PDA

View Full Version : AOA Dining

cp'ersmom
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Can anyone share their experience at the restaurant there? Sounds like a good place for a vegetarian.

lilipad
08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
We ate in the cafeteria there several times during our stay. It wasn't bad at all. I know some people had posted about wait times, confusion, etc at the beginning. I think they've worked a lot of the kinks out and, while we were there 2 weeks ago, they were surveying people to get their feedback. To me, that shows they're really trying to make it work.

Regarding the options, yes there are a number of veg options for you. I think there's at least one veg option per counter. There's about 4 counters for every meal. Each one serves a different menu type item. For breakfast, there's the waffle, exotic, eggs and pancake stations. There's also a cereal bar, donuts/bagels, and then cold items (ie milk, yogurt, to go things) in the fridge. For lunch/dinner there are salad/sandwiches, exotic (tandoor cooked fish/chicken/butternut squash/naan), make your own pasta and then burgers.

I ate from just about every station except pasta (I think they may also have pizza, but don't quote me on that). The veggie burger is yummy. It's not your garden burger but some house made concoction with a fried green tomato on top. It's a bit messy to eat with your hands so I opted for a knife and fork. That's how I roll with these things. It had grains and legumes and other things inside. It was a nice change.

Like I said, there's veg options at each station. I'm not sure about vegan options. I know that WDW has seen a lot more vegetarians in recent years and have gone out of their way to help them out. When we were at Crystal Palace, the chef came out to talk to our neighbors (who were veg). He walked them around to show them which ones would be ok. They did this for my dh as well b/c of his shrimp allergy. If you have any questions or concerns, they will definitely help you out.

cp'ersmom
08-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the reply, that's really helpful!

Kay1
08-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I tried AOA with my disabled son and it was wonderful. I wanted to try the Asian counter but ended up (sigh) at the burger counter where he got a plain burger and I got the excellent (but not veg) Surf 'n Surf burger.

I hope you have a great meal.

:)