PDA

View Full Version : Fried Ice Cream - Anywhere in the world?

funhouse8
08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi my DD and I were talking last night and she said she always wanted to try Fried Ice Cream. We are going to Disney in Nov for the Food and Wine, Can we get it there? Do they serve this anywhere else? Thanks:goodvibes

Buckimion
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Maya Grill at CSR says they have it on their own website which is purported to be the most accurate.

http://www.mayagrillrestaurant.com/menus.html

dzneelvr
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I had this once at St. Angel in the Mexico pavillion/EPCOT. Check their menu to see if it's still offered. Totally YUMMY :thumbsup2

JimmyV
08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Menus change, so don't hold me to it. But I know that I have seen it on the menu at San Angel and once at bluezoo.

sb127
08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
The first time we had Fried ice cream was at the Golf Resort in the early 80's. Loved the restaurant at this resort (especially the crab leg appetizers)! I have not had it since then. We have not eaten at the restaurants mentioned so I cannot comment on where you would get it now. So many wonderful Disney memories!

MCoryB
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi my DD and I were talking last night and she said she always wanted to try Fried Ice Cream. We are going to Disney in Nov for the Food and Wine, Can we get it there? Do they serve this anywhere else? Thanks:goodvibes

If you don't want to wait that long, or if you happen to not find it during your trip, just go to nearly any Mexican restaurant near you, and they'll most likely have it. Our local one uses corn flakes as the coating on the ice cream then pours strawberry and chocolate sauces on it. SO GOOD. :)

funhouse8
08-27-2012, 05:06 PM
If you don't want to wait that long, or if you happen to not find it during your trip, just go to nearly any Mexican restaurant near you, and they'll most likely have it. Our local one uses corn flakes as the coating on the ice cream then pours strawberry and chocolate sauces on it. SO GOOD. :)

I don't know why I didn't think of this. :rotfl2:LOL It would be so much easier to get since we won't have a car and are staying at AKL. I have to go check our local menus now. Thanks. :thumbsup2

firecracker725
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of this. :rotfl2:LOL It would be so much easier to get since we won't have a car and are staying at AKL. I have to go check our local menus now. Thanks. :thumbsup2

I was wondering. :rotfl2: I mean I know the Mexican food gets worse the further you get from Texas, but c'mon...there has to be fried ice cream in NY!

gojoe
08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
If you are just looking for Fried Ice Cream they have it a kiosk on the Boardwalk. The Funnel Cake Kiosk (http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/wdw/BoardwalkFunnel.shtml)