PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Anniversary meal for my parents! Please help!

Jozymouse
08-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello!

My parents will be spending their 47th wedding anniversary in Disney World in October. Although, we are not travelling with them, i got them a $200 Disney giftcard so they could treat themself to a nice meal on that special day. I would also like to order for them the mini castle cake available only at the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Yatch and Boardwalk bakeries. I've been to all the signature restos but cant make up my mind on which i should reserve for their anniversary dinner....Cali grill, Flying fish or Narcoossees, these are my favorites.

Please help! :)
THANKS!
Jozy

rcraw45425
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Send them here to look at menus and decide from there. What you may love they may not....

Pakey
08-27-2012, 10:46 AM
As a somewhat older person, I would not pick any of the 3 you selected, OP. All are too noisy and not what I would consider special or romantic.

My top choice would be V&A. It's fantastic. $200 wouldn't cover it though. My next 3 choices would be the upscale restarants at the Swan/Dolphin but they do not accept Disney gift cards.

So after that I would pick Citricos or Artist Point with a later reservation to provide a better chance at a quieter dining experience. I prefer Citricos menu a little over AP.

sabcook
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Victoria and Alberts, hands down.

myladyisatramp
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
For my 30th Anniversary dinner we went to Narcoossee.....It was fabulous they gave us a menu with our name on it saying Happy Anniversary I made the reservations to coincide with Wishes fireworks so we saw the fireworks from there was truly MAGICAL.....You can also see them from California Grill and I would think that they may do the same if they know its an anniversary... I like the food better at Narcoossee.

SamSam
08-27-2012, 05:48 PM
For my 30th Anniversary dinner we went to Narcoossee.....It was fabulous they gave us a menu with our name on it saying Happy Anniversary I made the reservations to coincide with Wishes fireworks so we saw the fireworks from there was truly MAGICAL.....You can also see them from California Grill and I would think that they may do the same if they know its an anniversary... I like the food better at Narcoossee.

I agree. Narcoossee's is wonderful if you can time your dining time with Wishes fireworks.

Actually Dh and I eat there every trip whether we can time it with Wishes or not, we love the food and the service.

Wicket's Mom
08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Last year my DH & I went to Narcossee"s for our 45th anniversary. It was very nice & the food was good. This year we are trying Fulton's Fish House for our 46th anniversary.

Jozymouse
08-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks to all of you! Well, i want this to be a surprise until the very last moment because if i ask them to choose a restaurant, they will know something's going on. Also my budget is $200 and i think it would be rude to send them at V&A and ask them to pay for the difference!!! ahah So i think i will go to Narcoossee, I love the idea of timing it with the fireworks! Can you see the fireworks from the restaurant (from your table)? I cant remember. Thanks again!