PDA

View Full Version : OOP POFQ food court breakfasts?

sjv919
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi, DGF and I are changing our dates to go to WDW next August on bounceback for free dining (we plan to get it from our September weekend trip).

We discussed it for a while tonight after deciding to go for FD next year and will be at POFQ (if we can't get a better room discount deal), so we would get the regular dining plan. We discussed how this would only be 2 meals a day each and briefly considered the deluxe, but that's a little too MUCH food and time in restaurants and too much money for a week (and we're already treating ourselves to it for our September weekend trip).

What we've decided we might want to do is stick to the free dining plan we'd be entitled to and pay out of pocket for breakfasts at the food court, and split the larger breakfasts some days and get our own food some days. Would it be enough to set aside, give or take, $60 for some shared, some not shared food court breakfasts? We would probably use our resort mugs for water or something in the morning to drink to cut that cost.

jcieutat
08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
The POFQ breakfast is around $8 for the largest platter. We do OOP for breakfast every year at this resort. My wife and I split the breakfast. We pack an extra suitcase with waters and snacks (Southwest) so I am not sure about the mugs.

CandiceH
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
on the mornings we eat at the hotel, we plan to pay OOP. We are also staying at POFQ. . . cheapest meal we've had at disney.. .so those are the ones we elected to pay OOP for.

POOHsie
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Last time I stayed at POFQ, I would get the Croissant Breakfast Sandwich (full-size Croissant stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese - $5.99). I'd cut it in half, then DD and I would share. I'd get Refillable mugs of iced tea and/or coffee and bring the whole thing back to our room. I'd get tired of that sometimes, so then I'd get fruit & yogurt, or cereal & milk (there was enough milk left over to drink as my beverage).

sjv919
08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
So price is good for oop...how's the food quality/taste? It's our first time at POFQ.

ArmyWife3-4
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
POFQ is our favorite resort, and we really enjoy the food at the food court. It's quite good quality and taste, and the prices are reasonable. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

A little off topic, but have you ever thought about bringing breakfast food with you? We always bring PB&J and crackers, oatmeal, etc. to make in the room. Not only does this save us money, but it also gets us out the door to the parks much faster! There are lots of breakfast items you can pack in a suitcase and make in the room with bowls, knives, etc. that you bring on your own and heat the water up in the coffee pot. Just a thought! :)

Lumiere Lover
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Love POFQ, and I thought the breakfast at the food court was good.

sjv919
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Good to hear the food court is good! That will make it easy to utilize as needed :rotfl:

POFQ is our favorite resort, and we really enjoy the food at the food court. It's quite good quality and taste, and the prices are reasonable. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

A little off topic, but have you ever thought about bringing breakfast food with you? We always bring PB&J and crackers, oatmeal, etc. to make in the room. Not only does this save us money, but it also gets us out the door to the parks much faster! There are lots of breakfast items you can pack in a suitcase and make in the room with bowls, knives, etc. that you bring on your own and heat the water up in the coffee pot. Just a thought! :)

First - I saw in your signature about adopting from Ethiopia and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yay: That's so exciting and so awesome! :goodvibes

Also - thanks for the idea about using the coffee pot for heating up the water to make stuff for breakfast, we were gonna grab a box of cereal and some milk but totally didn't think about that, thanks! We'll probably end up eating in the room sometimes and in the food court somtimes :)

CandiceH
08-27-2012, 08:52 PM
So price is good for oop...how's the food quality/taste? It's our first time at POFQ.

well that depends on your standards. . .. the potatoes are very generic and are the same cubed potatoes that are served pretty much at all the restaurants in bulk and pretty much every time I got them they were undercooked and/or old. the eggs are a liquid mix. . . I do love the mickey waffles though. The coffee is crap. I really disliked their link sausage, not sure why. . the texture was very off putting to me. But overall, it's fine for a quick breakfast.

LONES
08-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I've been very satisfied with the quick serve breakfast options at POFQ. DH and I have shared the Bounty Platter, which runs about $8.00. Another option is to walk up to PO-Riverside. They have an omelet station that is quite good, and it's cooked fresh when ordered. That also is in the $8.00 neighborhood.

tinkerbella16
08-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I also thought the food court at POFQ was good, but POR is even better with a little more options.. I am easy when it comes to breakfast in WDW.. as long as the place has Mickey Waffles, I am one happy girl! I have a Mickey Waffle each morning! :thumbsup2

soccer mom
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
My husband and I share a counter meal for breakfast and another one for lunch. We are not interested in fast food meals at all and eat them just to keep going until we get to the good meal at dinner! The snacks are, of course, for beignets if we are staying at POFQ! :)

MHSweb79
08-28-2012, 02:37 PM
The regular dining plan is PLENTY of food. You get dessert with both lunch & dinner, so you can get muffins or pastries to save (ask for them to go) and use for breakfast.

We like to split the breakfast platter at POFQ, which comes with both a Mickey waffle and a biscuit. We just ask for a second waffle instead of the biscuit (which New Englanders don't consider breakfast food anyway) and it's plenty.

We often end up with leftover snack credits (we really lose our appetites in the brutal heat & humidity) so these can be used for breakfast as well. You can get a side of scrambled eggs with one snack credit at POFQ and that's a pretty good breakfast too.

EvilQueenT
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
we stay at pofq quite frequently and share also. we do the refill mugs only when our vaca is for a full week or we have it planned in our trip to go back to the hotel mid day to swim on most days (we do this on our summer trips but not fall/winter) otherwise we just keep drinks in the frig in the room. when the mug isn't part of the ticket/room package it's about $13 per mug so you have to use it multiple times to get your money's worth. overall the breakfasts offered at pofq are a lot of food so i wouldn't worry about it but if you find for whatever reason it's a little short when you share a meal just add an extra side item.

Granfan
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
I was happy with the waffles there. Also, the oatmeal (not instant) for a snack credit was good and filling. You put as much topping as you like- brown sugar, raisins, etc. I forgot to try the beignets, but have heard they are good there. It's best to go early if plan to eat a full breakfast. I enjoyed POFQ.