PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! What area of SSR?

butsy113
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm sure there is a post somewhere about this, but for the life of me I couldn't find one! Please help!

I am planning a split stay, 2 or 3 nights at SSR and 6 or 7 nights at AKV, for a total of 9 nights. We have never stayed at SSR before. The resort is so large and spread out, that I wanted to request an area in my reservation. My DS(10) and DD(9) will definitely want to ride the boat to DTD. Otherwise I don't know much about the resort.

Any recommendations on what area to stay at and things to do at the resort would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

FantasiaMagic
08-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I love SSR! Even though it is very big - it is a great resort.

I recommend staying at The Springs. It is right near the main area (lobby, springs, pool (w/slide), QS (Artist's Palette), community hall, gifts hop

My second request is to stay at the Paddock. This is farther away from the main area( you can walk across a bridge to get there) but has another great pool (w/ slide) and a great place to get breakfast/lunch/dinner poolside

And the boat - Its great! I love taking it to DTD. It's a quick and fun ride and you don't need to wait in line for the bus.

I would recommend looking on the disneyworld website and looking at SSR before you go just to get a feel of the resort and to learn more about it's great features.

Enjoy your stay at SSR/AKL (THEY are both great!!!!!!)

-FantasiaMagic :pixiedust

Pakey
08-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I have stayed at SSR 6 times and although it looks spread out, you will probably find you won't do any more walking there than you will at AKV (especially if you get on the end of the wings there).

I have stayed in all sections at SSR except Carousel. I probably like Paddock the best, followed by Congress Park, then Grandstand, then Springs. Springs is the closest to the Rock Springs Pool, Turf Club, Artist's Palette but all of the sections are a 5-7 minute walk away. I don't care for Springs because it's the last bus stop on the loop and because the store/counter service/etc is located there, that bus stop is usually crowded. Paddock has the new themed pool and counter service, is the 3rd bus stop and if you decide to walk to DTD, it's about 20 minutes from there.

We have enjoyed every stay here and we've never requested a section and we have been happy in each location.

TrentzMom
08-13-2012, 08:39 PM
We stayed at SSR in 2009 and were located in the Carousel area. We ended up driving to the pool because of the distance.

DizDaD7
08-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Paddock 1st then Springs....

Good luck choosing And have a great time..

BTW, both main pools are awesome..

magicaldisney
08-14-2012, 09:22 AM
The Paddock is our first choice as well. We don't particularly care to be in the Springs for the same reason that was already mentioned....the last bus stop.

Magic3forme
08-14-2012, 09:41 AM
We were in the Grandstand in June. It was very quiet in the area we were. The walk to the big pool was not bad, and the bus stop was close by.