :wave2: I am so happy to hear you have reserved concierge level for this cruise. You certainly deserve to be pampered and well taken care of Alison. You are always taking care of others around you.

I have to admit I am excited to read your PTR and then your TR. Hope to do a Disney cruise next year.

Ann

franandaj
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes..third in from left.
Well, these cruises didn't start out as Pixar cruises..it seems they weren't selling well so they plussed them..and so glad they did! Then they offered a 25% discount for DLR APers so got a really nice refund. I'm very excited but since I've never cruised before am nervous about being seasick.

Just take plenty of Dramamine and you'll be fine. The waters off of California are fairly calm. Unless there is huge storm in the Pacific everything should be fine.

Wow! Your trip is so close now! My parents live in Saratoga, but they are going to sell their house and downsize, they're looking in the Willow Glen area. The Disney Family Museum is really fascinating, we enjoyed it when we went there a couple years ago. I love to have lunch in Old Town San Diego. There are some great Mexican restaurants in there.

When I was a kid growing up (well I have my DL) I used to go up into SF all the time. I knew the the pier/waterfront area and the Haight Ashbury District really well. :rolleyes1 I suppose it could have been worse, at least I wasn't hanging out in the Tenderloin! Have fun on your trip. I'll be thinking of you as I am in swing band rehearsal.

I have to say I am really looking forward to two days in San Francisco on our Repo Cruise next year. We have never been to San Francisco before. I can't wait to see the Disney Family Museum and visit Ghirardelli Square.

I wish I had another chance to go to Ensenada. I did the Adult Only Wine Country Tour and had a ball. I have recently added the installment about Ensenada to my Taking Stitch to Hawaii trip report. It should be on the last page if you are interested.

Corinna

You'll have fun in San Francisco. I used to always eat a Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory when I would go up there. Awesome Ice Cream Sundaes! I saw your update on the Wine Country Tour, we visited that same winery when we took a weekend Carnival Cruise back in 1997 or so. I couldn't believe how much it still looked the same! As I said before the Disney Family Museum is really great. Is Graham going to go with you or will that be a day of separate excursions? I really think if he went along, it might help him "understand" what is so neat about the whole Disney legacy. The museum itself is really well done and very moving.

YES! So happy you have a PTR started for this! Now lets hope you'll be able to make this happen! :cool1:

Glad you finally made it over here! I hope I'll have some fun reading for you when you are home on maternity leave. Since there are no planes involved and we can't get our money back, I'm really hoping that this trip happens. Still no arthritis drugs, we're waiting on some test at this point, so we'll have to see.

I am joining in :wave2: I am so happy to hear you have reserved concierge level for this cruise. You certainly deserve to be pampered and well taken care of Alison. You are always taking care of others around you.

I have to admit I am excited to read your PTR and then your TR. Hope to do a Disney cruise next year.

Ann

Welcome Ann! Glad to have you. I hope you have a marvelous time on your trip and you report back to tell us about the surprise that your DH had in store for you!

franandaj
09-19-2012, 02:03 PM
So I've made a few decisions regarding this cruise, now I just have to call up the concierge services and take care of them!

First off, I'm not going to get a weeklong pass for the Rainforest Room. I deicded that I'm highly unlikely to use it EVERY day I'm on board the ship. I also decided that I'm going to book my spa treatment for the first day that we are in Cabo. Since we won't be going ashore AND the second Cabo day we have a dinner reservation at Palo, it made more sense to be comatose on the non Palo dinner night.

I can get into the Rainforest room on that day (Wednesday) because I have a spa treatment. I can reserve individual days in the RR through concierge, but not the week long package. It's $16 per day or $99 for the whole week, so the only savings is if I use it for all 7 days. I figure I'll do 3-4 days to reserve it including my spa day and that should be plenty.

I was also talking to Fran about how they keep the freezer stocked with Mickey Bars in Concierge and she said, "We can't afford that!" I had to tell her that we had already booked AND paid for it! :rotfl: She started to feel better when I told her that we also got sodas stocked in the fridge. This time when I told her we got 100 free minutes of internet, she said, "but can you purchase more? That's not going to be enough!"

As much as I will enjoy checking in occasionally and saying "hi", I think I have better things to do on the cruise then play on the DIS! :confused3

So that's it for now. I need to start thinking about my wardrobe. I think I missed the window to get a custom made gown like Corinna's, but maybe I need to make a trip to Catherine's while they have their holiday finery and NYE clothes on the rack!

PrincessInOz
09-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Sounds like your time on board is all planned out. Enjoy....and stay off the internet (when you're on board)!

dolphingirl47
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
You'll have fun in San Francisco. I used to always eat a Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory when I would go up there. Awesome Ice Cream Sundaes! I saw your update on the Wine Country Tour, we visited that same winery when we took a weekend Carnival Cruise back in 1997 or so. I couldn't believe how much it still looked the same! As I said before the Disney Family Museum is really great. Is Graham going to go with you or will that be a day of separate excursions? I really think if he went along, it might help him "understand" what is so neat about the whole Disney legacy. The museum itself is really well done and very moving

The jury is still out on this. I think on the one had, he is quite interested in the Disney Family Museum. On the other hand, cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge is on his bucket list. As we both want to do a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour

So I've made a few decisions regarding this cruise, now I just have to call up the concierge services and take care of them!

First off, I'm not going to get a weeklong pass for the Rainforest Room. I deicded that I'm highly unlikely to use it EVERY day I'm on board the ship. I also decided that I'm going to book my spa treatment for the first day that we are in Cabo. Since we won't be going ashore AND the second Cabo day we have a dinner reservation at Palo, it made more sense to be comatose on the non Palo dinner night.

I can get into the Rainforest room on that day (Wednesday) because I have a spa treatment. I can reserve individual days in the RR through concierge, but not the week long package. It's $16 per day or $99 for the whole week, so the only savings is if I use it for all 7 days. I figure I'll do 3-4 days to reserve it including my spa day and that should be plenty.

I was also talking to Fran about how they keep the freezer stocked with Mickey Bars in Concierge and she said, "We can't afford that!" I had to tell her that we had already booked AND paid for it! :rotfl: She started to feel better when I told her that we also got sodas stocked in the fridge. This time when I told her we got 100 free minutes of internet, she said, "but can you purchase more? That's not going to be enough!" What? Does she think we are going to sit around online while on the cruise? :confused3

As much as I will enjoy checking in occasionally and saying "hi", I think I have better things to do on the cruise then play on the DIS! :confused3

So that's it for now. I need to start thinking about my wardrobe. I think I missed the window to get a custom made gown like Corinna's, but maybe I need to make a trip to Catherine's while they have their holiday finery and NYE clothes on the rack!

Your plans sound great. There is just one slight hitch. I know that it used to be the case that you could use the Rainforest Room if you had a spa treatment that day. This is no longer the case.

Corinna

jetskigrl
09-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow! Your trip is so close now! My parents live in Saratoga, but they are going to sell their house and downsize, they're looking in the Willow Glen area. The Disney Family Museum is really fascinating, we enjoyed it when we went there a couple years ago. I love to have lunch in Old Town San Diego. There are some great Mexican restaurants in there.

When I was a kid growing up (well I have my DL) I used to go up into SF all the time. I knew the the pier/waterfront area and the Haight Ashbury District really well. :rolleyes1 I suppose it could have been worse, at least I wasn't hanging out in the Tenderloin! Have fun on your trip. I'll be thinking of you as I am in swing band rehearsal.

I know...I can't believe it is almost here :cool1: :cool1:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the museum. I'm looking forward to taking our time looking around without the kids getting bored and asking it is it time to go yet ;) Actually, they are both Disney fanatics like me so they would probably enjoy it, I'm just not sure they would want to take the time to read everything like we will.

dgbg100106
09-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Sounds like your time on board is all planned out. Enjoy....and stay off the internet (when you're on board)!

I agree....

Leshaface
09-20-2012, 05:05 PM

I was also talking to Fran about how they keep the freezer stocked with Mickey Bars in Concierge and she said, "We can't afford that!" I had to tell her that we had already booked AND paid for it! :rotfl: She started to feel better when I told her that we also got sodas stocked in the fridge. This time when I told her we got 100 free minutes of internet, she said, "but can you purchase more? That's not going to be enough!" What? Does she think we are going to sit around online while on the cruise? :confused3

Oh gosh, I have a feeling you're going to enjoy the Rainforest room so much that you'll regret not getting it for the entire week, since I KNOW you love your relaxation time. ETA: didn't see your second paragraph - I think you'll definitely use it at least for 3 days and i'm glad you're able to reserve it through Concierge.

:rotfl2: I hope you're not on the internet the entire time too! There is too many fun things to do on board!

Have you got on the DIS meet up thread for that cruise yet? Or are you planning too??

franandaj
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM

:rotfl2: I have lots more to plan and a lot of it I can't do until I arrive on the ship. However, just wait, would you believe that I already have DTD itineraries "penciled in" based on the Navigators Alicia sent me and that I saw for other MR cruises last fall?

And I won't be spending all my time on the internet, but with 100 complimentary minutes I will at least have to check in on the DIS! Probably no FB and definitely NOT looking at my email!

The jury is still out on this. I think on the one had, he is quite interested in the Disney Family Museum. On the other hand, cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge is on his bucket list. As we both want to do a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour

Your plans sound great. There is just one slight hitch. I know that it used to be the case that you could use the Rainforest Room if you had a spa treatment that day. This is no longer the case.

Corinna

All of those sound like great tours. Difficult decision to make.

That's too bad about the Rainforest Room, but I'm glad I know in advance so that I can plan accordingly.

I know...I can't believe it is almost here :cool1: :cool1:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the museum. I'm looking forward to taking our time looking around without the kids getting bored and asking it is it time to go yet ;) Actually, they are both Disney fanatics like me so they would probably enjoy it, I'm just not sure they would want to take the time to read everything like we will.

We went with my parents and they wound up sitting down in the long room at the end with benches (I think they did that on purpose) because Fran and I took so long to read all the signs on the exhibits. BTW, I was in tears bawling by the end of the museum because it ends with (and I don't think I"m spoiling anything.) a tribute to the man and everything he did. It's incredibly touching.

I agree....

I still have to get my schedule set, Martini tastings, wine tastings, Mojito tastings, Tequila tastings. I will be a busy girl! :rotfl:

Oh gosh, I have a feeling you're going to enjoy the Rainforest room so much that you'll regret not getting it for the entire week, since I KNOW you love your relaxation time. ETA: didn't see your second paragraph - I think you'll definitely use it at least for 3 days and i'm glad you're able to reserve it through Concierge.

:rotfl2: I hope you're not on the internet the entire time too! There is too many fun things to do on board!

Have you got on the DIS meet up thread for that cruise yet? Or are you planning too??

I'm definitely going to get it on the day of my massage since it doesn't "come with it" anymore. I know I spent sometime in there on our first Wonder cruise. I think I'll want it the first day of the cruise too, as I look over my itinerary, the massage will be on the Friday. That way I can come home relaxed and that's the "non Palo Cabo day".

So Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (all days at Sea) and Friday for Rainforest room. I think Wednesday and Thursday even though we won't spend much time in port, I'd rather have those days free, I can always try to add it. I do like my relaxing time, but I can't do it for very long. I find that I get ancy. Every time I've gone down to the pool at the VGC, I get in the hot tub, get in the pool, sit on a lounger, and that's about it. I'm done and ready to go DO something! :rotfl2:

I am on the DIS thread for my cruise. I purposely DID NOT start it because it's been so long since we cruised, but someone started it with their first post on the DIS and hasn't been back since! :rotfl: However, plenty of us are chiming in. All of them are new to the DIS and cruising, it's sort of funny. You reminded me that I need to set up a meet at like 3PM, I think Corinna said they did it at the Cove Bar on her cruises. She clued me into the cruise thread.

I also did not volunteer to head up the FEE, however, anyone who gave an inkling that they might be willing to do it, I egged them on! In fact, I'm working on getting my Fish Extender. You all know that there's no way I'm going to sew it and since Arline passed I don't have an "in" with someone who sews. So I turned to eBay. A couple months ago there were tons of them up there, some really cute ones including a "Cars" themed one, but I didn't bite. :sad2:

However, I'm working with a seller who has a two pocket one on eBay. She has a "pocket material" with Lightning McQueen in all different poses, and I asked her if I bought a Mader applique on eBay and sent it to her if she would use that instead of the Mickey that she uses on most of her patterns. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, but I think that's what I'm going to go with for our FE. It will be good for future cruises too since it's not MR or holiday specific.

Now I just need to figure out what to do for my gifts. :scratchin I'm not creative and crafty where I can make stuff. Too bad everyone doesn't want sheet music! We've got tons of THAT! We have these little pocket knives that we bought as a giveaway for the music store, Darcy suggested that I give those to the FE folks, but I don't think that the security check would be happy to find a couple dozen swiss army like pocket knives in my luggage! :lmao:

Back to the drawing board! :joker:

ACDSNY
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
You'll be surprised how fast those internet minutes will be used up, it's pretty slow. I've bought two fish extenders from Bonny Sews and they're really good quality.

franandaj
09-21-2012, 01:48 AM
You'll be surprised how fast those internet minutes will be used up, it's pretty slow. I've bought two fish extenders from Bonny Sews and they're really good quality.

Oh believe me, I know! We took our first cruise when our internet business was just begining, our first internet "check in" was close to the end of our cruise, and we found out that NOTHING had been done on our store for days. Our one employee at the time told us he couldn't log in to process orders, but we had no problem, from the ship!!!!!!

ANYways, we're pretty cautious who takes over and especially since the things a limited. I will probably just check in on my threads to say "HI" and not read up. Fran will probably use some with her surfuing and stuff. We will use it up somehow, but if nothing else I will be reading up and saying Hi omn the thread I am subscribed to!

eandesmom
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I am on the DIS thread for my cruise. I purposely DID NOT start it because it's been so long since we cruised, but someone started it with their first post on the DIS and hasn't been back since! :rotfl: However, plenty of us are chiming in. All of them are new to the DIS and cruising, it's sort of funny. You reminded me that I need to set up a meet at like 3PM, I think Corinna said they did it at the Cove Bar on her cruises. She clued me into the cruise thread.

I also did not volunteer to head up the FEE, however, anyone who gave an inkling that they might be willing to do it, I egged them on! In fact, I'm working on getting my Fish Extender. You all know that there's no way I'm going to sew it and since Arline passed I don't have an "in" with someone who sews. So I turned to eBay. A couple months ago there were tons of them up there, some really cute ones including a "Cars" themed one, but I didn't bite. :sad2:

However, I'm working with a seller who has a two pocket one on eBay. She has a "pocket material" with Lightning McQueen in all different poses, and I asked her if I bought a Mader applique on eBay and sent it to her if she would use that instead of the Mickey that she uses on most of her patterns. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, but I think that's what I'm going to go with for our FE. It will be good for future cruises too since it's not MR or holiday specific.

We had our meet at the promenade lounge when we were on the Wonder, it was a big meet so worked better than Cove.

I used Stitches and Bows for both of my FE's and both were custom. She charges more and it takes a little longer but it was so worth it! She's on Etsy and FB. I know figures are harder for them to fit in general, than the "outlines". I'd found a few designs I liked that weren't current patterns she owned but she was willing to buy them for me. There are a number of good sellers on Etsy, you might want to peek there in addition to Ebay if you haven't already.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/eandesmom/DIS/ptr/9c4f8151.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/eandesmom/DIS/ptr/f7dbbb74.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/eandesmom/Travel/2011%20Alaska%20Cruise/P8143249.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/eandesmom/Travel/2011%20Alaska%20Cruise/P8143250.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/eandesmom/Travel/2011%20Alaska%20Cruise/P8143251.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what to do for my gifts. :scratchin I'm not creative and crafty where I can make stuff. Too bad everyone doesn't want sheet music! We've got tons of THAT! We have these little pocket knives that we bought as a giveaway for the music store, Darcy suggested that I give those to the FE folks, but I don't think that the security check would be happy to find a couple dozen swiss army like pocket knives in my luggage! :lmao:

Back to the drawing board! :joker:

I know it's not terribly original but have you thought of making a CD? We've received them on both our cruises and just loved them!

dolphingirl47
09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I still have to get my germ killer schedule set, Martini tastings, wine tastings, Mojito tastings, Tequila tastings. I will be a busy girl! :rotfl:

That sounds great. I have not given any thought yet to what tastings I want to do. I can't wait for the first Galveston cruise to get back so that I can see the Navigators and start figuring out what to plan for.

Actually, we have always done the embarkation meet at the Promenade Lounge. That way any kids could attend if they wanted. If you have a purely adult group then Outlook Cafe would work on the Wonder. I am so going to miss this on the Magic. Still, I have my own personal "Outlook" this time. We just got our room assignment and I am bursting with excitement.

That sounds great. I am doing something really silly this time round. Graham has banned me from Fish Extender exchanges for future cruises as we had to check an extra bag with all the Fish Extender gifts. The person that I have got my Fish Extenders from now does "Door Spotters" that are magnetic. I asked her if rather than making a magnetic version, she could do one to hang from the Fish and she said she would. I just can't imagine not having anything hanging from my fish.

Corinna

franandaj
09-30-2012, 12:56 AM
We had our meet at the promenade lounge when we were on the Wonder, it was a big meet so worked better than Cove.

I used Stitches and Bows for both of my FE's and both were custom. She charges more and it takes a little longer but it was so worth it! She's on Etsy and FB. I know figures are harder for them to fit in general, than the "outlines". I'd found a few designs I liked that weren't current patterns she owned but she was willing to buy them for me. There are a number of good sellers on Etsy, you might want to peek there in addition to Ebay if you haven't already.

I know it's not terribly original but have you thought of making a CD? We've received them on both our cruises and just loved them!

Thanks for the suggestion. I was really good with the seller on eBay until she got back to me and suggested that I buy the thing from her and "iron on" my own Mader. I'm looking for a seller who will make me something that I, Alison don't have to make anything. I've never ironed anything on, much less hardly used an iron! :scared1:

I will check out Etsy, thought I'm not sure what it is, but will google it.

When you say have I thought of making a CD, making a CD of what? And I had not thought of that becuase if someone gave me a CD of something I wouldn't use it, so I'm not sure what to make on a CD. I was actually thinking of things like antibacterial hand stuff in little squirt jars, toothpaste and stuff I could find at the Disney outlets. Maybe something I could find in So Cal, but a lot of people on our cruise are locals, so I'm at a loss! :headache:

That sounds great. I have not given any thought yet to what tastings I want to do. I can't wait for the first Galveston cruise to get back so that I can see the Navigators and start figuring out what to plan for.

Actually, we have always done the embarkation meet at the Promenade Lounge. That way any kids could attend if they wanted. If you have a purely adult group then Outlook Cafe would work on the Wonder. I am so going to miss this on the Magic. Still, I have my own personal "Outlook" this time. We just got our room assignment and I am bursting with excitement.

That sounds great. I am doing something really silly this time round. Graham has banned me from Fish Extender exchanges for future cruises as we had to check an extra bag with all the Fish Extender gifts. The person that I have got my Fish Extenders from now does "Door Spotters" that are magnetic. I asked her if rather than making a magnetic version, she could do one to hang from the Fish and she said she would. I just can't imagine not having anything hanging from my fish.

Corinna

I figure I want to do any tastings that are available! I'll have to remember the Promenade Lounge, I don't know what my block against that was! I'll have to get some creativity going for the FEE. I wish people wanted music related stuff, we're closing our store and have all kinds of stuff music related to get rid of!

We have these pocket knives engraved with our store names, my cleaning lady suggested I give those out as FEE gifts, can you just imagine? Me boarding with like 20 pocket knives in my luggage???? So back to the drawing board.... :artist:

eandesmom
09-30-2012, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I was really good with the seller on eBay until she got back to me and suggested that I buy the thing from her and "iron on" my own Mader. I'm looking for a seller who will make me something that I, Alison don't have to make anything. I've never ironed anything on, much less hardly used an iron! :scared1:

When you say have I thought of making a CD, making a CD of what? And I had not thought of that becuase if someone gave me a CD of something I wouldn't use it, so I'm not sure what to make on a CD. I was actually thinking of things like antibacterial hand stuff in little squirt jars, toothpaste and stuff I could find at the Disney outlets. Maybe something I could find in So Cal, but a lot of people on our cruise are locals, so I'm at a loss! :headache:

I meant a music CD, we've gotten them on both our cruises and loved them. Seemed to fit you guys. One was a mix of very "Alaska" music and Disney stuff, the others also a mix but more themed to the cruise (Bahamas) and ages., they did a few versions, adult, girl, boy, that were surprisingly great mixes. A little bit of Disney but not "too" much.

Just google etsy, it's a homemade craft sellers website. One there just search fish extenders.

Iron on? No, I think not!

Pinkocto
09-30-2012, 10:53 AM
I got my FE from a lady on Etsy, it was so well done. Seller's name was StitchesAplenty. She didn't have the characters I wanted listed, so I sent her a message and she was happy to accomodate me.

Lots of other FE sellers on there. No need to iron on anything :)

franandaj
09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I meant a music CD, we've gotten them on both our cruises and loved them. Seemed to fit you guys. One was a mix of very "Alaska" music and Disney stuff, the others also a mix but more themed to the cruise (Bahamas) and ages., they did a few versions, adult, girl, boy, that were surprisingly great mixes. A little bit of Disney but not "too" much.

Just google etsy, it's a homemade craft sellers website. One there just search fish extenders.

Iron on? No, I think not!

You know what's really funny? With all the music that we play, we rarely listen to music on CD. We used to, but I'm not sure why we don't anymore. On our road trips we listen to books on CD and often times in the car we just listen to news and traffic. I've heard of people giving CDs of music before, I just couldn't think of what to give someone, when I do listen to music, my tastes are so eclectic!

I'll definitely check out etsy! Thanks for the tip!

franandaj
09-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I got my FE from a lady on Etsy, it was so well done. Seller's name was StitchesAplenty. She didn't have the characters I wanted listed, so I sent her a message and she was happy to accomodate me.

Lots of other FE sellers on there. No need to iron on anything :)

Cool! Thanks! The reason I want to buy one is because I want it ready made for me, not half done!

dolphingirl47
09-30-2012, 04:43 PM

I figure I want to do any tastings that are available! I'll have to remember the Promenade Lounge, I don't know what my block against that was! I'll have to get some creativity going for the FEE. I wish people wanted music related stuff, we're closing our store and have all kinds of stuff music related to get rid of!

We have these pocket knives engraved with our store names, my cleaning lady suggested I give those out as FEE gifts, can you just imagine? Me boarding with like 20 pocket knives in my luggage???? So back to the drawing board.... :artist:

As far as Fish Extenders are concerned, I have been dealing with Gradysmommy for years and she is an absolute charm to deal with. She is a fellow DISer. She used to sell on Ebay, but has now moved across to Etsy.

I don't think they would let you bring knives on board.

Corinna

franandaj
10-09-2012, 06:17 PM
As far as Fish Extenders are concerned, I have been dealing with Gradysmommy for years and she is an absolute charm to deal with. She is a fellow DISer. She used to sell on Ebay, but has now moved across to Etsy.

I don't think they would let you bring knives on board.

Corinna

Thanks for all the Etsy suggestions! I finally got it together and ordered my FE. I'll post pictures when it arrives next week. I went with iluvdisney. She was very responsive and helpful throughout my process. I just ordered it an hour or so ago! Yay!

ACDSNY
10-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I finally got it together and ordered my FE. I'll post pictures when it arrives next week. I went with iluvdisney. She was very responsive and helpful throughout my process. I just ordered it an hour or so ago! Yay!

Can't wait to see it!:thumbsup2

dolphingirl47
10-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks for all the Etsy suggestions! I finally got it together and ordered my FE. I'll post pictures when it arrives next week. I went with iluvdisney. She was very responsive and helpful throughout my process. I just ordered it an hour or so ago! Yay!

I am glad that you managed to get your Fish Extender sorted out. I can't wait to see the finished result.

Corinna

dgbg100106
10-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Very cool!

jetskigrl
10-10-2012, 10:56 AM
We went with my parents and they wound up sitting down in the long room at the end with benches (I think they did that on purpose) because Fran and I took so long to read all the signs on the exhibits. BTW, I was in tears bawling by the end of the museum because it ends with (and I don't think I"m spoiling anything.) a tribute to the man and everything he did. It's incredibly touching.

I really enjoyed the Museum. We spent close to 4 hours between the museum and the gift shop :rotfl2: Yes, add me to the list of people that couldn't get out of that last section without tears. But what an incredible display...the whole thing!!!

Oh, I can't wait to see it. My favorite FE is one that I had made for our Dream cruise but it has my Mom's name on it (since she was with us instead of DH). Our other one is just a plain 4-pocket one. If we decided to join the FE for the Fantasy cruise (still in question), I will need to have another one made since we will be a group of 5 on that trip (DD's BFF is joining us).

franandaj
10-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Can't wait to see it!:thumbsup2

I am glad that you managed to get your Fish Extender sorted out. I can't wait to see the finished result.

Corinna

Very cool!

Oh, I can't wait to see it. My favorite FE is one that I had made for our Dream cruise but it has my Mom's name on it (since she was with us instead of DH). Our other one is just a plain 4-pocket one. If we decided to join the FE for the Fantasy cruise (still in question), I will need to have another one made since we will be a group of 5 on that trip (DD's BFF is joining us).

I got it yesterday as we were running out the door so I had to wait until today to post. Here it is!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN8492.jpg

dgbg100106
10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Oh I like that!

ACDSNY
10-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Very cute! Are you starting to get excited yet?

PrincessInOz
10-19-2012, 05:49 AM
That's absolutely gorgeous. Glad you got your FE sorted out.

Pinkocto
10-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Very cute!

dolphingirl47
10-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I love this Fish Extender :thumbsup2

Corinna

franandaj
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh I like that!

Very cute! Are you starting to get excited yet?

That's absolutely gorgeous. Glad you got your FE sorted out.

Very cute!

I love this Fish Extender :thumbsup2

Corinna

Thanks Everyone! I'm really happy about how it came out. I was leaning towards something really busy looking (pattern of material behind the inron ons) and Fran pointed out that it was better to be simple for the background so that the characters stood out. I'm glad I took her suggestion. If I went with a patterned pocket, you would have a hard time reading our names on it. We went with the classic Mickey colors as the boats use the same colors as well.

So I have this question. About how much do people seem to spend on average for the gifts? I don't want to be cheap, but I don't want to break the bank. It appears that we have 57 folks in our FEE. I asked on the thread and $2 per gift makes it around $100, $4 ups it to $200 and so on. So far no answers, but some people have already said they are done. I wish I could make something, but I don't have that kind of time or creativity.

Although :scratchin Maybe I could make some sort of mini recipe book for the DWs and DDs :teacher: I'll have to look into that. I have TONS of recipes and perhaps I can Disneyfy them just enough and make them fun. :scratchin Now that my HoB Gig is over I'm hoping I will have more time (even though our Disney gig is rapidly approaching and we didn't even expect that one this year, so it's kind of like a bonus!)

Anyways, I'll have to wrap my head around this new idea and see what I can do in the next two weeks otherwise it will be purchased gifts.

ACDSNY
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I've usually made up bags that are generic with stuff for adults and kids so it doesn't matter who gets them when we pass them out.

franandaj
10-21-2012, 09:46 PM
I've usually made up bags that are generic with stuff for adults and kids so it doesn't matter who gets them when we pass them out.

so how do you distribute that? I each lid has a pocket with their name on it, they're going to want what was in "they're" pocket. I've seen Corinna's gifts and I have no hope of being that creative. But I've read reports about people who got pencils, stickers, I guess I could do that along with a couple other things I'm thinking about.

I like the recipe idea, I might develop that!

ACDSNY
10-21-2012, 10:26 PM
We just put them in any pocket that would hold it. I like the recipe idea.

Another one that was cute was cups, with a snack packet of oreos so you could use the softserve ice cream on the ship and have cookies and cream. DH really like that one.

PrincessInOz
10-22-2012, 01:44 AM
We've just completed a Holiday Recipe exchange on the Exchange section where we were to send our recipient a minimum of 5 tried and tested family recipes and 'gifts' up to $15. Not that I'm advocating the $15 value for your FE; but it was easy to just copy and print out some of the recipes I'd previously shared on the WFDT (pictures removed). I put together a proposed meal for a Holiday feast....starter, entree, sides for the entree, dessert, a little something with coffee and a Bourbon Christmas cake recipe.

You could do something similar and print it up; get some ribbon to bind it together with a front page cover or put it into a plastic folder or something.

That would then free up cash for smaller items. You could make up a small "sweet bag" or a little gift for the dads and kids?

nunzia
10-22-2012, 07:31 AM
so how do you distribute that? I each lid has a pocket with their name on it, they're going to want what was in "they're" pocket. I've seen Corinna's gifts and I have no hope of being that creative. But I've read reports about people who got pencils, stickers, I guess I could do that along with a couple other things I'm thinking about.

I like the recipe idea, I might develop that!

I think recipes are a very good FE idea!

dolphingirl47
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
I love the recipe book idea. I had some recipe cards and a recipe booklet with Disney recipes on different cruises and always loved them. As to the amount, I usually aim around $1 or $2 per person.

Corinna

kaoden39
10-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi there!!:flower3:

I would have been here sooner but I didn't see the link in your signature until I saw you mention it to Jenny!

rentayenta
10-25-2012, 11:33 PM
:wave: I swear I thought I'd been here but I guess not. :confused3 Now I need to catch up. The FE is darling. :thumbsup2

QuiltTeddy
10-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Have been following along with your PTR. In April we cruised on the Dream and particiated for the first time in a FE. I made a small recipe book for the women and a separate item for the men and something totally different for the children. If you have a large group, it's much easier to have something for the stateroom versus male/female/kid gifts. Additionally, bear in mind the recipe books end up very weighy for travelling.

Just putting in my 2 cents.

Hope you have a WONDERful cruise. I'm indeed jealous!

eandesmom
10-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks Everyone! I'm really happy about how it came out. I was leaning towards something really busy looking (pattern of material behind the inron ons) and Fran pointed out that it was better to be simple for the background so that the characters stood out. I'm glad I took her suggestion. If I went with a patterned pocket, you would have a hard time reading our names on it. We went with the classic Mickey colors as the boats use the same colors as well.

it's adorable!

So I have this question. About how much do people seem to spend on average for the gifts? I don't want to be cheap, but I don't want to break the bank. It appears that we have 57 folks in our FEE. I asked on the thread and $2 per gift makes it around $100, $4 ups it to $200 and so on. So far no answers, but some people have already said they are done. I wish I could make something, but I don't have that kind of time or creativity.

I love the recipe idea. Some folks didn't do a gift per person or do one bigger gift per stateroom and then small per individual (like candy, tattoos, pencil small). With a big FE it can add up really fast. For our Alaska cruise which was over 100 people we did a bigger stateroom/family gift and then did stickers/candy/small toys for each of the individuals. For our Dream 4 righter we were able to do a lot more simple b/c it was a much smaller group.

franandaj
10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
We just put them in any pocket that would hold it. I like the recipe idea.

Another one that was cute was cups, with a snack packet of oreos so you could use the softserve ice cream on the ship and have cookies and cream. DH really like that one.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to see what I end up coming up with when I go shopping.

We've just completed a Holiday Recipe exchange on the Exchange section where we were to send our recipient a minimum of 5 tried and tested family recipes and 'gifts' up to $15. Not that I'm advocating the $15 value for your FE; but it was easy to just copy and print out some of the recipes I'd previously shared on the WFDT (pictures removed). I put together a proposed meal for a Holiday feast....starter, entree, sides for the entree, dessert, a little something with coffee and a Bourbon Christmas cake recipe.

You could do something similar and print it up; get some ribbon to bind it together with a front page cover or put it into a plastic folder or something.

That would then free up cash for smaller items. You could make up a small "sweet bag" or a little gift for the dads and kids?

I'm hoping to dig out my comb binding machine, I just need to figure out where it is! I can make some cute little books that will fit in the pocket.

I think recipes are a very good FE idea!

Thanks! That makes me feel good.

I love the recipe book idea. I had some recipe cards and a recipe booklet with Disney recipes on different cruises and always loved them. As to the amount, I usually aim around $1 or $2 per person.

Corinna

Good that's about what I was thinking. I've got all the 3 and unders taken care of now just like 58 more! :lmao:

Hi there!!:flower3:

I would have been here sooner but I didn't see the link in your signature until I saw you mention it to Jenny!

:welcome: Welcome! You snuck in just in time! The fun is about to begin!

:wave: I swear I thought I'd been here but I guess not. :confused3 Now I need to catch up. The FE is darling. :thumbsup2

Shouldn't be too hard, I'm only on page five!

Have been following along with your PTR. In April we cruised on the Dream and particiated for the first time in a FE. I made a small recipe book for the women and a separate item for the men and something totally different for the children. If you have a large group, it's much easier to have something for the stateroom versus male/female/kid gifts. Additionally, bear in mind the recipe books end up very weighy for travelling.

Just putting in my 2 cents.

Hope you have a WONDERful cruise. I'm indeed jealous!

:welcome: Yeah, I'm thinking the recipe books for the women. Not sure for the DHs, but ill find something.

it's adorable!

I love the recipe idea. Some folks didn't do a gift per person or do one bigger gift per stateroom and then small per individual (like candy, tattoos, pencil small). With a big FE it can add up really fast. For our Alaska cruise which was over 100 people we did a bigger stateroom/family gift and then did stickers/candy/small toys for each of the individuals. For our Dream 4 righter we were able to do a lot more simple b/c it was a much smaller group.

We have less than 60 people so that sounds doable.

Big snag today. We had to go to Fullerton today, so we planned to stop by the Disney Character Warehouse out there to look for trinkets. The unfortunate thing was that we drove our 73 Cougar which just completed some $3000 of engine work. Well no sooner had we filled the tank and added lead substitute, about a mile out of the gas station the engine just stopped. I just finished a ride with the tow truck driver back to the repair shop. I'm waiting for the courtesy van to give me a ride home and I left Fran on the street corner because she couldn't climb in the tow truck. For those who know, she's at Palo Verde and Del Amo.

So much for FE shopping today. I have a massage at 5:15 and it's 3PM already!

kaoden39
10-29-2012, 05:10 PM
I think men are harder to buy for I think. Most women are happy with anything because you thought about them. Well at least that is the way that I am.

Pinkocto
10-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry about the car trouble. I hope you and Fran got home safely.

franandaj
10-29-2012, 05:52 PM
I think men are harder to buy for I think. Most women are happy with anything because you thought about them. Well at least that is the way that I am.

Besides that, I don't know men well! Put it this way, most of the men I know would be thrilled with the recipe books! :rotfl:

I'm sorry about the car trouble. I hope you and Fran got home safely.

We're in the 21st century car on the way home now.

kaoden39
10-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Besides that, I don't know men well! Put it this way, most of the men I know would be thrilled with the recipe books! :rotfl:

We're in the 21st century car on the way home now.

I don't know how I missed that about the car breaking down. I am glad you got to Fran. I hope it doesn't take much to fix your car.

I know my husband would like the recipe book. I am not much help here. One of my DHs friends I would get him a bottle of wine. Other than that I have no clue.

dgbg100106
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
My DH would like the recipe book also, maybe throw a grilling recipe in there and you should be set.

Sorry about the car trouble, glad you made it home safe and sound.

franandaj
11-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't know how I missed that about the car breaking down. I am glad you got to Fran. I hope it doesn't take much to fix your car.

I know my husband would like the recipe book. I am not much help here. One of my DHs friends I would get him a bottle of wine. Other than that I have no clue.

My DH would like the recipe book also, maybe throw a grilling recipe in there and you should be set.

Sorry about the car trouble, glad you made it home safe and sound.

Now you guys are confusing me! :lmao: I don't know whether to put the recipe book in the DW or DH pocket! :rotfl2: I started writing the books while waiting at the doctor yesterday. I picked a dozen recipes either from Disney or favorites that I've made in our DVC Villas.

Over the last two days I've finished up the FEE gifts for all the kids (well purchasing them) I still have to assemble them.

I have another question for veteran cruisers...what do you do about laundry? Because of DVC, I've learned how to pack light, but that's because I have a washer in the room. Is there somewhere on the ship that you can wash your own laundry? I don't even know how many suitcases we are allowed! Many of my shipmates have received their luggage tags, but I haven't got anything! :sad2:

I'm not sure I can pack a week's worth of clothes including formal wear! Yikes! At least we are driving to the port.

dolphingirl47
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, there are laundry rooms on decks 2, 6 and 7. The one on deck 7 has the most machines. You swipe your Key To the World card in a reader to make them work.

Corinna

eandesmom
11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
The laundry room, because it is limited machines, can run quite the backup. We had issues with folks sticking their stuff in and then not coming back to take it out which backs up everyone so just plan your time accordingly.

We also found the dryers to be on the slow side and had to add more time. This was on the Wonder but I'd imagine the issues could be similar.

dgbg100106
11-02-2012, 06:50 AM
As far as laundry goes on Disney I have no idea... But we take woolite for the bathing suits and under clothes, the rest we just send out for washing and drying..

franandaj
11-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, there are laundry rooms on decks 2, 6 and 7. The one on deck 7 has the most machines. You swipe your Key To the World card in a reader to make them work.

Corinna

How much do they cost? Do they just add it on to your KTTW and room charge? We're on deck 8 so that should be easy!

The laundry room, because it is limited machines, can run quite the backup. We had issues with folks sticking their stuff in and then not coming back to take it out which backs up everyone so just plan your time accordingly.

We also found the dryers to be on the slow side and had to add more time. This was on the Wonder but I'd imagine the issues could be similar.

It's annoying when people do that, but I have no problem taking their clothes and putting them on the washer while I wash mine. I'm going to try to keep the washing to a minimum and only if we run out of clothes.

As far as laundry goes on Disney I have no idea... But we take woolite for the bathing suits and under clothes, the rest we just send out for washing and drying..

The woollite is a good idea for the small things. I also way overpack underwear, I hate being uncomfortable!

Also, my TA sent me an email. He received my cruise docs and is forwarding them on to me along with a $50 gift card!

eandesmom
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
How much do they cost? Do they just add it on to your KTTW and room charge? We're on deck 8 so that should be easy!

It's annoying when people do that, but I have no problem taking their clothes and putting them on the washer while I wash mine. I'm going to try to keep the washing to a minimum and only if we run out of clothes.

Yes you can put on your room key. I want to say something like $2/3 per load. Problem is....washer and dryers are stacked. No place to take a load out and set it so you can put yours in.

Leshaface
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
LOVE the FE! It looks great! And I absolutely love the idea about Disney recipes! I would have joined in on our FE had I known someone would be giving me some Disney recipes. Good thinking!

Also, the two times I went to the Laundry room, all of the washers and dryers were running. This was at night though, so not sure if it's less busy in the mornings/afternoons.

ACDSNY
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when we had no problems doing laundry the few times we've tried. Our cabin was pretty close so it was very easy.

franandaj
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes you can put on your room key. I want to say something like $2/3 per load. Problem is....washer and dryers are stacked. No place to take a load out and set it so you can put yours in.

:headache:

LOVE the FE! It looks great! And I absolutely love the idea about Disney recipes! I would have joined in on our FE had I known someone would be giving me some Disney recipes. Good thinking!

Also, the two times I went to the Laundry room, all of the washers and dryers were running. This was at night though, so not sure if it's less busy in the mornings/afternoons.

I hope that I can get the recipe book done. I've only got 4-5 Disney recipes, but I'm thinking a dozen in the book. I have to get it done now! Along with my other TR!

I was pleasantly surprised when we had no problems doing laundry the few times we've tried. Our cabin was pretty close so it was very easy.

Like I said, I'm going to try and pack enough so that we don't have to do laundry, but maybe for emergencies.

I have no idea how much luggage they allow you to take on. If we can each take two suitcases, maybe I can get enough for the week. Fran already has a couple outfits set out for me to pack, I on the other hand have no idea what I'm going to pack. I don't need to buy any new dresses for formal night, while I don't have anything as stunning as Corinna's (actually I do, but Fran told me that they were costumes and not suitable as formal dresses, I thought they were fine, they ARE ball gowns albeit 19th century, but still I thought they looked good. However it would have taken a whole suitcase for the petticoat! :lmao:)

I'll go with knee length dresses for formal and semi formal night. Although I have a couple dresses that are floor length, but not sure if they would really be formal or even fit any more! :lmao:

I need to get on this, but more importantly, I need to get on the recipe book!

Leshaface
11-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I hope that I can get the recipe book done. I've only got 4-5 Disney recipes, but I'm thinking a dozen in the book. I have to get it done now! Along with my other TR!

Oh wow you're putting quite a few in there. If time runs out, i'm sure just one or two more would be fine. Heck! I'd be happy with three recipes!

franandaj
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh wow you're putting quite a few in there. If time runs out, i'm sure just one or two more would be fine. Heck! I'd be happy with three recipes!

OK that's good to know because I already have a few figured out. Maybe if I can't find my comb binder, I can just print them out on nice cards and tie them up with a ribbon. Perhaps I'm thinking too big! It wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to give away too much if any of my other cruisers are lurking here. I know at least one might be!

I will tell you I made one of the recipes last night and it was nummy! I really enjoyed it. I made a similar thing for Fran but not the same. I REALLY like this one!

ACDSNY
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
There is no limit on how much luggage you can bring on, maybe I should tell you that though.:rotfl2: Our limit is always due to airline baggage fees.

The 7 night and shorter cruises seem to be a little less formal than the longer 14 or 15 night cruises so you'll be fine. You'll see a full range of dresses during the night from casual to formal.

ACDSNY
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
OK that's good to know because I already have a few figured out. Maybe if I can't find my comb binder, I can just print them out on nice cards and tie them up with a ribbon. Perhaps I'm thinking too big! It wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to give away too much if any of my other cruisers are lurking here. I know at least one might be!

I will tell you I made one of the recipes last night and it was nummy! I really enjoyed it. I made a similar thing for Fran but not the same. I REALLY like this one!

A few printed on nice cards would be great. The FE we've been in have been on a small scale primarily for the kids.

dgbg100106
11-05-2012, 06:15 AM

The woollite is a good idea for the small things. I also way overpack underwear, I hate being uncomfortable!

Also, my TA sent me an email. He received my cruise docs and is forwarding them on to me along with a $50 gift card!
so the gift card could go towards laundry or germ killer....decisions decisions...

dgbg100106
11-05-2012, 06:20 AM
:headache:

Like I said, I'm going to try and pack enough so that we don't have to do laundry, but maybe for emergencies.

I have no idea how much luggage they allow you to take on. If we can each take two suitcases, maybe I can get enough for the week. Fran already has a couple outfits set out for me to pack, I on the other hand have no idea what I'm going to pack. I don't need to buy any new dresses for formal night, while I don't have anything as stunning as Corinna's (actually I do, but Fran told me that they were costumes and not suitable as formal dresses, I thought they were fine, they ARE ball gowns albeit 19th century, but still I thought they looked good. However it would have taken a whole suitcase for the petticoat! :lmao:)

I'll go with knee length dresses for formal and semi formal night. Although I have a couple dresses that are floor length, but not sure if they would really be formal or even fit any more! :lmao:

I need to get on this, but more importantly, I need to get on the recipe book!
like i have said before i have never been on Disney, but the other lines you can carry as much as you want, the problem is finding places for your bags in your cabin.

dvid and I carry two large and one medium suitcase when we travel.. they all fit under the bad when they are pushed together to make a large bed..

Leshaface
11-05-2012, 07:35 AM

If I were you, I would print them on 5X7's, maybe laminate them, and punch a hole in the corners and keep them together with Disney ribbon. I had seen some cute ribbon at Joann's fabric and Hobby Lobby before.

You will have to share this recipe after the cruise then! :cool1:

dolphingirl47
11-05-2012, 11:51 AM

We always used to pay $2 per load of washing and $1 per cycle in the dryer, but when we were on the Wonder for our Hawaii cruise, both the washers and the dryers were $1. This just gets added to your stateroom account.

The gift card is nice. That should cover a few Drinks of the Day.

Corinna

franandaj
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
There is no limit on how much luggage you can bring on, maybe I should tell you that though.:rotfl2: Our limit is always due to airline baggage fees.

The 7 night and shorter cruises seem to be a little less formal than the longer 14 or 15 night cruises so you'll be fine. You'll see a full range of dresses during the night from casual to formal.

From our cruise documents it looks like we could possibly do four suitcases each, but we won't need THAT much and I doubt even a CL room doesn't have that much storage.

so the gift card could go towards laundry or germ killer....decisions decisions...

I'm going to try and do as little laundry as possible.

If I were you, I would print them on 5X7's, maybe laminate them, and punch a hole in the corners and keep them together with Disney ribbon. I had seen some cute ribbon at Joann's fabric and Hobby Lobby before.

I think this is what I will do. Time is running out! :eek:

We always used to pay $2 per load of washing and $1 per cycle in the dryer, but when we were on the Wonder for our Hawaii cruise, both the washers and the dryers were $1. This just gets added to your stateroom account.

The gift card is nice. That should cover a few Drinks of the Day.

Corinna

As I said, hopefully I can get away without doing laundry!

Tomorrow I can officially start packing! Right now my suitcases are being held at Bell Services at the GCH. In a couple hours our concert band plays at DCA. Right now we are killing time at the security check point because we arrived an hour early. After our performance we'll rum around the parks a bit and then go home. Once I get this weekend's clothes out of the suitcase, I'll start packing for the cruise! :banana:

Pinkocto
11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I hope the event goes well today :)

PrincessInOz
11-11-2012, 02:22 PM

Great idea!

I know that Alison already has 4 or 5 ready. If I were in your shoes, Alison, I would start printing them out and laminating the ones that you already have. That way, if you run out of time, you already have these to go. If you get time to add more, you can. :thumbsup2

dgbg100106
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm going to try and do as little laundry as possible. Definitely should go for gedm killer.

we you already on the germ killer? :cheer2: Just teasing...

franandaj
11-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope the event goes well today :)

It went really well. There was a lot of sitting around, but when it came down, we played very well. I should post our picture somewhere.

Great idea!

I know that Alison already has 4 or 5 ready. If I were in your shoes, Alison, I would start printing them out and laminating the ones that you already have. That way, if you run out of time, you already have these to go. If you get time to add more, you can. :thumbsup2

Actually I don't have any "ready" I've typed in one complete recipe and two half recipes. Fran located one online so I can copy and paste, but they will still need to be formatted. What I'm thinking is that I will format them four to a page and print them on a card stock. Now that the Disney performance is over, and I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner, I can focus a little more on packing and my FEE.

we you already on the germ killer? :cheer2: Just teasing...

It was 8AM in the morning! Stupid smartphone autocorrect! :headache:

franandaj
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
OK, it's time for an interactive part of the TR. It's time that I have started on packing for the cruise. While I looked into having some beautiful gown made like Corinna does, in reality, I have a lot of nice dresses that I've only worn once or not at all. So I've narrowed it down to three. My question is which do you think I should wear for Formal night? Should I wear the second choice for Semi-Formal night?

Fran has given her opinion, and she'll be wearing her tux on formal night, possibly a black tux shirt with a white dinner jacket for semi formal night.

The lighting is a little off here, but this dress is black.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN8878.jpg

This dress is a dark purple

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN8879.jpg

This one is black as well and the top is covered in sequins and beads.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN8883.jpg

Let me know which ones you think I should pick!

kaoden39
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I am partial to the first one. It has a fun look to it!

ACDSNY
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
I vote for the 1st and 3rd, use one for formal and the other for semi-formal.

Leshaface
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Ooh I really like the first one! Very nice!

PrincessInOz
11-14-2012, 02:30 AM
1 and 3. They can both be formal and semi-formal.

Pinkocto
11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I vote number 3 for formal night, love the sparklies. And number 2 for semi formal.

rentayenta
11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
In order: 1, 3, 2. But they're all very pretty. How fun to be dressed up!

Leshaface
11-15-2012, 06:21 PM
So...which dresses are the winners?!

franandaj
11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I am partial to the first one. It has a fun look to it!

I vote for the 1st and 3rd, use one for formal and the other for semi-formal.

Ooh I really like the first one! Very nice!

1 and 3. They can both be formal and semi-formal.

I vote number 3 for formal night, love the sparklies. And number 2 for semi formal.

In order: 1, 3, 2. But they're all very pretty. How fun to be dressed up!

Thanks for all the votes!

So...which dresses are the winners?!

You'll have to wait until the TR to find out! :rotfl2:

On other news, I did online check in yesterday, and we printed and signed our documents, so that's taken care of. I also started picking out my daily clothes for the ship.

I'm almost done formatting my recipe cards, but not really sure how I can laminate them. I took pictures of my FE gifts, but I'm going to wait until they're delivered before I post them in case anyone on the cruise is lurking.

Leshaface
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the votes!

You'll have to wait until the TR to find out! :rotfl2:

On other news, I did online check in yesterday, and we printed and signed our documents, so that's taken care of. I also started picking out my daily clothes for the ship.

I'm almost done formatting my recipe cards, but not really sure how I can laminate them. I took pictures of my FE gifts, but I'm going to wait until they're delivered before I post them in case anyone on the cruise is lurking.

Is there a hobby lobby in LB? There are self laminating pages available there and you could stick a couple in there then cut them out. They will probably be available at Michael's too.

Pinkocto
11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Your trip is getting so close! :cool1:

eandesmom
11-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Is there a hobby lobby in LB? There are self laminating pages available there and you could stick a couple in there then cut them out. They will probably be available at Michael's too.

Kinkos and Costco business will laminate, not sure of the cost

ACDSNY
11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
You should be doing the single digit countdown dance...:dance3:

kaoden39
11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I usually laminate things at Kinkos if that was what you meant about how.

PrincessInOz
11-16-2012, 02:00 AM
So close! :thumbsup2

Not that it's any use to you....but I do have a laminating machine at home here. :teeth:

rentayenta
11-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the votes?!?! I hate suspense. ;) How about a hint? Out of the three, name one you didn't choose? :teeth:

franandaj
11-16-2012, 11:20 AM
I will be back later to respond to everyone but.....

party: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: party:

Single Digits today!

party: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: party:

Leshaface
11-16-2012, 01:18 PM

Not that it's any use to you....but I do have a laminating machine at home here. :teeth:

:rotfl2:

kaoden39
11-16-2012, 03:46 PM
:cheer2: Yay for single digits!! :cheer2:

Pinkocto
11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Single digit dance!!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

dgbg100106
11-17-2012, 06:14 AM
I will be back later to respond to everyone but.....

party: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: party:

Single Digits today!

party: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: party:

So exciting.

ACDSNY
11-17-2012, 12:39 PM

Single Digits today!

party: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana::cool1: party:

Now that's some single digit dancing!!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

dolphingirl47
11-18-2012, 07:18 AM
This is getting so close now. I live dresses 1 and 3.

Corinna

franandaj
11-18-2012, 08:22 PM

I found some at staples....

Your trip is getting so close! :cool1:

I know!

Kinkos and Costco business will laminate, not sure of the cost

I'm going to the try self-laminating route....hopefully it won't be too much of a headache!

You should be doing the single digit countdown dance...:dance3:

I am! So are you!

I usually laminate things at Kinkos if that was what you meant about how.

We'll see how I do with these self laminating things.

I saw those at Staples, $99 plus the supplies. The self laminating were $25 for 50 sheets, so I'm hoping that I can get away with four per laminating sheet and I'll have some leftover for future projects. Maybe the next cruise! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the votes?!?! I hate suspense. ;) How about a hint? Out of the three, name one you didn't choose? :teeth:

You'll just have to wait! :hyper:

jetskigrl
11-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Oh wow...I haven't checked this thread in a while and you are already in single digits!!!!!! :cool1:

We haven't been down to the port in a while. I think we are going to have to make a trip down there this Sunday to see you off! :thumbsup2

franandaj
11-19-2012, 11:37 AM
:cheer2: Yay for single digits!! :cheer2:

Single digit dance!!! :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

:cool1:

So exciting.

:banana:

Now that's some single digit dancing!!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

:woohoo:

This is getting so close now. I live dresses 1 and 3.

Corinna

Now I just need to try them on and verify which ones fit!

Oh wow...I haven't checked this thread in a while and you are already in single digits!!!!!! :cool1:

We haven't been down to the port in a while. I think we are going to have to make a trip down there this Sunday to see you off! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to get on the ship. I want to get there right at 10AM and board as soon as CL is allowed on board!

rentayenta
11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
:woohoo: 6 days!!! :woohoo:

dgbg100106
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Whoop!

franandaj
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
:banana: :banana: 5 Days!. :banana: :banana:

So we got our FE assignments. We were assigned to Sunday, but I traded with another family because I thought that might be too much to do on the first day. We are giving out gifts on Wednesday. I'm about 1/3 of the way through assembling my gifts. I want to group them by family and put their stateroom number on the package so once I get to their room, all I have to do is take that family's bag and put the gifts in the pockets. I just can't figure out what the packaging would be. Plastic grocery sacks are too flimsy, and I don't want to bring 17 reusable grocery sacks, so I'm at a loss.

The other thing in not sure about is the temperature on the ship. How air-conditioned is it? It's supposed to be warm on land, but I imagine its cooler at sea.

ACDSNY
11-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Inside areas are all air conditioned. Have fun delivering your FE next week.:thumbsup2

franandaj
11-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Inside areas are all air conditioned. Have fun delivering your FE next week.:thumbsup2

How air conditioned? Will we freeze if we are wearing shirts and a tank top?

ACDSNY
11-21-2012, 12:36 AM
How air conditioned? Will we freeze if we are wearing shirts and a tank top?

No you won't freeze, you should be just fine.

PrincessInOz
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
5 days! :goodvibes

dgbg100106
11-21-2012, 08:16 AM
We have always been comfortable inside the ships, I have seen some people with little coverups and others in tank tops.. I usually wear a t-shirt and am just fine all day.

You will have a great time...

As for the FE on how to deliver, I am at a loss, I have never done it so I don't know.

Leshaface
11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Just to let you know, i'm ALWAYS cold, and I always felt really comfortable on the ship. :thumbsup2

ETA: Are you wanting them to keep the packaging that you bring them in? Or are you looking for a way to make it easier for you to take their gifts in and keep them organized? What about gallon ziplock bags?

franandaj
11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
No you won't freeze, you should be just fine.

I never freeze, I'm always over heated. It's Fran I'm worried about. She is always cold.

5 days! :goodvibes

:goodvibes

We have always been comfortable inside the ships, I have seen some people with little coverups and others in tank tops.. I usually wear a t-shirt and am just fine all day.

You will have a great time...

As for the FE on how to deliver, I am at a loss, I have never done it so I don't know.

I just worry about Fran. Me, I don't really care.

Just to let you know, i'm ALWAYS cold, and I always felt really comfortable on the ship. :thumbsup2

ETA: Are you wanting them to keep the packaging that you bring them in? Or are you looking for a way to make it easier for you to take their gifts in and keep them organized? What about gallon ziplock bags?

Yeah I'm thinking about what to carry each family's bags in. A gallon is too small. I don't want to put them in 2 1/2 gallon Ziplocs because it will take probably two boxes and then I would have to try and stuff them back in the box after the trip. I'm thinking paper lunch sacks might work. I guess I'm being cheap with respect to this.

Leshaface
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I think the paper lunch sacks will work just great. Geez, can't believe you're already leaving soon!! So excited for you guys!

rentayenta
11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/jenmikesheets/20F0925C-B162-40A1-A530-68438BF6FA7D-43545-000004C54218E590.jpg

If I'm not back before you go, have a magical cruise!

ACDSNY
11-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Let's get the party and packing started!!! I'm officially off work.:dance3:

Have a chocolate souffle from Palo's for me.

kaoden39
11-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Alison,

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you two have a wonderful vacation!!

Pinkocto
11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Alison :)

3 day dance!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

franandaj
11-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I think the paper lunch sacks will work just great. Geez, can't believe you're already leaving soon!! So excited for you guys!

I've already got a few at home, so that's good.

If I'm not back before you go, have a magical cruise!

Thanks! I hope you little trip goes well.

Let's get the party and packing started!!! I'm officially off work.:dance3:

Have a chocolate souffle from Palo's for me.

Yay! For vacation! I'll definitely have at least one and if we can order them via room service I'll have more!

Alison,

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you two have a wonderful vacation!!

Thanks! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my friends!

Happy Thanksgiving Alison :)

3 day dance!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I don't need to do a countdown! You all are taking care of it for me!

Today I finally got Fran to pick out her clothes for the trip. Now all I have to do is finish up the FE gifts and pack those along with Fran's stuff!

PrincessInOz
11-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Hope you get everything done.....stress-free. :hug:

franandaj
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
OK, for those of you who have sailed on the Wonder I just hit a small snag.

I just checked the website and carry ons are limited to 14x22x9.

I have a small bag that is 15x20x7, it was going to be perfect until I read the stated limitations.

Do you think this will be a problem? :eek: Ii I have to find a new bag that will suck!

franandaj
11-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Hope you get everything done.....stress-free. :hug:

Stress free? :rotfl2: See above post!

PrincessInOz
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM

I have a small bag that is 15x20x7, it was going to be perfect until I read the stated limitations.

Do you think this will be a problem? :eek: Ii I have to find a new bag that will suck!

Ouch! It just depends on where the carry-on will be stored. If there is a space that just fits the dimensions, then there might be a problem.

Maybe one of the others can help out more?

ACDSNY
11-23-2012, 07:59 PM

If you've ever carried it on an airline in the past you'll be fine. The bag just has to fit through the security scanner and I've had a few be pretty good size and made it.

franandaj
11-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Ouch! It just depends on where the carry-on will be stored. If there is a space that just fits the dimensions, then there might be a problem.

Maybe one of the others can help out more?

If you've ever carried it on an airline in the past you'll be fine. The bag just has to fit through the security scanner and I've had a few be pretty good size and made it.

I posted the same thing as a question on the Cruise line boards and got similar answers. I should be OK, I believe we have taken this bag as a carry on. In fact we bought it in Orlando in 2007 I think and used it as our carry on back to LA. I hope it's OK because it is perfect for what i want to put in it!

PrincessInOz
11-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Have a great trip Alison. Look forward to the TR when you return. :goodvibes

eandesmom
11-24-2012, 02:12 AM
I'd think you'd be ok. Overall size is within the limits and yes, it just needs to git through the scanner. Have a great trip!!!

dgbg100106
11-24-2012, 08:24 AM
one day!!!!1 WHOOP....

Alison hope you and Fran have an amazing time!

rentayenta
11-24-2012, 08:45 AM
:woohoo: Tomorrow!!!! :woohoo:

dolphingirl47
11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
If I don't have time to check in again, have a magical time.

Corinna

Leshaface
11-24-2012, 08:56 AM
That bag will be fine! I brought an oversize bag too and there was no problems:thumbsup2

TOMORROW ALREADY!!! Hope you're almost ready!:cool1:

franandaj
11-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Have a great trip Alison. Look forward to the TR when you return. :goodvibes

Thanks! Even if I don't upload and post from the ship, I hope to get some work on it and my Destination D done when Fran is napping in the room.

I'd think you'd be ok. Overall size is within the limits and yes, it just needs to git through the scanner. Have a great trip!!!

I hope so! I'll have a back up in the car, but I'll pack it up this morning.

one day!!!!1 WHOOP....

Alison hope you and Fran have an amazing time!

Me too!!!!! :goodvibes

:woohoo: Tomorrow!!!! :woohoo:

:banana:

If I don't have time to check in again, have a magical time.

Corinna

Thank you!!!

That bag will be fine! I brought an oversize bag too and there was no problems:thumbsup2

TOMORROW ALREADY!!! Hope you're almost ready!:cool1:

I thought about you and remembered that you were lugging a sizeable bag with a bit of germ killer. I was actually looking to see what the alcohol limits were when I stumbled on the bag size limits.

ACDSNY
11-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Tomorrow tomorrow it's only a day away!!!

We're killing time at the airport.

franandaj
11-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Tomorrow tomorrow it's only a day away!!!

We're killing time at the airport.

Have a great time! I miss your hula girl Lilo already! But I'll be modifying my siggie too before I go.

Pinkocto
11-24-2012, 08:56 PM
One day to go!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

I hope you have a magical and relaxing time! You deserve it :)

franandaj
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
One day to go!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

I hope you have a magical and relaxing time! You deserve it :)

Thanks me too! It's looking pretty good already because I have almost everything packed. However, I know Fran pretty well. She went to the library to get some books to read while Darcy and I were still putting things together and I started to put the luggage tags on the suitcases. We had four set aside and I decided it was better not to put the last two on in case she wanted to add another suitcase and I had to cut them in half and use one of them for two bags.

Sure enough. When she finally got home, she added a fifth bag with library books and the other things that were overstuffed into the last two bags. I am still waiting on her to fill the fifth bag to load the last two in the car, plus our carry ons. I have one carry one stuffed and another is waiting for me to pack up my computer (which I will do in the morning).

Don't want to miss out on last minute DIS time! Plus I am uploading pics from Destination D to PB so that I might work on that trip report while she is napping in the room. I figure that I can enjoy our nice room and verandah to get some backlogged TR stuff done!

franandaj
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
So I made my first Cruise magnets tonight! Nothing fancy or too elaborate, but I'm proud of myself that I could put something together in such a short time and our door can be festive too!

Here they are!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9046.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9047.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9048.jpg

Yay! Almost all packed and ready to go.

Pinkocto
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Library books? There's so much to do I'll be shocked if she gets through even one.

I'm so excited for you :)

Love the magnets!

eandesmom
11-24-2012, 10:09 PM
So I made my first Cruise magnets tonight! Nothing fancy or too elaborate, but I'm proud of myself that I could put something together in such a short time and our door can be festive too!

Here they are!

Yay! Almost all packed and ready to go. However, I think with Fran's procrastination, I will still go to bed at midnight!

Adorable! I love them. My printer hates special papers so I'm scared to try.

PrincessInOz
11-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Love the cruise magnets. Sounds like you're all ready to go for this trip.

dolphingirl47
11-25-2012, 06:57 AM
I love the magnets.

Corinna

Leshaface
11-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Great job on the magnets!

You're leaving in a few hours! :cool1:

Hope you have an amazing time and don't update us too much...even though I secretly hope you will :lmao: Relax and enjoy! :goodvibes

Hawleys
11-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy the downtime and take lots of yummy food pics for us. :)

dgbg100106
11-25-2012, 10:51 AM
love the magnets....

5 suitcases? Really?????

whew, I agree with the library books. I usually take two and never get thru one!

franandaj
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Library books? There's so much to do I'll be shocked if she gets through even one.

I'm so excited for you :)

Love the magnets!

You don't know Fran, she is willing to take you up on the bet! :lmao:

Adorable! I love them. My printer hates special papers so I'm scared to try.

I have gone through so many printers and I have at least three more new ones in the garage I have no fear! :rotfl:

Love the cruise magnets. Sounds like you're all ready to go for this trip.

Just about! I'm uploading a few more pics to PB from the Destination D report, answering you guys and then shutting down the computer to pack it!

I love the magnets.

Corinna

Thanks! I saw yours on the Magnet thread while I was stealing these designs. They looked nice too! :goodvibes

Great job on the magnets!

You're leaving in a few hours! :cool1:

Hope you have an amazing time and don't update us too much...even though I secretly hope you will :lmao: Relax and enjoy! :goodvibes

We might actually even get there in time for first boarding! :eek: I can't believe we're both up and all the suitcases are in the car. Just need to feed the cats and put the scooter on the back and deal with carry ons. We may have to stop for breakfast because the port might not be open yet!

Have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy the downtime and take lots of yummy food pics for us. :)

I've already read the menus over two and three times. I can't wait for all the yummy food!

love the magnets....

5 suitcases? Really?????

whew, I agree with the library books. I usually take two and never get thru one!

I. don't. want. to. do. laundry.

Besides Fran has 4 long sleeve shirts, 3 Hawaiian shirts, 3 Polos, 3 T-shirts a Tuxedo, a white dinner jacket, three pairs of shorts, three pairs of pants and a robe. I have 8 dresses, two pair pants, and four shirts and a robe. Not to mention shoes and unmentionables. The Fish Extender gifts took up almost a whole suitcase themselves! :scared1:

Fran will get through at least one. You folks don't know how we travel! :rotfl2:

ACDSNY
11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I love the door magnets! I woke up this morning hoping all is going well so you two get on the ship and have a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!!!

franandaj
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
We're on the boat! Having lunch at Parrot Cay!

kaoden39
11-25-2012, 02:57 PM

How wonderful!! I hope you two have an amazing time!!

ACDSNY
11-25-2012, 03:32 PM

Woo hoo you made it!!!

franandaj
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I love the door magnets! I woke up this morning hoping all is going well so you two get on the ship and have a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!!!

Thanks! Now I just have to wait for the luggage to arrive and put them up! We had a DVC magnet already waiting for us on the door!

How wonderful!! I hope you two have an amazing time!!

Woo hoo you made it!!!

Yay! And OMG you should see our room I'll post pics before we sail if I can!

dolphingirl47
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Have a fantastic time.

Corinna

PrincessInOz
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Excellent!

Have an amazing time. Looking forward to the "live" updates.

kaoden39
11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
I love the new name!

rentayenta
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
:cool1: So glad you made it. The magnets are darling. :thumbsup2

Room pics, room pics, room pics!!!! :hyper: Love a live report. Can't wait to read more.

Leshaface
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
YAY!!! Can't wait to see what your room looks like :hyper:

And LOVIN' the new TR name!! :lmao:

eandesmom
11-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks! Now I just have to wait for the luggage to arrive and put them up! We had a DVC magnet already waiting for us on the door!

Yay! And OMG you should see our room I'll post pics before we sail if I can!

Yay! Can't wait to see the room pics

nunzia
11-26-2012, 07:58 AM

I'm glad you made it! Whew :) Love the magnets. Have a great time!

podsnel
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Hope you have an amazing time!!!!!:banana::banana:

jetskigrl
11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!

dgbg100106
11-26-2012, 02:21 PM
hope you are having a wonderful time right now!

franandaj
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
OK folks, I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to update! Thanks for all the replies, let's see if this one goes through!

I started writing this on embarkation day, so pretend that you’re reading this with me as I sit in my stateroom waiting for dinner…..

So here we are cruise day! I know that you all know we made it on the boat and we made it to lunch, but let me tell you a little bit about how we got here! We were doing fine this morning, we woke up around 7AM, started moving and I think I was even dressed before 8:30AM and messing around with the DIS before shutting down my computer. I fed the cats by 9:00AM and I thought we were about to get out the door. It took us another hour and a half, but we made it. It was 10:57AM when we were pulling out of our street. :faint: I’m not a good relaxer, hence why I am writing this TR while Fran is in the bedroom sleeping.

I hadn’t eaten anything, nor had I had any coffee yet! :scared1: We drove through Carl’s Jr. :crazy2: and I had a burger and coffee. I had read enough Wonder menus for the last year to know that there aren’t really many burgers on the ship, so I might actually enjoy having one today and next week when we get home. The trip to the port was actually incredibly fast! I was amazed at how close it was once we got over the bridge into San Pedro. Here are some shots of me getting really excited about seeing the ship, but having really lousy angles to take pictures.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9050.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9051.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9053.jpg

Now our first mistake was to pull into the parking lot. That one cost us a dollar to get back out and go around to the drop off area. But once we pulled back around we saw

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9057.jpg

Unloading the bags was easy and a porter helped us out, and we gave him a big tip. I left Fran curbside with all the carryons and her scooter and went to park the car. I lucked out and got the last handicapped spot, so I didn’t have to walk very far to get back to the terminal. Boarding was easy and other than a few snafus (like we hadn’t signed our new passports yet) we were good to go with our KTTWs and on our way. Security is always a thing with Fran especially when we are overpacked. I had four carryons, purse, computer bag, special pillow bag and CPAP machine. She had her two carryons so we were quite a sight with her all loaded down carrying bags on the scooter!

We got on board and almost had a meltdown or two, but avoided that and headed towards lunch. I wanted to eat at Parrot Cay (another reason for wanting to be at the ship early). When Parrot Cay (indoor buffet seating) fills up they send everyone to Beach Blanket Buffet. It serves the same menu, but you have to sit outside. As you could see from my previous pictures, it wasn’t a lovely Southern California day. Besides I didn’t relish the idea of sitting outside looking at containers waiting for transport. San Pedro is not the most picturesque of ports, not like Vancouver with a beautiful skyline, and I forget what Port Canaveral looks like Even Long Beach has a better view from the Cruise Terminal.

So we were here!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9079.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9080.jpg

We were shown to our table

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9058.jpg

Any of you who have read my TRs know that I always survey the buffet line before jumping in. My first stop was the kids buffet.

They had Mac and Cheese and Mini Corn Dogs

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9060.jpg

There was also spaghetti with meatballs available

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9061.jpg

I checked out the breads and pastries

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9062.jpg

I took a look at the hot items available, I think you call this a side of beef.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9063.jpg

I believe here there was some ziti and gorgonzola, pork schnitzel, something with salmon, and something with another kind of fish.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9064.jpg

I did a fly by of the desserts. Not sure what any of these were!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9065.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9066.jpg

franandaj
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Finally I got in line for the buffet. Salad was the first offering.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9067.jpg

Now here is something I didn’t know anything about which really surprised me. Especially with all the trip reports I have read, and I’ve read a bunch! I’m sure I read at least a dozen, some with great food porn, some with no food porn and some with sporadic food porn, but not one person mentioned that at no point do you get to handle your food until it hits your plate!

I ended up passing on the salad because of this. With all the different stuff that I eat, I can also be really picky sometimes. Also because I am not a big eater, I tend to be very cautious at buffets so that I do not take too much and waste food. I thought about how ridiculous I was going to sound asking the gentleman to “Please give me only the romaine and iceberg lettuces, do not give me any radicchio, and only about 7 pieces of lettuce, and then can I have five pieces of spinach leaves, 1 slice of cucumber…” I ended up passing on the salad! :rotfl:

I didn’t get any pictures of the next offerings because I was so stunned by the whole “not serving yourself” thing. But they had

[LIST]
peel ‘em and eat ‘em shrimp,
tomato, onion and basil salad
cole slaw
macaroni salad

and all the hot items listed earlier.

This is what I ended up with (notice that only the meat a potatoes are “touching”. I had a hard time explaining this to the servers as well :lmao:)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9071.jpg

And Fran’s plate (all of her stuff is “touching”)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9070.jpg

She sent me for some chilled Cream of Pineapple Soup

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9069.jpg

Fran is a little fuzzy here, but she looks happy.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9072.jpg

The Christmas decorations look nice

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9073.jpg

I went back for some Mac & Cheese and Fran wanted more of the corn dog nuggets

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9074.jpg

Right behind our table was an additional dessert station where they had peach cobbler with vanilla sauce, vanilla ice cream and shaved white and dark chocolate, along with chocolate and caramel sauce.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9059.jpg

I had some peach cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream. I had to put the two together so that they were “touching”! :rotfl2: The ice cream was REALLY good!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9075.jpg

Fran got a medley of desserts. She told me to have some, but by this point, I was just way too full.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9076.jpg

She then had me get her some vanilla ice cream with shaved white chocolate and caramel sauce.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9077.jpg

By this point we were both pretty stuffed. Fran only got two hours of sleep the night before and this is where things started to turn south. You see when we got on the ship, I asked one of the greeters if there was a special Concierge guest area where we could sit and leave our bags and they told me, “no.” I was getting pretty bummed that the piece of information I heard wasn’t true. Also it was 1:20PM and the room wasn’t ready yet, so Fran started to get cranky. I said I was going to go back to Guest Services and find out if there really was a special place for Concierge, and she said she was just going to wait “here”. Which was a very noisy hallway outside the restaurant where we had lunch.

I waited about five minutes in line when a lovely man, Rodrigo, asked if there was anything we were looking for while waiting in line and I asked about the CL reception area. “Oh, come with me!” He said. “Where is the rest of your party?” I asked him to wait a moment and I ran to get Fran, we had to fight the crowds to get back and forth and finally we got back to the lobby. He took us back through the entertainment district to the Cadillac Lounge. It was quiet, peaceful and they had complimentary coffee, sodas and some snacks. Too bad we were so full!

For the next half an hour Rodrigo told us all about various amenities, helped me pick out beverage tastings, went over the movie schedule, and various other things we could do. I was dismayed to find that the reports I’d heard online were false and that the only complimentary sodas we received are the “welcome package” in our stateroom. So we’ll see how that goes, it hasn’t even been a full day yet.

By this time he was able to confirm that our room was ready and he told us the easiest way to get there and beat the crowds.

Next up, OMG! Our room!

Leshaface
11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
You and me are SO alike in that we want to be on the road, with no time to waste.

What?! CM's were serving all the food? I know on my trip, they would serve like the meat that they would have to carve, but other than that, we did it all ourselves! I'm wondering if something happened in which they now have to handle all the food :confused3 That really stinks because I like my salads a particular way too!

Ugh, sorry the trip hasn't started off exactly as planned, but i'm hoping it gets better, and i'm hoping the room makes up for it! :cool1:

jetskigrl
11-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Now here is something I didn’t know anything about which really surprised me. Especially with all the trip reports I have read, and I’ve read a bunch! I’m sure I read at least a dozen, some with great food porn, some with no food porn and some with sporadic food porn, but not one person mentioned that at no point do you get to handle your food until it hits your plate!

It sounds like they may have had an outbreak of illness on the previous cruise. If that happens, they will do all the serving to avoid spreading it.
Otherwise you generally serve yourself at the buffet (other than the carved meats, etc).

franandaj
11-26-2012, 06:39 PM
You and me are SO alike in that we want to be on the road, with no time to waste.

What?! CM's were serving all the food? I know on my trip, they would serve like the meat that they would have to carve, but other than that, we did it all ourselves! I'm wondering if something happened in which they now have to handle all the food :confused3 That really stinks because I like my salads a particular way too!

Ugh, sorry the trip hasn't started off exactly as planned, but i'm hoping it gets better, and i'm hoping the room makes up for it! :cool1:

It sounds like they may have had an outbreak of illness on the previous cruise. If that happens, they will do all the serving to avoid spreading it.
Otherwise you generally serve yourself at the buffet (other than the carved meats, etc).

They must have had an outbreak, they were handing out disinfecting wipes EVERYWHERE. Today was better, but yesterday was freaking weird. OK, let's see if I can sneak in a couple more updates.

kaoden39
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh what a start! Your lunch sounds good! I am glad that you managed to meet up with Rodrigo. It sounds like maybe the cast members on the cruise ships are not quite the well oiled machine that the parks are. I hope it improved. I am naive I thought for sure that the rooms were ready when you got on the ship.

dgbg100106
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Alison everything sounds great and I have seen ships go on complete lock down where they even remove the salt and pepper shaks from the tables, so you can't touch anything.

So hopefully it will get better shortly.

I can't wait to see the room, but I hope you are taking time for yourselves and enjoy your trip, we will all be here when you get back.

Have fun

eandesmom
11-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Oh how odd about the no self serve, definitely not the case when we were on the Wonder so must have been an outbreak of something.

I can't believe you had 6 cartoons between the 2 of you. The thought of dealing with all of that and no room yet would've me cranky too!

franandaj
11-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies! This internet is really slow here. We have a break between breakfast and Bingo so we're in the Promenade Lounge seeing if the connection here is any better.

Continuing with embarkation day....

So we were on our way to the room. It seemed like the walk was forever, but we did travel the entire distance of the ship. Our room is the farthest possible back room on our deck and the Cadillac Lounge was at the complete front of the ship. Finally I saw this:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9102.jpg

We entered the room

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9081.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9084.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9086.jpg

I looked at the bathroom and was really bummed because I was hoping that the room might have a bathtub, but since I knew it was a Handicapped room I wasn’t surprised.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9098.jpg

I expressed my disappointment to Fran, and she asked, “What are you talking about? Isn’t this tub big enough for you?”

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9090.jpg

We had TWO, count ‘em TWO bathrooms!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9093.jpg

Another view of the bedroom

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9089.jpg

We received this gift from DCL

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9096.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9087.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9088.jpg

And back out in the Living room area

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9094.jpg

And this gift from DCL

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9095.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9103.jpg

Then I went out to explore our Verandah, yes, this is all OUR PRIVATE verandah! I just wish I knew some people who were on this cruise, we could have had a party!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9104.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9105.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9106.jpg

franandaj
11-27-2012, 11:40 AM
By this time it was close to 3PM and we had our DISmeet in the Promenade Lounge. Fran wanted to rest, so I headed down there. Just as I was going out the door, I found three of our suitcases. We needed to send Fran’s vest off for Dry Cleaning ASAP, so I took care of that before heading out. I met a lot of the people we had chatted with online in our cruise meet thread. It was also good I went because a number of families changed staterooms, so I got the updated list. We said goodbye around 3:30, and I decided to explore for a bit. Deck 9 is where you’ll find all the quick food options so I decided to take a look around up there.

I took a picture of San Pedro, and the bridge. See what I mean about not being very picturesque? I think this is the bridge that some famous director jumped off of a couple months ago.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9109.jpg

This is the Mickey pool.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9111.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9112.jpg

Our room is right underneath Beach Blanket Buffet. The restaurant was closing, but the seating area was still open so I thought I would get a look around.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9114.jpg

And take a look at our verandah from above

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9116.jpg

It was getting close to time for the muster drill so went back to the room and woke Fran up. We headed to our designated meeting point. It’s nice that they don’t actually make you stand on deck in front of your life boat. Instead our meeting point was

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9117.jpg

I really liked this restaurant the last time we were on this ship. We’ll be back here again on Wednesday night.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9119.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9120.jpg

After the drill Fran wanted to go check out the shops, I took some pictures of the lobby on our way.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9121.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9122.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9123.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9125.jpg

As we were still in port, none of the shops were open yet. I saw one display that I planned on checking out.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9126.jpg

So I just snapped some photos of the display windows

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9127.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9128.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9129.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9130.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9131.jpg

Well, we would be back….

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9133.jpg

I hoped we would make it in here

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9132.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9134.jpg

Fran was still hoping

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9136.jpg

It had been a while since lunch and it was still a while until dinner, so we decided to head over to Goofy’s and get a snack. We ended up splitting this roast beef sandwich and some fruit.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9137.jpg

franandaj
11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Pretty soon I noticed that we were moving.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9138.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9139.jpg

We decided to go back to the room and get unpacked, well I unpacked. Fran was entirely exhausted, so she took a nap.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9148.jpg

Here’s our room once I got everything sorted out.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9144.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9143.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9145.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9146.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9147.jpg

And these are all my FEE gifts waiting until Wednesday to be given out.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9149.jpg

While I was unpacking, I received my first FEE gift.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9150.jpg

I spent the next hour or so working on the TR while Fran slept. I went out on the verandah a few times, just to watch the water go by as we sailed.

Up next dinner and shopping!

rentayenta
11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
:faint: At this moment I am at an almost total loss of words. Your room is so COOL! Those aren't the cramped quarters I'm used to seeing. How'd you sleep? The bed looks comfortable.

The food looks good. How funny, you don't like your food to touch. I'm like Fran and let it all mush together.

The window displays are adorable. Disney nails it every time.

Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Leshaface
11-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Your room is amazing! That is the way to sail!:thumbsup2 Looks like you'll be able to take your bath after all.

Aw lucky! We actually had to go outside and on deck for our muster drill on the Wonder. But for the Dream we went to the theater for the drill. Glad you didn't have to do that.

I hope dinner was good!

pixielizzie
11-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Your room is fantastic! :worship: And your veranda! My partner Elaine and I would have loved to party out there with you!
:rotfl2:
We were on the cruise just previous to yours! There was an outbreak of illness so all drinks at the drink station had to be served, all food at the buffets. Kind of put a damper on things as I heard the staff was working double shifts and their moods did kind of reflect it...:sick:

Have an awesome time! I love the Wonder!:love:

eandesmom
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
What a gorgeous room! Is that a category T? I am drooling! The very nice thing about the HA rooms is they are huge balconies. We were booked in a GTY 6A on the Wonder and apparently there are really only 2 (or 4) I can't recall, rooms in that category that actually sleep 4. So we knew our chances of an upgrade were really good and did happen but I'm telling you having that huge balcony would have been cool.

Our muster on the Wonder was outside but it was in the theater on the Dream. So much nicer inside!

PrincessInOz
11-28-2012, 04:41 AM
That is an AMAZING room....what a wonder to behold! Absolutely magic! ;)

Gobsmacked by your room and two bathrooms. That balcony looks huge!
Enjoy!

dgbg100106
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I am in agreement with everyone that is an amazing room! I would love to be there....

jetskigrl
11-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Ohhh, those pictures are making me miss "my" ship :rotfl2:

The room is beautiful!!! I can't wait for the next update.

Hawleys
11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Wow! Sweet suite!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Sounds like you are having a good time already. :goodvibes

dolphingirl47
11-29-2012, 05:28 AM
That cabin is amazing. I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Corinna

franandaj
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks pixielizzie for confirming why the ship was on food lock down. It's eased up now and we're back to serving ourselves at the drink station and buffets.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the room. It's bigger than my first apartment!

Leshaface, I dont' think the post stuck, but in the ads for the zip line tour, one of the pictures they show has you and Daniel in it I think! :rotfl:

We have been having a great time, and with how slow the internet is, I might not be able to update here until I get back. Besides I don't like having to shrink the pictures so much for fast upload.

I have completed quite a bit on the Desintation D report, so those may go up in the next day or two. I need to get back to the Promenade Lounge. Internet is definitely faster there, but it's more comfortable to sit at the desk in my living room! Off to breakfast and Cabo!

franandaj
11-29-2012, 03:20 PM
After we had second lunch, we went back to the room and Fran took a nap. After straightening up the room and putting away our clothes, I worked on the updates on the TR.

So dinner tonight was rotational dining. If I didnt already say this, I did get my requested rotation PTTAPTA. Tonights dinner was at Parrot Cay, I think this dining at the same place twice in one day thing, might end up to be a pattern.

On the seven night cruises, you have three nights of the rotational dining where each restaurant serves their regular menu and four nights of special dining where all restaurants serve the same menu.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9151.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9152.jpg

Here is the bread service, we had already grabbed a few pieces by the time I took this pic.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9153.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9154.jpg

One nice thing is that you can order a bottle of wine and you dont have to finish it that night, they will bring it to your restaurant the following night. Since Fran is on such heavy pain meds, she is not drinking this cruise. I ordered this bottle of wine for my first couple courses and planned to finish the rest the next night.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9155.jpg

Our appetizer was Baked Crab Martinique, which was crab in a creamy cheese sauce served with chips and plantain chips.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9156.jpg

Next we both had the Cream of Green Asparagus Soup with crabmeat and asparagus tips. It didnt have a lot of flavor, but it was OK. There werent any asparagus tips in mine, and I dont think Frans had any either.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9158.jpg

Fran also had the Cold Cream of Mango and Papaya Soup

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9159.jpg

I had the Mixed Grill which contained Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Lamb Chop, Bacon Wrapped Sausage, and Jumbo Shrimp on Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. This was really good. I love anything where I get a whole buffet at the table and they cooked it nice and medium rare.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9165.jpg

Fran went light this evening and enjoyed the Parrot Cay Salad which contained Fresh Spinach tossed with Red Onions, Mushrooms, warm Bacon Dressing topped with Bacon and a chopped Egg. She said it was very tasty.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9166.jpg

They brought the Dessert Menu

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9169.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9170.jpg

I chose the Chocolate SMore Vanilla Cake

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9171.jpg

Fran chose the Parrot Cay Sweet Temptations, a Trio of Crème Brulee Cheesecake, Lemon Merengue Pie, and Chocolate SMore Vanilla Cake.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9172.jpg

After dinner we decided to go shopping&.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9173.jpg

On our way to the gift store, I took a few shots of the lobby and Christmas Tree and sculpture.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9175.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9176.jpg

We spent a long time shopping, we used up just about all the Disney gift cards that we brought (which I thought was going to be unheard of!) However, I ended up with a couple scores for the evening.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9182.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9192a.jpg

Because Fran always goes through cat withdrawal on vacation we brought along Lucifer. Perhaps you caught him earlier in this photo.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9148.jpg

But I knew that the stateroom hosts would have fun with him on the trip, and our first towel animal confirmed that.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9178.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9180.jpg

kaoden39
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Bacon wrapped sausage? My daughter Kacy would be in heaven. She has been talking to me about her and I going on a cruise together. When I tell her about that she will all over me to start planning it. :lmao: She lives with the thought that if something is good it is even better with bacon!

So far everything has looked wonderful! Your necklace is beautiful! I hope you guys are having an amazing trip.

Leshaface
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
:lmao:No way we're on an ad?! Is there anyway you can post a pic of it???

Your necklace is gorgeous! Wow I don't think I saw that one before otherwise I definitely would have gotten that.....and that purse too...Love it!

Gotta say, i'm really surprised that Fran only had a salad as an entree :confused3 Hope she was feeling okay that night.

I was wondering what was covering her face in your first update! I love that you bring Lucifer along for the ride. I don't think i've ever seen him at any of the parks before. He must be an oldie.

Pinkocto
11-30-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm just loving these updates! I need to look at the photos on the computer, the phone isn't doing them justice.

Too funny about another car. Where does she keep them all?

Love the purchases. I keep thinking about a necklace I saw last March, it didn't have the circle of diamonds, just the logo with diamond Mickey inside. Did you happen to see that one? Wondering if its still there.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

franandaj
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
eandesmom - Yes this room is a category T! It's very nice, but not sure we would splurge for this again, although it would be worth an upgrade at the port from a category 6 or 7!

Kaoden - I would agree with your daughter, everything is better with bacon! :lmao:

:lmao:No way we're on an ad?! Is there anyway you can post a pic of it???

Your necklace is gorgeous! Wow I don't think I saw that one before otherwise I definitely would have gotten that.....and that purse too...Love it!

Gotta say, i'm really surprised that Fran only had a salad as an entree :confused3 Hope she was feeling okay that night.

I was wondering what was covering her face in your first update! I love that you bring Lucifer along for the ride. I don't think i've ever seen him at any of the parks before. He must be an oldie.

I don't think I could get a picture of it, the shot of your group goes across the screen for maybe 2 seconds. If I hadn't seen it in your TR, I would have never known, maybe it isn't you two, but I think it was one of the group shots. There are 6, 8 maybe 10 people in the picture, you two are kind of in the middle, right? :confused3 I think you were wearing black leggings and a tank top that day????? My memory sometimes remembers weird things and I could be wrong, but it looked like your hair, besides you were all wearing helmets so it was hard to make out your faces.

I like the necklace too, but put it this way, it cost almost as much as the cruise (and I mean even our CL priced cruise).
Fran did have an app, two soups, plus the salad, and she ate some of mine because I can never finish anything. Then she had desert. So she wasn't deprived.

Lucifer is from Cinderelly, he chases the two gay mice Jaques and Gus. He is new, we got him at the Walt Disney Studios store last summer.

Pam - yes they still had the other pendant too, it was about half the price of the other one, very pretty too, I just like the diamonds.

Two more "days at sea" essentially for me, since we're not going onshore. I still have 200 minutes, (well now less than that), so I may upload some pictures while everyone is in port. Yesterday it went very quickly.

dgbg100106
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Alison everything looks amazing so far and I love your D&B! To me that is a good score!

The necklace is very beautiful and looks good on you.

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time.

Leshaface
11-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't think I could get a picture of it, the shot of your group goes across the screen for maybe 2 seconds. If I hadn't seen it in your TR, I would have never known, maybe it isn't you two, but I think it was one of the group shots. There are 6, 8 maybe 10 people in the picture, you two are kind of in the middle, right? :confused3 I think you were wearing black leggings and a tank top that day????? My memory sometimes remembers weird things and I could be wrong, but it looked like your hair, besides you were all wearing helmets so it was hard to make out your faces.

I like the necklace too, but put it this way, it cost almost as much as the cruise (and I mean even our CL priced cruise). Fran told me that the cost of the cruise would be the least of our expenses. She always says that and I always think she is crazy. It's been over a decade since we were on a cruise so I forgot how crazy spendy she gets!

Fran did have an app, two soups, plus the salad, and she ate some of mine because I can never finish anything. Then she had desert.

Lucifer is from Cinderelly, he chases the two gay mice Jaques and Gus. He is new, we got him at the Walt Disney Studios store last summer.

Oh gotcha! Thought maybe it was on some type of excursions guide or something, but still neat!

Goo! That necklace is WAAAY gorgeous! I'm not really into expensive jewelry, even my wedding rings that DH would like to upgrade, i'd rather spend that money towards vacations...HOWEVER, that necklace tops them all! Perhaps I should print out your pic and place it on his pillow?! :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Yes! I remember Lucifer, but I don't think i've seen the stuffed animal in the parks before? In fact, we were going to name one of our cats Lucifer a looong time ago because of his personality.

franandaj
11-30-2012, 04:04 PM
After dinner embarkation night, I took a nice long warm bath. It was at least 12:37AM before I got to bed. Usually a bath really relaxes me, but not tonight. The boat was really going fast. Two cruises ago we swore we would never stay at the back of the boat, but thats where Disney puts their HA staterooms. Fran could not have used a regular room, so its really good that we got this one. In addition to hearing the engines going, we were moving so fast that the boat was really creaking. I know the slight creaking is normal, but this was some MAJOR creaking. Perhaps its because we are on deck 8, but it really started freaking me out. So much that I kept waking up in the middle of the night.

Around 4AM, I put on one of the robes that they provided and went out on the deck. Breathing the fresh air and also noting that even though it felt like the boat was swaying excessively, seeing that it was not helped to calm me down. Im not sure if Ive mentioned it here, but a few years ago for a couple days, I was hit with a bad bout of Vertigo, so much that I couldnt walk without falling over (the room spinned so badly). I havent had anything like that since or beforehand, but for the last five years, Ive had problems with dizziness when I lay down too fast, or tilt my head back too far. As I lay in bed with the ship rocking, I was regretting not bringing along my Valium pills. I didnt need them, but I was starting to WONDER (haha, pun there!)

Around 6AM the sun started to come up and I decided to wake up. Sleep wasnt happening and to admit it, I was a tad bit excited. We put in standing order of coffee at 7:30AM with Rodrigo the day before and this morning we had planned on brunch at Palo at 11:30AM. Because Fran needs meds in the morning for her pain pills we had ordered a light continental breakfast to be delivered Monday morning so we didnt get nauseous from lack of food. They were there right on time, and it turned out to be a bit more than a light breakfast!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9181.jpg

I took a couple shots off the balcony, they arent my best of the trip but they were the first ones! It was cloudy our first day at sea.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/IMG_4191.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/IMG_4192.jpg

For the remainder of the morning (or so we should have) I worked on the TR and Fran stayed in bed.

There was one problem with Fran (and we had this same problem in the THV) is that if her butt is lower than her knees, she cant get up. The bed was mighty low in the suite and all night she had a hard time getting out of bed. We called the Concierge to let him know and they got on it right away. We headed up to Palo.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9183.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9190.jpg

Once we were in the restaurant being greeting by the staff, everything was all better. I decided that since we were on vacation in addition to the champagne, I could also have a Bloody Mary. It was quite tasty.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9191.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9192.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9193.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9195.jpg

Our server was a Doll, I dont remember his name, but he was from Bulgaria and here were more consonants in his name than vowels, Ill get a picture of him next time we dine there. The place was hardly busy and we spent a good deal of time chatting with him. He took us over for a tour of the buffet. I understood that brunch at this place is a lot like the lunch service at a cool place at Disneyland. That all the seafood, appetizers, salad items and things are served buffet style, the entrees are prepared to order and desserts are available on the buffet. I'll show you the pictures from my tour before moving on to the actual service.

So here is the first of the savory part of the tour, (although we did preview the dessert before getting to this one).

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9201.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9202.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9203.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9204.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9205.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9206.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9208.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9209.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9210.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9211.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9212.jpg

franandaj
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
These are the items that you can have prepared for you a la minute, there are the signature pizzas

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9213.jpg

Soups, appetizers, and pancakes

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9214.jpg

Eggs and things

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9215.jpg

And the stars of the show

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9216.jpg

This was my plate

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9217.jpg

And Fran’s

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9218.jpg

In addition to the champagne that we started with, I ordered a Bloody Mary. I mean heck it was noon by now!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9219.jpg

Our next course was the Strawberry Soup. This was a little herbier than the one at 1900 Park Fare, but it was still very tasty!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9220.jpg

OH. MY. GOD. I now understand what everyone is raving about with the Chicken Parmesan! This was by far the BEST EVER Chicken Parmesan I have EVER eaten. The chicken was so tender, perfectly cooked. The sauces were just a perfect complement to the meat, and the risotto was definitely the best risotto I have had anywhere! I can’t wait to eat this again!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9221.jpg

We also split the Veal Saltimbocca, and I have to say this was just as raving good as the Chicken. The Prosciutto was salty, but I really liked the flavor it gave, and the sauce was just wonderful!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9222.jpg

As full as I was, there was no way I was missing dessert.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9225.jpg

I didn’t get a picture of Fran’s desserts, I’ll have to do that next time!

rentayenta
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
:hug:

The food looks amazing! Your necklace is beautiful as is your bag. :cloud9:

Whenever I hear the best risotto ever...I think of Michael's. When we went to Vegas and ate at Craft Steak their risotto was sewage compared to his, I kid you not. :laughing: When I come out there, I'm going to bring some of his, kept cold, for you to try.

kaoden39
11-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh my gosh the food looks so good! It has to be hard to decide on what you want.

PrincessInOz
11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Catching up!

Your necklace is beautiful. Congratulations. :goodvibes
All the other stash is fantastic and I'm envious.

The food porn is great. Looks like you're have a fabulous feasting time.
Keep your chin up as you always do with Fran's behaviour. :hug:

Pinkocto
12-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Oh my goodness brunch looks amazing!

I'm glad she was able to get out of her funk quickly, but I'm sorry you had to go through that at all. :hug: Fingers are crossed no more episodes occur.

Pinkocto
12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
I know it's been a while since I watched Cindarella, but I don't remember the mice being gay. Did I miss something?

dgbg100106
12-01-2012, 09:09 AM
OMG the food looks awesome, sorry you missed the DVC meeting.

Hope the Bloody Mary worked :)

Hawleys
12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Food porn! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Thanks for posting.

franandaj
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, the food was amazing and dinner was even more so!

I know it's been a while since I watched Cindarella, but I don't remember the mice being gay. Did I miss something?

Technically they weren't, but Fran says she always thought they were just by their behavior! :rotfl:

Pinkocto
12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Technically they weren't, but Fran says she always thought they were just by their behavior! :rotfl:

I will have to watch it again. I do remember them being a bit eccentric :)

franandaj
12-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Well we're back! Just cleared customs. Packing up car. Be home before 11AM.

Pinkocto
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Welcome back :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

dolphingirl47
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome back.

Corinna

PrincessInOz
12-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Welcome back!

kid-at-heart
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Well we're back! Just cleared customs. Packing up car. Be home before 11AM.

:cool1: Rest then update. ::yes:: ?

Kate

franandaj
12-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll hopefully be doing another update this evening. I have it all prepared and the pictures are uploaded to PB. However, I came home to find that UPS exploded in my living room! There were no less than 25 packages in the living room, probably more.

I immediately called my cleaning lady to come help me sort through things just so we could get the suitcases in the house. We stopped for an El Pollo Loco lunch break (no chicken on the cruise :lmao:). Once we're done I'll do some updates.

:hug:

The food looks amazing! Your necklace is beautiful as is your bag. :cloud9:

Whenever I hear the best risotto ever...I think of Michael's. When we went to Vegas and ate at Craft Steak their risotto was sewage compared to his, I kid you not. :laughing: When I come out there, I'm going to bring some of his, kept cold, for you to try.

Thanks! I'll look forward to trying it. I also owe you a PM!

Oh my gosh the food looks so good! It has to be hard to decide on what you want.

Since I don't do olives or Salmon, it wasn't THAT difficult, but I couldn't eat everything I wanted.

Catching up!

Your necklace is beautiful. Congratulations. :goodvibes
All the other stash is fantastic and I'm envious.

The food porn is great. Looks like you're have a fabulous feasting time.
Keep your chin up as you always do with Fran's behaviour. :hug:

Thank you, just wait until you see what transpires in the next few days!

Oh my goodness brunch looks amazing!

I'm glad she was able to get out of her funk quickly, but I'm sorry you had to go through that at all. :hug: Fingers are crossed no more episodes occur.

You need to have Brunch at Palo on your next cruise!

OMG the food looks awesome, sorry you missed the DVC meeting.

Hope the Bloody Mary worked :)

It was very good, it was OK we missed the meeting, they gave us the bling later in the cruise.

Food porn! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Thanks for posting.

I will have to watch it again. I do remember them being a bit eccentric :)

Check the out on YouTube, there has to be some scenes that are up there!

Welcome back :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

Soon grasshopper!

Welcome back.

Corinna

Thanks!

Welcome back!

It is good to be back!

:cool1: Rest then update. ::yes:: ?

Kate

::yes:: Well, work, then update!

Leshaface
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Agh! Isn't that Chicken Parm THE BEST!!! I could eat that weekly! So you'll try Palo Brunch again??

Glad you're back safe and can't wait for the next update!

franandaj
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Agh! Isn't that Chicken Parm THE BEST!!! I could eat that weekly! So you'll try Palo Brunch again??

Glad you're back safe and can't wait for the next update!

OMG, it was sooooooo good. When you got it on your trip I was like.... :confused3 but when I looked at the choices, I decided perhaps you had something there, not that the others were bad, but I liked my chicken parm and now I have to rethink mine! It was awesome, and yes we will definitely try Palo again! ;)

franandaj
12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
So before I proceed with any updates, I just thought I would share with you. Our first challenge when arriving home today was getting into the house. There was 3ftx3ft boxes extending almost all the way to the ceiling blocking the door from opening all the way. In addition, there were other big boxes and at least two dozen smaller boxes.

These are some pictures AFTER I opened the 4ft tall box and the one that was 4x1x3 containing the blue and yellow bag on the floor, plus all the stuff, that I have now put inside it.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9815.jpg

Plus I consolidated all these boxes into two stacks (the bankers boxes were there before we left, all filled with sheet music that we're trying to sell on eBay, but the three or so feet of small packages all arrived in our absense). There were another half a dozen packages all around the house, but basically, we couldn't even get the suitcases inside the house until all the bigger boxes were either opened/unpacked, moved or both.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9814.jpg

Darcy arrived around 1PM and we worked for about 4 hours with a lunch break and finally got all the suitcases unloaded, clean clothes back in the closet, dirty clothes in the hamper. First we had to move all the big boxes out to the garage and clear a walking space into the house to fit the suitcases. Then we had to deal with a whole bunch of Disney loot that had been sitting on the spare bed for months from our last couple shopping trips. About 2 1/2 hours later we could finally work on the suitcases! :lmao:

So we're back to normal. Fran is taking a nap in her chair with our disabled kitty sleeping with her, and I am DISing. So sit back and I'll put in a couple updates before I have dinner and crash! :rotfl2:

rentayenta
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
You're back. :goodvibes

What in good gravy is in all of the packages?

franandaj
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
We left off at Brunch at Palo. This was absolutely an amazing experience that we were very eager to repeat again. However with a reservation for the character buffet on Saturday, and we were not sure about going the next day I ran off to my next experience!

As much as I wanted to sit around and linger over the table, I had to run because I was signed up for the Old World Wine Tasting.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9226.jpg

Here are some shots of the Cadillac Lounge. I would end up here a few times.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9229.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9230.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9231.jpg

Here is our host

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9232.jpg

Our first wine was a Pinot Grigio (obviously from Italy), our second was a Louis Jadot, it was a Chardonnay, but of course the French don’t label it that way. The third was a Chianti, and the last one was a Chateau Neuf du Pape. I hate to say it, I am a California Wine girl. As nice as the last wine was, our Sommelier talked about how good it was with Rack of Lamb. However, I am used to the meaty California Cabernets which you can almost chew. We finished off the tasting with an Asti Spumante. I prefer a more dry sparkling wine, but I didn’t turn it down! ;)

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9233.jpg

Following the tasting, I went upstairs to the shopping district, I found Fran there! ;) We decided to head back to the stateroom for some rest. We went out on the balcony for a bit and she took some photos of me.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/IMG_4198.jpg

She was a little hungry, it had been about 3 hours since we finished brunch, so I went up to Pluto’s and got her a Cheeseburger.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/IMG_4200.jpg

As part of our Concierge perk, they bring us a snack every day. Here was our snack for the first day. I ate most of this instead of a snack from Pluto’s.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/IMG_4201.jpg

Leshaface
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Woot woot for wine tasting! WHat?! We only had 4 wines at our tasting :sad2: Please say you did more tastings! :yay:

eandesmom
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Holy cats, what is in all of those boxes?

Lovely necklace, ouch on the price tag though. Really lovely bag, I eyed one of the baguette styles over the summer but refrained but still kind of wish I'd bought it. I worried how much I'd use it outside of Disney.

Love the Cat T. I don't think back of the boat had much to do with the creaking. We were midship, deck 6 on the Wonder and our first night had a ton of creaking as well. I kind of liked it once i got used to it, which is odd I know, but it had to do with what we were passing through. Didn't notice it again after the first night.

Mmmn Palo Brunch! How nice you were able to get a Bloody Mary. The two times we've been, no one has ever asked if we wanted another mimosa or anything else which always seemed like a lost sale to me.

With you on the wine tasting selections, nothing super wow there but still a fun event.

Sorry it was such a stressful morning before Palo, glad you were able to relax at brunch and then enjoy your tasting, you earned it!

franandaj
12-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Woot woot for wine tasting! WHat?! We only had 4 wines at our tasting :sad2: Please say you did more tastings! :yay:

Of course! I didn't want to do more than one a day, so I had to make some tough choices.

You're back. :goodvibes

What in good gravy is in all of the packages?

:lmao: :confused3

But seriously, I have no idea until I open them. The one blocking the door was a bari saxophone case. There was a bag full of auto detailing supplies, a big fig of Donald Duck, another one had the complete whatever season of Zorro on DVD and yet another piece of cat furniture. I guess the 10 we have set up in our house, and the six or so we have in storage aren't enough. Oh yeah it was on super Black Friday sale.

Then there were the two 8 bottle wine chillers, because when we add the second story on to 1st street we will need one downstairs for the living room and one upstairs for the movie/family room.

A few others had jeans, tools from Sears, some must be books because they went Media Mail. The funny thing is that I opened a couple because we are looking for a computer and a Cougar side mirror. Both were evidently delivered here, the POD online says so but we can't find either. Our house eats packages.

Holy cats, what is in all of those boxes?

Lovely necklace, ouch on the price tag though. Really lovely bag, I eyed one of the baguette styles over the summer but refrained but still kind of wish I'd bought it. I worried how much I'd use it outside of Disney.

Love the Cat T. I don't think back of the boat had much to do with the creaking. We were midship, deck 6 on the Wonder and our first night had a ton of creaking as well. I kind of liked it once i got used to it, which is odd I know, but it had to do with what we were passing through. Didn't notice it again after the first night.

Mmmn Palo Brunch! How nice you were able to get a Bloody Mary. The two times we've been, no one has ever asked if we wanted another mimosa or anything else which always seemed like a lost sale to me.

With you on the wine tasting selections, nothing super wow there but still a fun event.

Sorry it was such a stressful morning before Palo, glad you were able to relax at brunch and then enjoy your tasting, you earned it!

See above for speculation on package contents, I'll open some more this afternoon. I love my Disney necklaces! Thanks!

It creaked at the same place on the way home. Our waiter at Palo was excellent, we had him each time we dined there.

Hawleys
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Holy packages Batman! Glad you are home safe and things are sorted out. :)

franandaj
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Holy packages Batman! Glad you are home safe and things are sorted out. :)

Thanks, she has appointments all day, but I'm staying home for the afternoon infusion so maybe I'll open a few more.

franandaj
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
So normally I like to report on events chronologically, but I figure I better spill the beans on this one before the end of the trip since you will all notice a change in my signature in the next couple days.

As you all know, Disney is quite keen to get you to book your next cruise before you get off the ship. Now I know that Corinna got a great rate on a cruise out of Galveston, and on our cruise they were offering 20% off all cruises leaving out of Galveston. Not sure if that means they will discontinue that port, but we figured it's several hours shorter than a flight to Port Canaveral. I stopped by the Future Cruise Desk a number of times during the cruise to get quotes and my first few choices were not that great or not available, so I picked another round of dates.

We stopped by the desk on our way home from shopping the last night, and were able to speak to the gentleman. He had quoted us for another Cat T room, and because there was no discount on that level of room, the price wasn't that great. However, we asked him to quote us for a Cat 6A, HA room. I had looked at DCL's website (they let you surf that without being connected to the internet while onboard), and noticed that our room was 600 sq ft. The Cat 6A was 400 sq ft, which still seemed spacious to me.

The thing is, the 6A room price was 38% of the Cat T price for 2/3 the room! So we ended up booking the 6 night Western Caribbean Cruise out of Galveston for April 20, 2013! :banana: The ports are Grand Cayman and Cozumel, with three sea days. We'll probably spend the night before the cruise in Galveston and fly home the afternoon we get into port, however, I'm going to wait until after Fran has received at least two more arthritis drug infusions before I start to discuss our itinerary. It's possible I might get a couple extra days out of it, if I ask her when she is feeling better.

dolphingirl47
12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
OMG, it was sooooooo good. When you got it on your trip I was like.... :confused3 but when I looked at the choices, I decided perhaps you had something there, not that the others were bad, but I liked my chicken parm and now I have to rethink mine! It was awesome, and yes we will definitely try Palo again! ;)

I love the Chicken Parmigiana at Palo. If they served nothing on the ship, but this, I would be happy.

So before I proceed with any updates, I just thought I would share with you. There are a few folks who aren't familiar with Fran and her spending habits, so our first challenge when arriving home today was getting into the house. There was 3ftx3ft boxes extending almost all the way to the ceiling blocking the door from opening all the way. In addition, there were other big boxes and at least two dozen smaller boxes.

These are some pictures AFTER I opened the 4ft tall box and the one that was 4x1x3 containing the blue and white bag on the floor, plus all the stuff, that I have now put inside it.

Plus I consolidated all these boxes into two stacks (the bankers boxes were there before we left, all filled with sheet music that we're trying to sell on eBay, but the three or so feet of small packages all arrived in our absense). There were another half a dozen packages all around the house, but basically, we couldn't even get the suitcases inside the house until all the bigger boxes were either opened/unpacked, moved or both.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9814.jpg

Darcy arrived around 1PM and we worked for about 4 hours with a lunch break and finally got all the suitcases unloaded, clean clothes back in the closet, dirty clothes in the hamper. First we had to move all the big boxes out to the garage and clear a walking space into the house to fit the suitcases. Then we had to deal with a whole bunch of Disney loot that had been sitting on the spare bed for months from our last couple shopping trips. About 2 1/2 hours later we could finally work on the suitcases! :lmao:

So we're back to normal. Fran is asleep in her chair with our disabled kitty sleeping with her, and I am DISing. So sit back and I'll put in a couple updates before I have dinner and crash! :rotfl2:

And there was me thinking that I got a lot of packages while I was gone. By the way, did you get my reply to your PM. I can't quite seem to figure out PMs on the DIS iPad app.

So normally I like to report on events chronologically, but I figure I better spill the beans on this one before the end of the trip since you will all notice a change in my signature in the next couple days.

As you all know, Disney is quite keen to get you to book your next cruise before you get off the ship. Now I know that Corinna got a great rate on a cruise out of Galveston, and on our cruise they were offering 20% off all cruises leaving out of Galveston. Not sure if that means they will discontinue that port, but we figured it's several hours shorter than a flight to Port Canaveral. I stopped by the Future Cruise Desk a number of times during the cruise to get quotes and my first few choices were not that great or not available, so I picked another round of dates.

We stopped by the desk on our way home from shopping the last night, and were able to speak to the gentleman. He had quoted us for another Cat T room, and because there was no discount on that level of room, the price wasn't that great. However, we asked him to quote us for a Cat 6A, HA room. I had looked at DCL's website (they let you surf that without being connected to the internet while onboard), and noticed that our room was 600 sq ft. The Cat 6A was 400 sq ft, which still seemed spacious to me.

The thing is, the 6A room price was 38% of the Cat T price for 2/3 the room! So we ended up booking the 6 night Western Caribbean Cruise out of Galveston for April 20, 2013! :banana: The ports are Grand Cayman and Cozumel, with three sea days. We'll probably spend the night before the cruise in Galveston and fly home the afternoon we get into port, however, I'm going to wait until after Fran has received at least two more arthritis drug infusions before I start to discuss our itinerary. It's possible I might get a couple extra days out of it, if I ask her when she is feeling better.

Congratulations on getting another cruise booked. We loved Galveston and think we need to give this some more time at some point in the future.

Corinna

Leshaface
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Yay i'm so glad you guys booked another cruise! :cool1:

We've been looking for things out of Galveston too. We booked a dummy cruise before getting off of the trip so we'll be researching where to go for probably next year. However, DH wants to be on the Fantasy and i'm not sure if the Fantasy leaves out of Galveston.

But how awesome! I guess this means both you and Fran loved this past cruise!:cool1:

PrincessInOz
12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
MORE boxes? :thumbsup2
Happy unpacking.

Congrats on the new cruise booking. Hope things are well with you. :flower3:

dgbg100106
12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
so happy you booked your next cruise, and wow, that is a lot of packages!

QuiltTeddy
12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Absoltely loving your cruise report and pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Hope her RA pain wasn't too bad during the trip. (I know how that is.)

We are cruiseaholics, so while we don't have another planned, I spend my time reading cruise reports. :coffee:

Love your bag!

Pinkocto
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Congratulations on booking another cruise! and it's not that far away either, very nice :)

franandaj
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I love the Chicken Parmigiana at Palo. If they served nothing on the ship, but this, I would be happy.

And there was me thinking that I got a lot of packages while I was gone. By the way, did you get my reply to your PM. I can't quite seem to figure out PMs on the DIS iPad app.

Congratulations on getting another cruise booked. We loved Galveston and think we need to give this some more time at some point in the future.

Corinna

I need to join in on that TR to get ideas for ours! I think she forgot about the figure that she wanted to order, I'll check.

Yay i'm so glad you guys booked another cruise! :cool1:

We've been looking for things out of Galveston too. We booked a dummy cruise before getting off of the trip so we'll be researching where to go for probably next year. However, DH wants to be on the Fantasy and i'm not sure if the Fantasy leaves out of Galveston.

But how awesome! I guess this means both you and Fran loved this past cruise!:cool1:

It should be really nice, and not too far to go for us. I need to look into airfare and stuff. I had a great time. I think she liked it that she could rest in the room while I did things and she didn't feel like she was depriving me.

MORE boxes? :thumbsup2
Happy unpacking.

Congrats on the new cruise booking. Hope things are well with you. :flower3:

And to boot, when I came home from the dentist today there was a 60lb package about 3 1/2 feet tall and another smaller package on the doorstep! :faint:

Things are better, I think they will continue to look up! (insert crossing fingers smiley here).

so happy you booked your next cruise, and wow, that is a lot of packages!

I've gotten used to the packages. ;)

Absoltely loving your cruise report and pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Hope her RA pain wasn't too bad during the trip. (I know how that is.)

We are cruiseaholics, so while we don't have another planned, I spend my time reading cruise reports. :coffee:

Love your bag!

:welcome: Sorry that you don't have a cruise planned. I will try to keep the updates coming! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on booking another cruise! and it's not that far away either, very nice :)

No it's not, but even closer is our trip to WDW. I was afraid that I might have to cancel yet another trip, but this morning, as we watched stuff about the Grand Opening of the new Fantasyland, she asked about when our dates were and told me to look into dinner at Be Our Guest.

franandaj
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
This evening was formal night so we wanted to go to the show and had to get dressed up.

I’d heard a lot about the Golden Mickeys, but only enough to know that it was an Academy Awards themed show where they roll out the red carpet and interview guests as they approach.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9234.jpg

I won’t give it away for anyone who hasn’t seen it, but it was a cute show. Definitely with the Disney touch.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9235.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9236.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9240.jpg

Thankfully they don’t allow photography during the show, so you don’t have to watch all those pesky fruit loop screens in front of you in the theater. After the show we took a couple photos. This one with Mickey came out OK,

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9242.jpg

We took a couple other photos, these were the ones that we bought that came out pretty OK

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9254b.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9254a.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9254c.jpg

[Continued in next post]

franandaj
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
[Continued from Previous Post]

Then it was time for dinner

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9245.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9246.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9247.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9248.jpg

We both started off with the Caramelized Bay scallops served on a bed of leeks and sundried tomato risotto. I had the rest of my Sancerre from the previous night to accompany the first two courses.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9251.jpg

We both had the Broccoli and Maytag Blue Cheese Soup mine was sans the Chopped Walnuts

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9253.jpg

Finally a good picture of the two of us! :thumbsup2

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9254.jpg

Some shots of the room

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9255.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9256.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9257.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9258.jpg

Fran went with the Oven Roasted Tom Turkey Breast with Green Beans, Sweet Mashed Potatoes, Rosemary Stuffing, Giblet Gravy and Cranberry Relish.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9259.jpg

I went with the Yachtsman Steakhouse Grilled NY Strip. So far this has been my least favorite entrée. There was nothing wrong with it, just nothing special. I prefer a Rib Eye Cut, or Skirt Steak, I find both more flavorful than the NY. But the potato was really good when smothered in sour cream and butter.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9260.jpg

I ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir from Bogle to go with this course, and was able to bring that forward to the next night for dinner.

Then they brought the dessert menu

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9263.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9262.jpg

I went with the trio of Crème Brulee, The Golden Chocolate Award and Raspberry Cheesecake

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9264.jpg

We came home to our towel animals

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9267.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Cruise/DSCN9268.jpg

I was too tired for a bath tonight, and just went to sleep.

dolphingirl47
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I love your dress and the photos have come out really nice. Your photos of dinner have given me an idea. I normally have the steak on this menu, but I am not overly keen on potatoes. I think next time I will ask if I can have the risotto from your appetizer with the steak.

Corinna

PrincessInOz
12-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Fran looks great in the tux and you look so pretty in that dress. Sounds like things are settling back down to normal at home again; after the trip.

I love that the CMs kept having fun with the towel animals. :thumbsup2

dgbg100106
12-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Beautiful...

Pinkocto
12-07-2012, 06:41 AM
My heart sunk when you said the next trip might be canceled. I'm glad she seems interested.

Glad you got to a show. I really enjoyed all of them. Tritons looks so beautiful. You both look fantastic :)

nunzia
12-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Loving the report! (PS..did you notice our picture in the newest D23 mag?)
What was in the giant 60lb box?

franandaj
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I love your dress and the photos have come out really nice. Your photos of dinner have given me an idea. I normally have the steak on this menu, but I am not overly keen on potatoes. I think next time I will ask if I can have the risotto from your appetizer with the steak.

Corinna

Thanks! The risotto was pretty good, not as good as Palo, but it was still tasty. I think that would work!

Fran looks great in the tux and you look so pretty in that dress. Sounds like things are settling back down to normal at home again; after the trip.

I love that the CMs kept having fun with the towel animals. :thumbsup2

Thank you very much. I always think she looks great in her tux, but then again I am biased! Not completely normal, but still better than a couple days ago.

Beautiful...

My heart sunk when you said the next trip might be canceled. I'm glad she seems interested.

Glad you got to a show. I really enjoyed all of them. Tritons looks so beautiful. You both look fantastic :)

My heart is still sunken, but I'm hoping that everything perks up a little before the trip.

Loving the report! (PS..did you notice our picture in the newest D23 mag?)
What was in the giant 60lb box?

I didn't see the D23 Magazine, what was on the cover? I'll have to take a look at it!

This is what was in the 60lb box

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Misc/T2eC16Zy8E9s2flC19BQlr4kBvo60_571.jpg

It goes on the back of this (which incidentally is arriving sometime today).

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/franandaj/2012/Misc/T2eC16NyEE9s5jEq4BQisO1k8sw60_31.jpg