PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan of Action for our Disneymoon

Martha144
08-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I've made a few ADRs for our upcoming trip, but we will not be on the DDP because I got a killer deal through Orbitz on our room at AKL.
DAY 1
We plan to get lunch in Downtown Disney at Earl of Sandwich
Dinner Reservations at Boma (very excited about this, we've heard many good things)

DAY 2- Magic Kingdom
No ADRs but we plan on having lunch at Columbia Harbor House and I'm not sure about dinner yet.

DAY 3 EPCOT
We have an ADR for Les Chefs de France at 12:30, I've never eaten here. anyone have thoughts good or bad?
I was thinking CS at Tangerine Cafe for dinner.

DAY 4 Hollywood Studios
Not sure where to go for lunch.
We have dinner reservations at The Brown Derby at 6:30

Day 5-9 Disney Cruise

Day 10
We currently have reservations at Artist's Point at 7:20 and also reservations off Disney property at Seasons 52, so I need to chose one. Since September is Magical Dining Month we would be saving some money going to Seasons 52 but I have heard wonderful things about Artist's Point. Suggestions?

CopperWife
08-27-2012, 03:14 PM
We stayed at AKL on our honeymoon and loved Boma. So much so, that we ate there three times for dinner :)

I haven't dined at any of the other places you mentioned, but you are good to go with Boma :thumbsup2

Pakey
08-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Earl of Sandwich is good.

Boma is nice although it's my least favorite of the 3 restaurants at AKL/AKV. We are not big eaters so it's almost impossible to get our money's worth at a buffet. The food at Boma is very good for a buffet IMO.

Columbia Harbor House is a nice counter service. It's my favorite at MK.

Chefs de France is okay for lunch. It's not my favorite at World Showcase but it's not my least favorite either.

Tangierine Cafe is my favorite counter service at all of WDW. I like it better than many of the TS at WDW.

Counter service options at DHS are not the greatest. Brown Derby is one of my favorites.

Artist Point is a very nice restaurant. It is not a must have for me but it's good. If the menu really appeals to you, I'd keep it.

ArmyWife3-4
08-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Artist Point is our all time favorite at WDW. Great atmosphere and the food is second to none!

Went to Les Chefs last year, and the food was good from what I remember. Not out of this world, but worth a stop. Remy is a nice treat too! :)

Boma is hands down our favorite buffet. Where else can you try so many new and unique foods?!

Tangerine Cafe is our favorite counter service.

I think you made great choices! All places I would pick!