PDA

View Full Version : Special Gift for Special Tea! Give now, or wait?

Scrappy_Tink
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I am so excited about having my Sister coming to stay with me and DH in October at WDW, I haven't seen her for years, and I'm just besides myself with excitement!! :banana::banana::banana:

Anyway, as a special treat, I've made reservations for the two of us at the Grand Floridian for Afternoon Tea. :cutie: I found this wonderful lady on Etsy that custom made me and my sister some china pendants to wear during our tea, made from antique plates, I thought they'd be perfect for Tea!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/null-15.jpg

Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss....I'm thinkling of maybe sending it to her, with an "Official" invitation for Tea, that way, she can find something to wear with it...or wrap it and give it to her when I see her, and hope she brings something she can wear with it.

Which would you do? :goodvibes

mjtm610
08-26-2012, 08:14 PM
How wonderful! I would tell her about the Tea, but personally, I'd keep the gift a surprise.
First, you'll be able to see her face and excitement. Second, if she forgets it at home you would be disappointed/hurt.
Plus, I think when possible you should give gifts personally.

IMO

Scrappy_Tink
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
How wonderful! I would tell her about the Tea, but personally, I'd keep the gift a surprise.
First, you'll be able to see her face and excitement. Second, if she forgets it at home you would be disappointed/hurt.
Plus, I think when possible you should give gifts personally.

IMO

Thank you for the response! I really want to see her open it too, she already knows about the Tea. Maybe I'll just suggest something for her to bring to wear for tea.

disnut1149
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi
I think I would surprise her with everything!! I surprised my daughter-in-law with the Wishes Dessert party and it was great. I told her before we went to DW that I had a surprise for her. She couldn't wait to see what it was. I loved keeping her in suspense. Then she was wondering what we were in line for. It was a lot of fun. Have a great time with your sister!!

Ro Z
08-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't be able to keep the secret! But that's just me! Wish I could :goodvibes

Ro Z
08-26-2012, 09:10 PM
BTW. That pendant is beautiful! :love: