PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 5 favourite restaurants and why?

WeeScotchLass
08-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

I know I have my favourite Disney restaurant whether it is a tradition thats a 'must-do' every trip or a place that has me drooling at the thought of steak over a year later (Yachtsman Steakhouse, this means you!:rotfl: ) So I thought it might be fun to find out where other folks love to eat on property, QS or TS, tell me where you love to eat (it'll really help with my planning too: added bonus!)

My favourites are (in no particular order):
1- Crystal Palace: first morning breakfast tradition, I can't think of a better way to start my vacation than in the middle of Magic Kingdom
2- Cali Grill: The service, the food, the view - all amazing. I have never been disappointed when dining here.
3- Hoop Dee Doo Review: Despite not being blown away by the food I LOVE it here, the atmosphere has always been brilliant!
Tied 4- Starring Rolls/French Patisserie/Main Street Bakery: Peanut Butter and Butterfinger Cupcakes /Napoleons and cheese and ham croissant/the SMELL!!!! All enough to make me drool and definitely satisfies my sweet tooth.
5th- Yachtsman Steakhouse: As already mentioned the steak still has me reminiscing over a year later as do the scallops, one of the best meals I have ever eaten!

So those are mine, where do you love to eat? :goodvibes

sephorachick
08-27-2012, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=WeeScotchLass;45957757]Hi all,

I know I have my favourite Disney restaurant whether it is a tradition thats a 'must-do' every trip or a place that has me drooling at the thought of steak over a year later (Yachtsman Steakhouse, this means you!:rotfl: ) So I thought it might be fun to find out where other folks love to eat on property, QS or TS, tell me where you love to eat (it'll really help with my planning too: added bonus!)

My favorites are (in no particular order):
1- Le cEllier is hands down my & husbands favorite place to get a steak altho we are trying yachtsmen first time this upcoming trip! :)
2-Alfredo's- I miss it dearly. The ambiance food & service was amazing. I try to go there whenever I'm in NYC.
3-Brown Derby- I tried this last trip & was bvery surprised how amazing it was. the service there was excellent as well. my favorite mixed drink is served here. ask for a peachtree!
4-Biergarten- i'm a huge beer fan & love the show food & beer!
5-Whispering canyon- you gotta love bottomless milkshakes & BBQ. :yay:

jcieutat
08-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Ohana - The food and the bread pudding
Le Cellier - The pretzel bread and obviously the mushroom filet
Whispering Canyon Cafe - The food, milkshakes, and apple pie

We are trying a few new ones this year (Yachtsman's, San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi Drive-inn, etc). My girls are getting a little older so we are scrapping a few of the character meals since they see characters all day long in the park! I would have added two more but the above three have been heads above any other restaurant we have eaten at over the last decade!

susieq76
08-27-2012, 07:41 AM
My top 5

1. Hoop Dee Doo Review. My children went into their piggy banks and offered to pay to go this year, thats how much we love it. Not so much the food as the slapstick humor and fun that the show is to us. We did it on my youngest's first Christmas with extended family and have every trip since.

2. Chef Mickey's breakfast. This is our first day breakfast every trip. We love the characters and the essential Disney this restaurant is. Sadly, the food is not as good as it used to be.

3. Coral Reef. We have always enjoyed the food here as well as eating with our giant Turtle friends staring at us. We used to go here every year for my husbands birthday (we always went to disney then) and have the divers come with the sign :( Sad that has ended but still love it.

4. Biergarten. My husband and I love to meet new people, love german food and beer and the kids love to dance the chicken dance with the band. Seriously, we love the whole atmosphere and this is always on DH's must do list.

5. Le Cellier. This year will be the first time we are not going here :( We are trying some new places and it didn't make the cut due to the 2 credit status. We do love the food here though!

behawk2003
08-27-2012, 07:47 AM
There are so many tasty restaurants! Our top 5 are:
1-Artist Point
Really, one can only say YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY. I have never been let down here and we go every trip, since it was opened.
2-Narcoossees
We have only recently discovered this one and wow what a great discovery!
3-Casey's on Main Street
HOT DOGS!!! Tasty ones too!
4-Crystal Palace for breakfast
I am sure it is good for every meal but there is something so special about it for breakfast
5-Tie between Boulangerie Patisserie and Hoop de Doo
I know, what kind of tie is that? The Hoop might have ok food but what a fantastic atmosphere! And French bakery - really? Where does one go wrong there??
Thanks for asking a question to put me in my favorite place :)

hailbug
08-27-2012, 09:54 AM
My top 5 are:

Teppan Edo- good food and entertaining chefs
Yak & Yeti- good food love the sorbet trio
Coral Reef- good food awesome atmosphere
Cape May Clambake- snow crab legs!!
Beaches and Cream- no way jose is to die for

Pakey
08-27-2012, 09:56 AM
In order:

1. Victoria & Alberts. It's one of the top 50 restaurants in the US, the only one in Florida ranked this high. The food and personal service is fantastic and it's less expensive than many of the other top 50s I have tried.

2. bluezoo. It's not on the dining plan, which means more adult atmosphere and better menu selections. The menu is almost completely fish and seafood which is my favorite thing to eat when at a restaurant. I love that it has a raw bar and the mixologists here make amazing martinis.

3. Il Mulino. It's not on the dining plan. It's the best Italian at WDW and the wine selection is excellent. Also, Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and they have a great one here.

4. Shulas. It's not on the dining plan. Although I'm not a steak eater, I am happy getting one here.

5. Flying Fish. Although not nearly as good as bluezoo, it's still fish!!!

sabcook
08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
1. Victoria and Alberts - the food is so good - it tops my list of any restaurant, anywhere.
2. Artist Point - Salmon and Berry Cobbler - 'nuff said.
3. Crystal Palace - we also have a tradition of first breakfast here - a great way to start the trip, meet characters, and have a great b-fast to boot.
4. Citricos - Often overlooked but stupendous food.
5. Jiko - love the flatbread and other foods and the ambiance can't be beat.

Karabee
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
For me:
Citrico's - Amazing food and service
Fulton's - I could just eat the crab & lobster bisque and be happy
Tangierine Cafe - This place offers a nice QS option that's not chicken sandwiches or burgers.
California Grill - The sashimi here was excellent and will keep me going back
Ghiradelli - Not a meal but I love my ice cream!

MagicKingdomMama
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Yachtsman - I have NEVER had a bad meal there. It is always delicious and service is always just as good!
Wolfgang Pucks Cafe - It is a perfect place to bring the kids without worrying they might disturb others and have a nice atmosphere and meal as well.
Coral Reef - I LOOVE seafood and this place is just unique and fun, it is so very hard to get a reso though.
Brown Derby - Their food is just amazing!
Kimonos - They have some pretty delicious cocktails.. not to mention sushi!!!

We will be trying a few new places this trip. The Wave, Bluezoo, and maybe Shula's.

bedogged
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
My top five as of today are:

Narcoossees - Always had a great meal and service here!

California Grill - Wonderful food, lots of fun.

Citrico's - They always make people feel special here. More adult.

Brown Derby - Best filet! A great break from the park.

Tie between Artist Point and Jiko. Both wonderful in their own right.

jerseybean
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
1) ohanna- Beef, Beef and more Beef! O, and they do a Yummy banna Pudding.:cool1::thumbsup2

2) yachtmans steakhouse - best Steak. need i say any more....

3) 50's Primetime - Atomsphere and big thick milkshakes.

4) Boma - nice selection of food and its all you can eat!:cool1:

5) whispering canyon - don't forget to ask for ketchup!!!:rolleyes1

NoOrdinaryPrincess
08-28-2012, 06:52 AM
(In no particular order)
1) cape May clambake
2) Le Cellier
3) tangerine cafe
4) earl of sandwich (and cheap, too)
5) Sanaa

RocketEAR99
08-28-2012, 07:08 AM
1. 'Ohana - I love the oak fire grilled food and the service and Polynesian atmosphere.
2. Sci-Fi Dine-In - Again, big fan of the retro atmosphere. The food is a notch up from Drive-In but not too over the top to keep it retro.
3. Kona Cafe - Two words: Tonga Toast!
4. Olivia's Cafe - Great service, low dinner crowd, relaxed atmosphere and a superb prime rib!
5. Le Cellier Steakhouse - Amazing Filet Mignon and I enjoy the dimly lit wine cellar atmosphere.

AimeeMichele
08-28-2012, 01:18 PM
In no particular order

1. Tutto Italia (loved their lasagna and their espresso martini)
2. Chef Mickey's (been going ever since I was a little girl and still love it)
3. Hoop Dee Doo Review (more for the show / humor than the food for sure)
4. San Angel (love the ambiance and margaritas...like the food)
5. Narcoossee's (great food, great service, great everything)

DisneySweetheart
08-28-2012, 02:01 PM
1. Be Our Guest (I know...Haven't eaten there YET, but soooo looking forward to it!

2. California Grill- The sushi was amazing!

3. 'Ohana- I love the Thai noodles, peanut sauce and dumplings...My husband loves the meat that they keep bringing to the table.

4. Le Cellier- Cozy place, great steak and Canadian Beer!!!! :)

5. San Angel Inn- I've only had one good meal there and it was YEARS ago and not on the menu anymore...But I LOVE the atmosphere in there.

amberpi
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
1. V&A
2. Blue Zoo
3. Il Muliano
4. Shula's
5. Bistro de Paris - that was before it was on the DDP as we skipped it in May for our last trip and it will not be reopened for our Sept. trip. I am trying to keep an open mind about it.

Honorable Mentions: Cal Grill and Kimono's sushi.

Childhood favorites with my folks every year which still have a soft spot in my heart, especially for lunch when my standards aren't as high:

San Angel Inn
Cal Grill/Top of the World
Marrakesh
Le Cellier (WAY before the DDP)

We will grab a lunch ADR on the fly or do a walkup for lunch often for San Angel Inn and Marrakesh - the interiors still remind me of falling in love with Epcot (San Angel Inn, my little 6 year old brain was blown away that we could eat beside a ride in 86) and my first Moroccan meal at Marrakesh. I loved the food and my folks let me have a sip of their spicy red wine. I thought I was SO grown up and sophisticated. My brother has the same exact feelings. I think that's what's great about WDW, the memories that you can revisit every time you step through the gates.

Tanyabeth8
08-28-2012, 02:14 PM
1. Jiko
2. Yachtsman Steakhouse
3. Raglan Road
4. Marrakesh
5. California Grill/Brown Derby tie

bound4wdw
08-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Current list
1. Beaches and Cream
2. Boulangerie Patisserie
3. 50's Prime Time Cafe
4. Crystal Palace
5. Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Will be trying in September:
1. Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
2. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
3. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
4. Les Chefs de France
5. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
6. Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

So the list will probably be changed.

daizieduck
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm listing six because five is not enough! :upsidedow

Le Cellier for the cheese soup and pretzel bread and the filet mignon and risotto!

'Ohana. Enjoyable food and the atmosphere. It underscores the fact that I am on vacation!

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. It's such a fun theme and the food is consistently good.

Kouzzina. Love the fisherman stew and warm donuts. They make yummy tasting brussels sprouts and I don't even like brussels sprouts!

Rose and Crown. Love the Bangers and Mash. I enjoy eating outside here if it's a nice day. Nice view of the lagoon.

Fulton's Crabhouse. Amazing seafood. Don't think we have ever had a bad meal here. Great service.

JimmyV
08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
1. Victoria and Albert's-if you have to ask why, then you just haven't been paying attention! All this, and they allow corkage.

2. bluezoo-Our family could be the poster family for "eat seafood two times a week". For us, it is more like three or four. And when we dine out, we generally prefer seafood because an accomplished kitchen can do so much more with fish than it can with meat. A steak is a steak. But a nice piece of halibut can become so many different things in the right hands. They do everything well here. And they allow corkage.

3. California Grill-Maybe it is fond memories of the space when it was the Top of the World. Maybe it was my first visit with my wife, just the two of us, when we literally closed the place down, sitting and eating at the bar, chatting with Ray, who generously poured us taste after taste (big ones too), of wines from open bottles after learning of our passion for wine. And while none of those pours showed up on the bill, he made it back in tips. Maybe it was the great memory of seeing Sheman Helmsley at a nearby table and buying him a drink in thanks for all the laughs he gave us, and him inviting us to sit with his group while we chatted for an hour. Maybe it was the introduction of Yoshi's sushi menu. Maybe it was the way my DD was treated the first time she dined there. Maybe it is the Reserve Wine List. No one thing about the California Grill equates to the high regard I give it, at least not in comparison to some of the extraordinary meals I have had in the best restaurants on the planet. But the totality of all of my experiences here keeps drawing me back.

4. Shula's. OK. So this goes against my "steak is boring" mantra. I eat steak in restaurants very infrequently. Maybe three times a year. But when I do have one, this is as good a place as any to get it. And the Lobster Mac-N-Cheese side dish counts as seafood, right? And they allow corkage.

5. (Tie) Il Mulino and Flying Fish-I've been to FF way more times, so I have had more experiences and all have been positive. I've only been to Il Mulino five or six times, but from what I have had, I am impressed. And they allow corkage.

grrrlennyl
08-28-2012, 02:31 PM
In no particular order...

1. Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater
2. 'Ohana (for breakfast - never been there for dinner)
3. Electric Umbrella (that black bean burger!)
4. Cosmic Ray's (a lot of it is that I remember it from when I was a kid, but I do like unlimited pickles)
5. Tortuga Tavern

I'm sure this will change after my December trip, though.

starousse
08-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Flying Fish- overall best meal
California Grill- great sushi, atmosphere
Jiko- great food, great atmosphere
O'Hana- relaxed fun food and atmosphere
Liberty Tree Tavern- Best salad ever!!

riostoker
08-28-2012, 09:24 PM
No particular order

'Ohana breakfast
'Ohana dinner
Earl of Sandwich
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon

stormer
09-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Yachtsman - great atmosphere and great steak
Ohanas breakfast - fun time and good choices. My kids love the breakfast potatoes.
LeCelier - love the risotto
Via Napoli - great four cheese pizza

Mousemommy1
09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
(In no particular order)

1) Le Cellier

2) Ohana

3) Artist Point

4) Whispering Canyon Cafe

5) Via Napoli

Biergarten used to be in our top 5 must do's, however, after our trip in July, we realized that it was more of the atmosphere that we liked, and DH loves to be able to get a liter of beer. But, we have decided that if he wants the liter of beer, he can get it from the bar in the waiting area. The food there is really just okay.

ddluvsdisney
09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
1. Narcoossees
2. Cali Grill
3. Flying Fish
4. Sci-Fi (must do for my family)
5. Le Chefs de France

Jessij25
09-01-2012, 08:29 AM
In order:

1. Victoria & Alberts. It's one of the top 50 restaurants in the US, the only one in Florida ranked this high. The food and personal service is fantastic and it's less expensive than many of the other top 50s I have tried.

2. bluezoo. It's not on the dining plan, which means more adult atmosphere and better menu selections. The menu is almost completely fish and seafood which is my favorite thing to eat when at a restaurant. I love that it has a raw bar and the mixologists here make amazing martinis.

3. Il Mulino. It's not on the dining plan. It's the best Italian at WDW and the wine selection is excellent. Also, Tiramisu is my favorite dessert and they have a great one here.

4. Shulas. It's not on the dining plan. Although I'm not a steak eater, I am happy getting one here.

5. Flying Fish. Although not nearly as good as bluezoo, it's still fish!!!

I think I want to try your list!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

wdwfan1
09-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Narcoossee's good food, good servce
LeCellier love it since it was a cafeteria
Plaza nice atmosphere, good sandwiches and ice cream
50's prime time fun place, reasonably priced, love the pot roast and chicken
Teppan Edo like the food and watching preparation is fun
Gardenview love the English atmosphere and it is a change of pace

WeeScotchLass
09-01-2012, 09:11 AM
My post has re-surfaced :) Some of these are very quickly making their way up my list of places to visit, yum yum yum.

Really fancy giving Blue Zoo a try, it's been on my mind for a while and as SO and I love seafood it may be added to our list for a non-DDP night.

It's really becoming difficult deciding where to eat, so many good places, at least I have more than a year to finalise the list.

mickeysbestfriend
09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I'll stick to those that are still open:

50's Prime Time-great food and atmosphere
LTT-lunch here is fantastic
Chefs de France-lunch-the ham and cheese sandwich and the oinio soup are great
LE Cellier-lunch-steak and potato skillet is heavenly
Beirgarten-lunch fills up enough to make it through the rest of the day!

Honorable mention-EOS, Kringles, Lotus Cafe, Flame Tree, Ohana'

We don't dine at expensive places at home so would never feel comfortable at V&A or Cali Grill

Since we use the TIW se only dine at participating places

violinlover5661
09-01-2012, 03:35 PM
favorite places to eat (in no particular order)
-Le Cellier: Fillet Mignon, risotto, and pretzel bread. Need I say more?????
-Teppen Edo: love meeting other families there, quite enjoy the green tea, and the filet mignon is fabulous! I don't know what makes it taste so good, the lo mein is also wonderful
-Kona Cafe: This has been one of my favorites for awhile. The Kileau torte i have loved ever since I was a little girl. And the pot stickers and sticky wings make for a wonderful meal! (plus, you can get a dole whip afterwards at captain cooks, WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE?)
-Chrystal palace: the food here is actually quite good, and a buffet lunch in magic kingdom will keep me fueled until dinnertime. Plus, I love the characters, and just the overall atmosphere.
-Artist point: when we first came here, we fell in love with the filet mignon and the salmon. and the cobbler. and the mushroom soup. and the service. and even the little things, like taking a boat here from the magic kingdom-one of our favortes when we need a relaxing meal away from the parks.

Gosh-was that 5 already??? I've had so many great meals in disney, and these are just a few of my favorites. However, some honorable mentions that aren't in restaurants would be a pineapple dole whip, and nutella and fruit waffle sandwhich :D

Amy&Dan
09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Sci Fi: Love to eat in a car, under the stars, love the corny movie flicks, love the burgers, onion rings and shakes.

Yachtsmen: Really enjoy their filet and the atmosphere, we always ask and get Thomas for our server and he always takes very good care of us. Its also fun to eat a huge meal then stroll over to the World Showcase for Illuminations.

San Angel Inn: Really enjoy the food (especially in recent times since the menu changed and they stopped serving Tostitos lol) and love being inside the ride. Reminds me of the Blue Bayou at Disneyland.

Boma: Really enjoy the different foods that are unique to me and also love going over to AKL in general. The seafood gumbo and zebra domes alone make the trip over worth it to me!

POR Riverside Mill: The pasta bowl followed by something from the bakery (magic cookie bar or cobbler a la mode) put me in a carb coma that lasts for several days. Love this food court!

Scrappy_Tink
09-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I thought I'd already replied on this thread, but oh well, here goes. Though there aren't many restaurants I don't like, my two favorites are:

'Ohana - Okay, it either gets good wraps, or bad wraps....but 'Ohana has never done us wrong! Until we bought DVC, we usually stayed at Shades of Green, directly across from the Poly, which was why the restaurant was initially booked.

We've always, without fail, booked 'Ohana for the first night of our vacation! There's just something about the Poly atmosphere, the music, the "vibe" that puts us in the vacation mood!! :banana: First place I ever drank a Pina Colava!! :yay: I would eat there, even if all they sold were their stick-wings and bread pudding! :faint: Though I will admit, I miss their potatoes they had many years ago!!

and

Yachtsman Steakhouse - It's such a nice place to escape and relax. To me, it's always been a good place to unwind and have a fantastic meal at the end of the day. The atmosphere is usually quiet, the servers knowledgeable (this is the first place I had Rosa Regale (they had under label Magicale) I asked for "the sweetest wine they had" and I've been hooked on it since!! Don't get me started on their Cowboy Ribeye...the juiciest, most succulent steak I've ever eaten!! To me, Lecellier has nothing , with their noisy, crowded, dark, atmosphere on the Yachtsman!!