PDA

View Full Version : Mickey or Goofy cruise line phone call?

love280mickey
08-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I just signed up for this - but does anyone know what Mickey actually says on the call?

We're surprising our daughter with the Easter cruise - we're telling her on Christmas day. I have Mickey calling at 11:30, just wondering what he says though.

thx.

cruisinwithmaandpa
08-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Something like:

Hi ya pal, It's Mickey Mouse. I see you are traveling with us to the Bahamas. I can't wait to see you.

I don't remember every part of it but it is prettery generic.

Mom323
08-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Here is a link to a youtube video about the call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f5VSeMVnP8

chapmanfam
08-14-2012, 10:03 PM
We got our call tonight, and it was very exciting to hear Mickey chatter away about our cruise to the Bahamas! He sounded very upbeat and my youngest had a big grin on her face.

Yes, I cried. lol. I'm a sucker for all this kind of stuff.

What fun!! :)

mrsfuzzmo
08-15-2012, 08:07 AM
My husband and I are not necessarily Disney fans, but we are cruise fans and we just got an awesome deal on DCL Magic in Sept. That's last minute for us. Anyway, when I was registering, I saw the phone call option and thought i'd send a 'Goofy" message to my husband, knowing I would be with him the next day when he received the call.

It worked out PERFEcTLY! We were riding in the car and his cell rang. He didn't recognize the number of course, bu answered it to something like"I have someone special on the phone that wants to talk to you" with a Disney-esque background music playing. They asked him to Press 1 for the message. Of course he tried handing the phone off to me, but I just laughed and said "Just Listen". Once Goofy started talking we were in hysterics because it was so silly. (The idea of the phone call to two adults). We are still lauging about it....and also mimicking it as well.

(Said in a Goofey voice) "Uh-huu, uh-huu, uh-huu....Hey buddy, I hear your going on a cruise.....uh-huu, uh-huu, uh-huu"....

love280mickey
08-15-2012, 08:18 AM
good to know it tells you to press one.

I know you had to do it, but I didn't realize there would be an instruction to do so.

Now I know I can just have my dd answer the phone. I thought I would answer it, press one, and then the message would start and I would hand it off to her. Excellent, and sounds like fun!

damiel
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
So I signed up for the call last night, but I was given a number to call and then a pin number to use. When do you get the option to pick a time? I thought it would be fun to have Goofy call my DS age 15 while at football practice. I know it will embarass him but he will get a kick out of it.:rotfl2:

Laurie12820
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
So I signed up for the call last night, but I was given a number to call and then a pin number to use. When do you get the option to pick a time? I thought it would be fun to have Goofy call my DS age 15 while at football practice. I know it will embarass him but he will get a kick out of it.:rotfl2:

I think certain states have a different way of getting these calls. There is something down the bottom of the webpage with an "*" citing those specific states.