PDA

View Full Version : What are your in-park breakfast recommendations??

disneyfool_1202
08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
We are staying at VWL which makes breakfast easy - between Whispering Canyon and Roaring Forks, there's something always handy. But to be honest, I get bored VERY easy. :coffee: Not just with food - but atmosphere. It's one of the reasons I love WDW so much - so much atmosphere and it's different everywhere you are!!! I'm not into character meals for breakfast (although my DD who's 7 would totally disagree! LOL!). Some days I just want to get the family up and "go", and then grab a bite while we are in the park.

I just have no clue what my breakfast options are in each park!! I would love to hear your recommendations.
Also would consider breakfast at other hotels near enough to the parks that they are not "out of the way" and won't take up too much time with travel (like the Poly / GF both on monorail).....

Thanks!!!!

auprincess
08-28-2012, 07:45 PM
We don't do many breakfasts ~ but my family really enjoyed breakfast at Tusker House on our last trip. We will probably plan to eat there again (we had a late ressie and considered it our lunch).

noahdove
08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Main St. bakery in MK!!!! A few different options to choose from.Kona in the Poly or Crystal Palace, I know you said no character, but, I love that place:)

Atchley
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
We love Tusker House breakfast at AK and Crystal Palace at MK. Must dos for each trip.
Try to reserve both before the parks open. It's nice to walk through the parks with not so many people.

minniebride
08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Definitely try Kona Cafe at the Polynesian and Crystal Palace at MK!

Sweet Melissa
08-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I honestly think the in-park breakfast options are terrible. Pretty much everything is a character buffet or quick service, which stinks. I either pick grab-and-go items, have a sit-down breakfast at an adjacent resort, or on days we sleep in, wait for an early lunch. I would try booking some meals at nearby resorts. Going to Epcot or Hollywood Studios? Stop at Kouzzina. Magic Kingdom? Grand Floridian Café. Downtown Disney? Olivia's.

juliebug1997
08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
It's expensive, but we do like CRT and the menu has changed recently. We also like Crystal Palace, but you're very close to 1900 Park Fare as well and 'Ohana, which enjoy too.

auprincess
08-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh, I somehow missed you said you preferred no characters. We also really enjoyed our breakfast at Kona!

scojos
08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
ohanas _ i know u said no characters, but its amazing!!!
starring rolls atDHS for pastries, and u walk straight past on the way to ToT:rotfl2:
Main st bakery, and i believe they re still doing the 20% merchandise off vouchers... we do msb on our 1st morning, then buy hats/sunglasses etc, the cost of bfast is easiily covered by the savings on junk!!
DTD wolfgang puck express do amazing bfast if ur going near there... we do this on waterpark/chill days
AK we grab fruit bowls.
epcot well the french bakery or sunshine seasons!!

if ur doing the ddp consider you ll be eating alot of desserts for bfast:rotfl:.. i ate a lot of cheesecake and dh seemed to have chocolate cake or brownies for bfast!! kids were more clever they had yogurts to go!!!!!

jenjie
08-28-2012, 11:26 PM
You could do Captain cooks quick service at the Polynesian if you want Tonga toast. sit outside. It took an hour, round trip, MK monorail to poly, eat breakfast, monorail to MK and it was a great meal in a pretty setting. There are actually photo pass photographers in the LOBBY of the Polynesian, it is so beautiful in there.

sabcook
08-29-2012, 08:00 AM
We like the following in the parks....

MK - Main Street Bakery
AK - Kusafiri Coffee Shop
HS - Starring Rolls
EP - Sunshine Seasons

All have lots of options sure to please everyone and if you are there early you can usually find a quiet spot to people watch and enjoy the start of your day.

queenmum2
08-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Main St. bakery in MK!!!! A few different options to choose from.Kona in the Poly or Crystal Palace, I know you said no character, but, I love that place:)

Agree! Main Street Bakery is a usual stop for us. Usually a long-ish line but it moves quickly. Grab a table outside and enjoy the Trolly Song!

Haven't eaten at Kona for breakfast, so can't comment there. However, Crystal Palace is usually a MUST for us. My kids are 12 and 15, but we all still love the characters. The puffed french toast is YUMMY!

Tracie

queenmum2
08-29-2012, 09:46 AM
If you're planning to visit the Animal Kingdom, stop first at the AKL and enjoy breakfast at Boma. Delicious variety!

somesong2sing
08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Morning Dis'ers!

Hope everyone is counting down their days and enjoying the excitement leading up to it!!

Ok, we are wanting the best QS/CS places to eat that have a good size sandwich, side adn dessert worth getting, at each park!

We like sammies, salads, etc., and enjoy trying new things. I want the dessert to be delicious!! We already plan on going to flame tree BBQ!

So, lets start and give me your best!!

My other half eats tons..He is ultra Buff and needs lots of food!! He eats it even if it isn't super healthy and can stay lean and fit somehow haha!! I lacked that ability dang it!

ArmyWife3-4
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Kona is our favorite breakfast spot, and it would be relatively easy to get to from VWL. We also really enjoyed Tusker House, but there are characters. Otherwise, we steer clear of breakfast preferring to do oatmeal and fruit in the room so we can get to the parks sooner! :)

Legendteri
08-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I have never been, but Disneyfoodblog.com did a post on the waffle sandwiches at the Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in MK. They have a nutella and fruit waffle and a breakfast sandwich waffle that looks really good too.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/28/review-nutella-waffle-sandwich-in-magic-kingdom-park/#more-64533

poly princess
08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Main Street Bakery has great breakfast goodies.
Kona Cafe at Polynesian has a great breakfast too.

Enjoy!

CuteAsMinnie
08-30-2012, 07:14 AM
OP, you said you get bored with the same ole' , well I have an idea for you....

Arrive early at MK
Grab a Cinn Roll AND a Frozen Latte at the Main Street Bakery.
Don't forget a cupcake for DD
Then go to the end of Main Street
Grab a little table
Enjoy the view of the castle
And the gardens
While feeding the Sparrows

There you go..... A breakfast to remember :hug:

(DD, now 20, remembers her first breakfast on her first trip to WDW...she was 2 1/2.)