PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider Sanaa to be a walk in?

AllieMallie
08-27-2012, 10:07 AM
...or should I make an ADR for dinner? This is for a party of 2 adults. We're just not sure what time we're going to be done with AK and what time we'll want to eat dinner. I'm considering risking it and just walking in and hoping for the best. Looking at the reservations site it seems like there is a lot of availability for Sept. 18.

Pakey
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
We did a walk in during 4th of July week for a late lunch; the place was empty. Our prior 2 visits were for dinner. Once was a Saturday night and the place was full-even with an ADR we had to wait for a table; the other time was a week night and there were several empty tables.

AllieMallie
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
We did a walk in during 4th of July week for a late lunch; the place was empty. Our prior 2 visits were for dinner. Once was a Saturday night and the place was full-even with an ADR we had to wait for a table; the other time was a week night and there were several empty tables.

Ok, good. Sept. 18th is a Tuesday. With a small party and that being a weekday, I'm kind of hopeful. :)

NicoleLarson
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I would suggest this and only because that's free dining and you never know. I would make a ressie for a bit later than what you plan on going there. Then if you are there early, they will probably seat you anyways. I would just rather be safe than sorry. Case in point, last year we made a lunch ressie the same day, my husband thought I was crazy because there was still a lot of availability. When we got there, they were telling people 30-45 min. We had to wait like 5-10 for our ressie.
Another example is when we went to Cape May for breakfast. I saw several ressies still available but we weren't sure if we could make any of them (long story), so I didn't book it. When we got there, which was the time of the ressies that I saw, we had to wait over 45 min for a table.
So long story short, I'm sure they won't turn you away but you may have to wait when it wasn't necessary to.

AllieMallie
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I would suggest this and only because that's free dining and you never know. I would make a ressie for a bit later than what you plan on going there. Then if you are there early, they will probably seat you anyways. I would just rather be safe than sorry. Case in point, last year we made a lunch ressie the same day, my husband thought I was crazy because there was still a lot of availability. When we got there, they were telling people 30-45 min. We had to wait like 5-10 for our ressie.
Another example is when we went to Cape May for breakfast. I saw several ressies still available but we weren't sure if we could make any of them (long story), so I didn't book it. When we got there, which was the time of the ressies that I saw, we had to wait over 45 min for a table.
So long story short, I'm sure they won't turn you away but you may have to wait when it wasn't necessary to.

Good point. Just booked a 5:30 ressie. We might come in a little earlier for dinner since AK closes at 5. :thumbsup2

cwt580
08-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Always show early. Its gonna take few to get to Sanaa from AK if u stay till closing.buses will b busy.

Dont think u can walk to AKL from AK.

NoOrdinaryPrincess
08-28-2012, 06:53 AM
I successfully walked in in January. Best secret find of our trip!