PDA

View Full Version : Do you recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe?

LovinPooh
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a couple of teens who like to eat lol. If you order the all you can eat skillet, do you pick a dessert that is on the menu, or is there one that goes with it?
Is it a good experience, leaving you happy and full? :goodvibes

DLB
08-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I have a couple of teens who like to eat lol. If you order the all you can eat skillet, do you pick a dessert that is on the menu, or is there one that goes with it?
Is it a good experience, leaving you happy and full? :goodvibes

I don't remember about the desert, bbut you it was a wonderful experience, we were very full and had a blast! Such a fun place to eat. I think teens would enjoy the antics.

luvthemouse71
08-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Is it a good experience, leaving you happy and full? :goodvibesI think you pick a dessert, if I'm remembering right. The skillet was good.

It's fun. Although, we had early breakfast reservations last time and it wasn't lively at all. :confused3

LovinPooh
08-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Wondeful to hear... I am thinking about doing this on a MK EMH night. With the park closing early that week, it seems like the perfect fit. I just havent read much about it and want the perfect dining ADRs... I think my family judges me on them after each trip LOL!

goofy4prez
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
For my family WCC is always one of our ADR's; I love the place. I have no doubt your teens will leave this place bloated and completely full. The skillet is endless and yes they can choose the dessert they want. Also a nice bonus here for them is that the milkshakes are also "all you care to drink" and count as a beverage on the DDP. So in short they can load up on the ribs, chicken, corn on the cobb; wash it down with a couple of milkshakes, and then order a dessert as well. All of this would be on the DDP as a 1TS credit.

Now I would recommend after doing all of this that they may want to consider refraining from Expedition Everest, Rockin Roller Coaster, or Mission Space for a few hours. ;)

TheRustyScupper
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Our Ratings of Whispering Canyon: (2/9/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A (skillets)
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The eatery is known for its comic antics with the
guests. The amount of antics is based upon guest and server
interaction. The food is good and plentiful, but only average
in quality. However, the endless milkshakes are tasty and ample
enough to give even someone with a hollow leg a brain-freeze.
Other than antics, nothing for which you to go out of your way.

Uncleromulus
08-28-2012, 10:08 AM
It left me with a headache and wishing we had eaten somewhere else:)

PamelaKay
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
On the dining plan, you would pick your dessert from the dessert menu. I have always enjoyed both the antics and the food at this restaurant. You can order a milkshake as your beverage if you really want some sweets.

LovinPooh
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Endless milkshakes... OMG, DS and DH will flip lol. I showed a pic to DS of the skillet and he is ready he says lol.
i am very excited... I love the idea of checking out the resort and eating somewhere new. :)
Thank you so much for all the input! :goodvibes

MHunt
08-28-2012, 12:08 PM
The skillet was good, but we did not enjoy the atmosphere. It was extremely loud and terrible service. It may have been our waitress. She wasn't very enthusiastic.

kathie859
08-28-2012, 12:13 PM
It left me with a headache and wishing we had eaten somewhere else:)

ITA---even the grandkids thought the "riotous" activity was annoying. Not a relaxing meal at all and our skillet was grease, grease and more grease....and our server was not attentive at all. i.e., had to ask for drink refills, waited on the bill after requesting it. This isn't on my "let's do it again list";)

riostoker
08-28-2012, 02:17 PM
We had a blast there! The antics were hilarious. The skillet is definitely filling. The food quality was nothing spectacular but yummy regardless. I'm contemplating going again on our next trip even though I want to try some new places. The endless skillet would definitely fill up your teens. Are you going to 'Ohana? That would fill them up too!

heidijanesmith
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
We ate here as a part of our Backstage tour. As part of the tour we all got the family style skillet. None of the tour group members liked the meat on the skillet. The chicken was super greasy, the ribs tough and chewy, the sausage was ok. I liked the smashed potatoes and cornbread but that's about it. There was a vegetarian in our group, she got an awesome wrap. We were all commenting on how we wish that we would have signed up for the vegetarian option.

I have heard better reviews about the ala cart menu items.

We liked the antics of our server, she was a hoot. MT was her name on her name tag, she said it stood for "mission trouble". It was loud, but I didn't think it was louder that T-Rex for Rainforest Cafe.

Micca
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
It can be a fun place for a family. The food...kinda like the stuff they cook & sell at the grocery store. It's ok, but if the bottomless milkshakes make up for it, you'll be fine. Not to be a snob, but for me "grease" and "endless milkshakes" is not a good combination. :earsboy: