PDA

View Full Version : Not on meal plan- will I need ADR for breakfast??

disneyfool_1202
08-28-2012, 07:01 PM
DH and I are big "counter service" diners for lunch and dinner. We have 2 kids, 1 with special needs so it's sometimes harder to predict how the afternoon / evening will go. We just tend ot go with the flow and eat when we get hungry. So our ADR's are only for 2 meals we didn't want to miss (1900 Park Fair, and Hoop De Doo).
But I've been thinking about breakfast (just posted another post with ??) and was just wondering with so many people on a dining plan, do you think I need sit down ressies for breakfast at any of the TS restaurants that serve breakfast?? I'm thinking of trying the Wave at the Contemporary, or maybe someplace at the Poly.
Thoughts?

butiflfeet
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
You probably won't need a reservation for The Wave for breakfast. Whenever we've gone to breakfast there it has never been full.

I would, however, make a reservation if you want to eat at Kona Cafe or O'hana (especially O'hana) at the Polynesian. These are very popular whether or not you have the dining plan.

SaraJayne
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
If you want to eat at 'Ohana, you'll need a reservation.

Sweettears
08-28-2012, 09:15 PM
You probably are wise to make an ADR at any of the character breakfasts but it's probably not necessary at the other restaurants. Depends on when you are visiting as well.

gwmort
08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Other than character breakfasts you should be fine.

We have found most people don't get up early for breakfast. Most of those that do get up early are trying to get to rope drop and not go sit in a restaurant.

lovemy3girls
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I highly suggest breakfast at Kona! It is really good and the prices are reasonable. You normally don't need a ressie there, but we usually make one just in case. We have always been able to get one last minute.