PDA

View Full Version : Jiko....

lync
08-28-2012, 09:22 AM
We've never tried Jiko, but we are staying at AKL in January and we are thinking about making a reservation there. We would go on our DHS day if we decided to try it. Our options for that day would be...
1. Sci Fi (because DH LOVES the ribs there)
OR
2. Jiko for dinner (because we are staying at AKL and we plan on leaving DHS to go swimming and Jiko is at AKL. We are already doing Boma).

So, which one should we do???

Thanks in advance!

eacosper
08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately I believe that the ribs are not on the menu at Sci-Fi any more. The newest menu from Disney is here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/SciFiDineIn/sci-fi-dine-in-theater-menu-allday.pdf). :sad:

JimmyV
08-28-2012, 09:46 AM
We've never tried Jiko, but we are staying at AKL in January and we are thinking about making a reservation there. We would go on our DHS day if we decided to try it. Our options for that day would be...
1. Sci Fi (because DH LOVES the ribs there)
OR
2. Jiko for dinner (because we are staying at AKL and we plan on leaving DHS to go swimming and Jiko is at AKL. We are already doing Boma).

So, which one should we do???

Thanks in advance!

Boy, oh boy. Apples and oranges here. (Or, maybe, milkshakes and Pinotage). If you are definitely going to leave DHS to go swimming, I wouldn't go back to DHS just to dine at SciFi. But if your plan would be to stay in the park and then have dinner at SciFi, it is fun.

Who is in your group? Adults only? Toddlers. Older kids? That would definitely sway my vote. Jiko is one of the better dining experiences at WDW and SciFi is chock full of atmosphere and average food, IMHO. What is more important to you?

Tanyabeth8
08-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Jiko!!!

sabcook
08-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Jiko - hands down.

Pakey
08-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Jiko has better food, particularly the appetizers. However, if you or your family are looking for a "fun" Disney atmosphere, you will not find that at this restaurant.

lync
08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately I believe that the ribs are not on the menu at Sci-Fi any more. The newest menu from Disney is here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/SciFiDineIn/sci-fi-dine-in-theater-menu-allday.pdf). :sad:

You're kidding!! I just looked at the menu on Disney's website and they were on there. That makes me so upset! They need to update that (and I do realize it says "sample" menu)!

Anyway, I just realized that Jiko was a signature restaurant, so that answers that question! Someone has suggested Sanaa. Any opinions on that one? We aren't doing Fantasmic, so our plan is either eat lunch at DHS and QS dinner at AKL or QS lunch at DHS and Sanaa at AKL (already doing Boma).

Should we try 50's primetime? The only reason we were going to Sci Fi was for the ribs!

Thanks for the replies. They have been VERY helpful!

DEA
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
You're kidding!! I just looked at the menu on Disney's website and they were on there. That makes me so upset! They need to update that (and I do realize it says "sample" menu)!

Anyway, I just realized that Jiko was a signature restaurant, so that answers that question! Someone has suggested Sanaa. Any opinions on that one? We aren't doing Fantasmic, so our plan is either eat lunch at DHS and QS dinner at AKL or QS lunch at DHS and Sanaa at AKL (already doing Boma).

Should we try 50's primetime? The only reason we were going to Sci Fi was for the ribs!

Sanaa is my favorite 1TS restaurant on property, so that gets my vote. I would suggest an early dinner to take advantage of the view of the animals through the windows at Sanaa.

Pakey
08-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Sanaa is also my favorite 1TS restaurant at WDW. The slow cooked ribs in gravy are outstanding as is everything I have tried here (dined here 4 times now).

lync
08-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Well, I think we will try Sanaa now. The only reason we were going to sic fj was for the ribs and that's a non issue now :(