PDA

View Full Version : Got GC quotes from DU, booked mine today!

LuvTigger
05-09-2001, 09:33 PM
:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :p

I love these smiles!

Anyway, I just wanted to share some info I got from the patient and helpful people at Dreams Unlimited when I researched packages and prices.

Some notes:
- Dreams Unlimited has been great so far. I've asked LOTS of questions, and they always get back to me within the day.
- I did some comparison shopping by requesting quotes for room only and packages.
- Disney no longer offers DC discounts on room only (according to DU), but they do discount packages.
- I was able to get DC discounts on all the packages I requested quotes for during the second week of October.

These are some of the quotes I got, all for GC, for 2 adults:

Resort Magic Package, 3-nights standard view w/ 3-day park hopper, $994 w/ DC discount

Room Only, 3 nights theme park view, no discount, $1017.75

Resort Magic Package, 3-nights theme park view w/ 3-day park hopper, $1138 w/ DC discount

Resort Magic Package, 4-night theme park view concierge room w/ 4-day park hopper, $1497 w/ DC discount

For $11 per person extra (including tax), (a lot less for kids, something like $3-$4) you can upgrade the breakfast feature to a resort breakfast (as opposed to the counter service theme park breakfast). We added $22 (2 adults for to the $1138 we're paying for the 3 night theme park view w/ 3-day park hoppers for a total of $1160. When I requested a similar quote from the "official" Disney site, it came out to over $1200. I figured I'm saving at least $100 w/ DC (and maybe by using DU too).

Hope that's not too confusing, please post questions if you have any!

:jester:

tink2dw
05-12-2001, 02:50 AM
What does GC stand for??

LuvTigger
05-13-2001, 12:27 AM
GC = Grand Californian,
Disneyland Resort's newest hotel which looks absolutely gorgeous!