PDA

View Full Version : Magic Dry Dock early next year???

jel0511
08-13-2012, 09:38 AM
I saw this on facebook and thought it was interesting, as I thought the Magic was dry docking after the Med Season.....The Magic, is due to be dry-docked early next year for standard maintenance. Dry-docking is usually a 2-3 week process, but Jason Lasecki, public relations director for Disney Cruise Line, said the down time this time around may last longer.

“We’re expecting it’s going to be really extensive. We have seen some things on the Dream and the Fantasy that have worked really well, so we’re looking at ways to potentially incorporate that into the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.

“As we said with the Disney Fantasy, we didn’t want to create a replica of the Disney Dream, we wanted each ship to have its own unique identity and its own unique feel.

“We do have that currently with the Magic and the Wonder and we want to keep it that way. We don’t want the Magic and the Wonder to become kind of mini-Dreams and mini-Fantasys, because that’s not what we want to do.

“We want each ship to have its own unique identity.”

taylor3297
08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
We booked the Magic for October 20, 2013 and were told that this would be the first cruise after coming out of dry dock for 6 weeks.

jel0511
08-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah, it's probably a typo on their part... I thought it was weird...

Tonka's Skipper
08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I saw this on facebook and thought it was interesting, as I thought the Magic was dry docking after the Med Season.....

As far as I could tell, the Magic has 6 to 7 weeks open next fall after the Med cruises.............I don't think there is a open block of time in early 2013?

AKK

ericalynn1979
08-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I believe he mis-spoke about "early next year", and I'm quite sure it will be the September/October time frame.