View Full Version : Tusker House lunch question...
08-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi all, if lunch ends at 2:45 at TH and we have a 2:35 res, how does this work for characters? Dinner menu starts at 3:45 with no characters so I'm concerned if we have the late lunch res we're going to get jipped on time spent with characters. We've never done a character meal before so I want to make sure we get the most out of it. Thanks! :)
08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
1) Characters go when dinner starts.
2) Based upon how many customers, sometimes a little earlier for some of them.
3) Also, when busy, sometimes lunch ressies don't get in on time.
4) In fact, there are times when lunch folks don't get in unto 3:45pm or later.
08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
So if you don't get seated say until 3:45 for your lunch, and dinner starts then, the characters are gone and you're not actually getting the character meal you booked? Doesn't seem very Disney to me, may have to re-think the late ressie. Thank you!!!
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
We had a breakfast at TH and it was great, so I can't comment on how that particular restaurant handles things at lunch. However we ate at Cape May we had one of the last ressies of the morning. Given they don't have lunch service but someone came around a double checked that everyone had indeed seen all of the characters. I would think they would do some kind of the same thing for TH. I would check in around 2 and hopefully you will at least be seated at your actual reservation time.
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
. . . dinner starts then, the characters are gone and you're not actually getting the character meal you booked? Doesn't seem very Disney to me, may have to re-think the late ressie . . .
1) Remember, this doesn't happen all that often.
2) But, for very busy days, there is a chance.
3) As an example, tomorrow (8/28/12) Tusker is vasty oversold. *
4) So, there are good chances both breakfast and dinner will run late.
5) In the past, this has been as much as 30-45 minutes beyond ADR time.
EDIT: I just spoke with one of the four Tusker characters. They try to make sure
that everyone sees the characters AT LEAST ONCE. However, the characters are
gone 3:00pm-3:15pm. If it looks like you might miss out, speak to one of the
wranglers (character attendants) to have them get the characters to you.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.