PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Junior Suite Opinions? Others comparable that sleep 6?

jamioday001
08-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Is Coronado Springs Junior Suite a good pick? I've never honestly been interested in staying at this resort, but wondered what everyone's thoughts/opinions on the resort are.

-Basically we need a resort room that sleeps at least 6.
(When we travel we'll be 2 adults, 5 children ages ranging from 9 years down to 5 months.)
-Also, it is necessary that my hubby and I can have a separate bedroom than all of the children with a door that shuts.

I realize Art of Animation suites and ASMusic suites are another good pick for us. I was hoping we could explore other options besides value resorts this time, but not sure what the next best deals are. We also have stayed in the Fort Wilderness cabins and loved them, but would like to have more convenient transportation this time. I'd like to try other resorts for a different feel. What is the next most affordable option with moderates or deluxes for my party size?

Thanks so much for helping me out!

MAYNARDS99
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
A two bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs would work. The master bedroom has a king, second bedroom has two queens.

twinboysmom
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Any of the 2 bedroom villas at a DVC resort would work. You can also request connecting rooms at at resort understanding that no matter what anybody says, connecting rooms are never, ever, ever guaranteed but will most likely be granted.

kerri124
08-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Never stayed at CSR so I can't comment but did you check into a one bedroom Villa at Old Key West?

twinboysmom
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Never stayed at CSR so I can't comment but did you check into a one bedroom Villa at Old Key West?

They are over capacity for any one bedroom villa. OKW, BLT, and AK Kidani hold 5 plus a child over 3.

Jazcat
08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I think it really depends on what you are looking for. Do you want the cheapest option that accommodates six? That's usually two rooms at a value resort.

Would you like a kitchen to prepare meals in room? The value suites have microwaves and a larger refrigerator. Otherwise look at a Deluxe Villa or the Fort Wilderness Cabins for a full kitchen.

How many private sleeping spaces do you need? The 2 bedroom villas offer three separate sleeping areas. A three bedroom would offer at least four but Grand Villas are very pricey. The Treehouse villas are more reasonably priced.

For you, it sounds like you have stayed in value resorts and want a moderate experience but aren't sold on the CSR jr suite. What about two rooms at a mod? Looks like that would be slightly cheaper and give you better sleeping options.

Singinglizzie
08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I remember eyeing those Jr. Suites for a previous trip and it is one of the few options that offers 2 queen beds in 1 room + 1 sofa sleeper in the other, without being a 2 bedroom villa. There is also a King + sofa combination suite. The Jr. suite also comes with 2 bathrooms. However it does not include a microwave - if that is important. What is the cost of the Jr. Suite verses the cost for a Family Suite for your dates verses the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness? If you are looking to "close the door at night" given your family size it looks like you may wind up on the couch. Best of luck deciding.