PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From Teens

chiapetsrcool
08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I am NOT a teen but am traveling to Disney with family friends who have kids ages 14 (boy), 10 (boy) and 6 (girl). I want to make sure the 14 year old isn't left out. Any advice on things to NOT miss for the 14 year old? I don't want him to think that everything we did was for the younger kids.

AngelStitch
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Definitely all of the thrill rides. Like Rock N' Roller Coaster and Tower of Tower. Those are things I always want to do. :)

scottmel
08-27-2012, 06:51 AM
My DD13 loves Disney and she is a thrill rider but much prefers disney atmosphere over the Universal atmosphere eventhough universal rides can be better for her age bracket.

Definately Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Everest, RnR, etc. There really is something in every park for teens.

What I love about Epcot is the various shows they do, snacking around the world DD calls it and seeing people from other countries who work in the shops, etc. This is quite interesting to her and Epcot is our favorite park.

MK has the least appeal to her but the most appeal to me. So I tend to let her pick where we make our dining reservations there and make sure I get her on Space Mountain Multiple times. MK can be open super late on EMH and she loves that - stayng at up a 2 AM riding ANYTHING Is cool to her. Something she is NOT a fan of is say WISHES or the parade, finds the parade sort of lame but likes to watch WISHES from the Poly Beach...

Not sure where you are staying but a lot of the pools have afternoon pool games. We stay at Beach Club and she loves joining in on volleyball games, name that tune, etc. I also give her a little independence here to go to the marketplace alone for a drink, etc.

We have gone every year since she was 3 and it never gets old. EVERY YEAR there is new stuff for her to see/do and appreciate more than she did the prior year.

I know Disneyquest is popular with teens, we hate it b/c of crowds, etc. but teens do love it there as well as Blizzard Beach, etc. He may REALLY enjoy that if he enjoys swimming.

Princess of the Sea
08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
There are some really cool arcades in WDW he can hang out at!

disneyfreak18
08-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Make sure to hit all of the thrill rides that the little ones might not enjoy as much. When I went at that age I really enjoyed spending time in the World Showcase. A fun thing to do there for a girl that age is getting a henna tattoo in Moracco. It's fun to do and it'll last the whole trip. Just make sure to get it early in the day so it has plenty of time to dry.

dduck5
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
All the thrill rides for sure. There is at least one in each park. I would recommend tasting foods from all around the world in EPCOT.