PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs CSR?

kerri124
08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
I am trying to plan a family trip for November. I'm tossing around several ideas but would love any feedback regarding Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs. Which one do you prefer and why? Thanks!

jlk806
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Ive never stayed at CSR, though I have at CBR and really enjoyed it, we had 2 preferred connecting rooms in Martinique. It was a last minute girls-only trip last July. Buses were great, pool was nice, everything was nice. BUT I think if choosing between the 2 now Id choose CSR because there are SO many more dining options there... they even have a quick-service lunch buffet that is a quick-service credit, and there are several other dining options including limited-room service. I actually considered CSR for the first 3 nts of our trip this year but we decided to try out AoA instead. If the dining options at the resort arent important to you, then simply decide which theme appeals more to you- Carribbean islands, or the Spanish, southwestern theme at CSR. If dining options at the resort are important, Id definitely pick CSR. CBR kind of lacks in dining options for such a large resort... Both resorts seem to have nice pools.

minnie mum
08-13-2012, 12:29 PM
CBR has always been our favourite mod resort. We like all of the others, but the esthetics of CBR really appeal to us best. The only determining factor for your family would probably be the beds. CBR is now the only mod that has double beds vs the queen beds at the other resorts. If you need the queen beds, CSR would suit you better.

mickeynut1
08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
We have never stayed at CSR, but we loved CBR. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was good, the pool was fun (and has been redone since our stay), and the transportation was great. We had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

twinboysmom
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi OP and :welcome:! You don't mention the make up of your travel group. For us now, we prefer CBR. If we had older children (at least 10) or if it was an adult trip we would prefer CSR. Both resorts are large, spread out, have beautiful landscaping, and I would describe them as tranquil. I give CSR the better food options but if a pool is important to your group, I put CBR miles ahead of CSR. CBR has full size beds, CSR has queen size.

mamamary
08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I would give the slight edge to CSR as they have queen beds and CBR has doubles.

kerri124
08-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone!

Twinboysmom- It would be myself,hubby, 15 yo son and 7 yo daughter.

Tink415
08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi OP and :welcome:! You don't mention the make up of your travel group. For us now, we prefer CBR. If we had older children (at least 10) or if it was an adult trip we would prefer CSR. Both resorts are large, spread out, have beautiful landscaping, and I would describe them as tranquil. I give CSR the better food options but if a pool is important to your group, I put CBR miles ahead of CSR. CBR has full size beds, CSR has queen size.

I agree with all this totally, except as far as pools - IMHO CBR pool is slightly more geared for younger kids and CSR's for older "kids" :goodvibes

twinboysmom
08-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone!

Twinboysmom- It would be myself,hubby, 15 yo son and 7 yo daughter.

Why not let your kids pick? Look at you tube videos and pictures of the resorts and see what they prefer. No matter which resort you choose you are going to have a fantastic time.

goofyintoronto
08-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by twinboysmom

Hi OP and ! You don't mention the make up of your travel group. For us now, we prefer CBR. If we had older children (at least 10) or if it was an adult trip we would prefer CSR. Both resorts are large, spread out, have beautiful landscaping, and I would describe them as tranquil. I give CSR the better food options but if a pool is important to your group, I put CBR miles ahead of CSR. CBR has full size beds, CSR has queen size.

I agree with all this totally, except as far as pools - IMHO CBR pool is slightly more geared for younger kids and CSR's for older "kids"
I agree. Also the bed situation alone would be a deciding factor for me. CBR has full while CSR has queen (way more comfy)! and dont forget that CSR has QS by the pool. :)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

DizDaD7
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
It seems theres a lot of questions geared around the mods...

My answer always comes up with CSR 1st then followed by both Port Orleans, then a distant CBR...

To me it just doesnt give me that Disney fell, thats all, and very very spread out.
All the mods are but for some reason that one just seems to go on & on.

As Goofy had stated prior to this, the beds were recently redone & queen size now, & are extremely comfy.

Their main pool is second or 3rd to BC& YC & Poly, but still awesome.

Plus I definetely think it has the best bus service that I have noticed on property.
Have fun choosing:thumbsup2

cindy17
08-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I've stayed at both and hands down - CSR over CBR. CBR IMHO was way too spread out and the layout had no logic. If you pick CBR just try to request a building near the main bldg which houses the restaurant and lobby. Check out the map on www.allearsnet.com.

Dwheels
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I have stayed at both!! Love them both equally! Although I enjoy the turning of CBR more than CSR!

kerri124
08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Thank you all for your help. I think the queen size beds and the bigger variety of dining option clenched it for me. Now hoping Disney posts some discounts for November and I'll be all good! :)

DisneyLover75
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Free dining is out for November.. or do you not want that?

SHbeaches
08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
We stayed at both. Didn't have a problem with either. They were both lovely. But if I had to choose today, I'd probably go with CSR...I enjoyed the theme and loved the Pepper Market!!

Jskbr
08-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Stayed at CBR in 2010..pretty grounds, love the faux beaches but WAY too spread out for us. It takes forever to run to the food court or shop to grab something forgotten..the food court was pretty good but the restaurant was way too overpriced for the quality IMO. And it takes the buses forever to get around all the stops through out the resort. Never stayed at CSR...