PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Club Level Food

TKH
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
We are planning a late January/early February 2013 trip. We're trying to decide between our 'usual' Grand Floridian Club Level and Boardwalk Club Level, and while we can compare the resorts themselves I'm having trouble finding Club Level information. We love the GF and the food offerings (sometimes we try to make a mini-meal out of it), but the kids would like to try Boardwalk. DH has a shellfish allergy, and we all prefer chicken/beef over seafood anyway. Can anyone comment on the types of foods served in the BWI lounge in the evening? Thank you for any input. :goodvibes

Mamu
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
There's about half the offering at BWI then at GF.

Mornings offerings oatmeat and toppings, muffins, rolls, fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal, milk, coffee and tea.

Afternoons homemade chips, goldfish, and a few other snacks which I can't remember. There's always water and soda available. I do remember there was some kind of a shrimp tartlet one night. I sure if you tell the staff thet will let you know the ingredients

Evenings 1 hot and 1 cold appetizers, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, beer and wine.

Evening desserts 3 or 4 plus the cordials.

There was always plenty of food, the staff is awesome best staff of all the CL we've stayed at, although the lounge is small, we always found a seat.

I'm sure there were other things available but can't remember.

Tink_RN
08-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Just stayed a couple nights at Boardwalk CL last week. The evening appetizers were a rare tuna dish, curry chicken kabobs, and an Indian type dish of what were like little fried pockets with a pea mixture inside (sorry, can't think of what it is called). the second night they had egg rolls and the chicken kabobs again. It was all really good.

Mousemommy1
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
There's about half the offering at BWI then at GF.

Mornings offerings oatmeat and toppings, muffins, rolls, fruit, yogurt, juice, cereal, milk, coffee and tea.

Afternoons homemade chips, goldfish, and a few other snacks which I can't remember. There's always water and soda available. I do remember there was some kind of a shrimp tartlet one night. I sure if you tell the staff thet will let you know the ingredients

Evenings 1 hot and 1 cold appetizers, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, beer and wine.

Evening desserts 3 or 4 plus the cordials.

There was always plenty of food, the staff is awesome best staff of all the CL we've stayed at, although the lounge is small, we always found a seat.

I'm sure there were other things available but can't remember.

Do you recall whether there were still hard boiled eggs in the a.m?

SunnyP4Disney
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Do you recall whether there were still hard boiled eggs in the a.m?

They were still there as of end of July. Personally, I liked the Boardwalk food the least. Wilderness Lodge by far had the best food for Club Level for me, with Grand Floridian second. I did love the lounge though, always plenty of room and it was nice to watch the fireworks from the lounge balcony.

Mousemommy1
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
They were still there as of end of July. Personally, I liked the Boardwalk food the least. Wilderness Lodge by far had the best food for Club Level for me, with Grand Floridian second. I did love the lounge though, always plenty of room and it was nice to watch the fireworks from the lounge balcony.

We stayed WL CL last month! Really enjoyed the offerings on the nights we were able to make it. :goodvibes

MartyM
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM
I asked for the menu a few months ago from the IPO when I was booked there for our F&W trip. It's posted here on the DIS:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44655581&highlight=boardwalk#post44655581

(hope I made the link correctly)

elaw
08-12-2012, 08:08 PM
One thing I found odd about the BWI CL offerings .... They don't have a refridgerator for drinks .... They just place the drinks (cans of soda, etc.) in a tub with ice. :confused3

... Personally, I liked the Boardwalk food the least. Wilderness Lodge by far had the best food for Club Level for me, with Grand Floridian second. I did love the lounge though, always plenty of room and it was nice to watch the fireworks from the lounge balcony.

WL is also my favorite ... Closely followed by GF, BC/YC ... BWI and AKL were my least favorite (they were not bad ... I just personally didn't care for their offerings during my stays there)

Mousemommy1
08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I asked for the menu a few months ago from the IPO when I was booked there for our F&W trip. It's posted here on the DIS:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44655581&highlight=boardwalk#post44655581

(hope I made the link correctly)

Perfect, thanks!!! :thumbsup2

TKH
08-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Thank you for the responses. We went ahead just now and booked the Grand Floridian, since we know we like the Club Level there and seeing as the kids may not get much use out of the pools at BWI at that time of year anyway (that's why they were interested in staying there). Now hopefully, some room-only discounts will become available to apply! And, hopefully we didn't just increase their bookings enough that they don't need to offer a discount!!!

I appreciate the time you all took in responding.