PDA

View Full Version : Birthday suggestion please...

psimon
08-13-2012, 10:50 AM
We will be on the 5N Dream next week. On Wednesday, Pirate Night, my twins (b/g) turn 16. I was thinking of ordering a cake, but it seems silly to order more desserts (i.e. birthday cake)......

So... any suggestions?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

tinkeramy
08-13-2012, 10:58 AM
We will be on the 5N Dream next week. On Wednesday, Pirate Night, my twins (b/g) turn 16. I was thinking of ordering a cake, but it seems silly to order more desserts (i.e. birthday cake)......

So... any suggestions?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

My son turned 9 on our sail date earlier this month on the Dream. I thought of ordering a cake and kind of wish I had, but didn't want the additional expense. At dinner we mentioned it was my son's bday and they sang to him and brought him an extra, individual piece of chocolate cake. They also gave him a pin to wear but you can get that at guest services any time so they can wear it (if they want to, at 16!) all day. I didn't notice that anyone really went out of their way or did anything particularly special b/c of the birthday, but I have read tons of other stories about kids getting all kinds of special perks on birthdays if you just let people know!