PDA

View Full Version : Pop, wait for room discounts Por DVC AKL or WL rented points

firstwdw
08-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Is Pop really loud? What about the walls between rooms? Can you hear your neighbors? We can do PoP on rack rates and book on our own. Other option is to wait for room discounts for PORS. Or try to rent points for Studio at AKL or WL.
It's me, DH and DS7.
Most fun for a 7 year old?
What would you do? Why? WL on points would be a stretch budget wise but it's our favorite. Never stayed at the others. Thinking LM rooms too far and wouldn't mean anything to DS plus not sure about their food court menu.
Help!

bnk1120
08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Pop is a great resort. However, I would personally rent the points and stay at WL. If you enjoy the deluxes or mods you might be disappointed in a value IMHO.

The timeshare store does rentals and it is a very smooth process. I have done it several times.

ChristineNic
08-13-2012, 07:49 AM
If you aren't getting free dining, I wouldn't pay rack rate. I'd rent points or wait for room discounts to be released.

twinboysmom
08-13-2012, 09:02 AM
When is your trip? I ask because if you plan on renting points (especially at WL) you need to plan ahead. As for a value, I don't necessarily find the rooms any less noisier than the moderates. We have heard our neighbors in every level we have stayed at. You can always book a value now, then upgrade to a moderate if a discount comes out or search for points to rent.

Lauralooneyfordisney
08-13-2012, 10:31 AM
We love POP. We are staying again next year. We stayed in the 50's area last time and heard no noise plus were very close to bus stop and food court. I think a 7 year old would love it.