PDA

View Full Version : Interesting meal at Akershus today

Mom2HandR
08-27-2012, 07:03 PM
We arrive 20 minutes before our reservation. Check in at the desk where we ate told come back in 10 minutes they will call our name. Back we come, eye contact with same staff member. We are not called. 20 minutes pass. We ask. Oh you were supposed to check back in. Too bad they did not tell us. Two families, different reservations. We both did not get it wrong.

General confusion in the line as families stand in line without knowing where to check in. They think they are in the line to do so. Signage would be a great improvement or staff speaking to patrons, not just standing there. 3 girls most of the time not doing much. People in line were most helpful.

Chef comes out he is great about DD's allergy. Waiter great. Food I liked but they could really do more for the kids considering it is a big draw. Princess procession again not well organized but kids liked it. Princesses were lovely except Snow White who seemed a bit tired out and shirt. For the photos I found the lighting terrible. This includes the photo provided with the package. We have done many of the character meals and they were never so blurry.

We are eating dessert when DH's glass breaks apart in his hand, glass ice and pop all over him, me the table. Can't finish dessert as glass could be in the food. Waitresses come clean up the table. No sorry. Um an apology would be nice. My husband was soaked. Just here's your bill and good-bye.

I have to say glad we did it but I would not go again. For the price the service and experience could be greatly improved.

Wicket's Mom
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
I will tell you, my son works for a restaurant chain & when an accident happens they do clean up, etc. But, they are to never apologize because that can be seen as an admittance of fault by the restaurant.

CandiceH
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I had much the same experience when we took our daughter to the princess dinner. . . I would call the service perfunctory at BEST. NO smiles from any of them. . .. bordering on downright rude about checking in about our reservation and she quite bluntly told us to GO AWAY for 20 minutes, when we were there only about ten minutes prior to our reservation. . . We did not go away, we stayed right outside the door, milling around with other families, and they STILL did not call us, when we finally went back up there steamed about half an hour later they said they had called us. . .which they had not because we had stayed right there, watching and hearing them call group after group. .. many of which had arrived after us and had a later reservation.

Aside from the cold bar, the food was not worth the money and was not very good unless your standards are very low. The waitress was clearly unhappy about being there, I saw no wait staff with a smile. I would -never- go back to that restaurant.

The only good thing I can say is the princesses were charming and bright and very sweet and the photo with Belle (my daughters least favorite, sadly) came out very nice. . . although just coming and dropping it on the table without a word wasn't the most polite way to do it.

Mom2HandR
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
I will tell you, my son works for a restaurant chain & when an accident happens they do clean up, etc. But, they are to never apologize because that can be seen as an admittance of fault by the restaurant.

Pretty sad really. Worried people will sue I guess But those glasses have a fault if they split in half. An apology would be nice but too much I guess. The whole experience definitely lacks in comparison to other character meals.