PDA

View Full Version : DCL transportation from port to resort

jedijill
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I know this has been addressed before but I can't find the answer.

Roughly what time can I expect to be back to VWL using DCL transportation back from the port? I'm trying to decide if I want to make an ADR for lunch.

Thanks!

Jill in CO

jdb in AZ
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I know this has been addressed before but I can't find the answer.

Roughly what time can I expect to be back to VWL using DCL transportation back from the port? I'm trying to decide if I want to make an ADR for lunch.

Thanks!

Jill in CO

This is one of those "durned if you do, and durned if you don't." You should be able to make ressies but I would do it for 1 p.m. just in case there's a delay or glitch somewhere. Sometimes the ship takes awhile to clear customs. Other times your DCL bus has other hotels to drop off people before you, or you get into heavy traffic. Murphy's Law -- whatever can go wrong will go wrong, directly in proportion to how much you need everything to go right.

jedijill
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought but wanted to bounce off someone as well. I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy the DxDDP for my last resort day but I don't think it will work since I have Tea booked at the GF.

Jill in CO

kcashner
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
It depends on what time you get off the ship. If you get off early, you will likely be on one of the first departing coaches and NOT run all over WDW. If you leave after 8:30, you risk being placed on the "last bus to WDW." We visited 6 resorts and spent 2 hours running around WDW after being held on the bus at the terminal till they were sure everyone was off. Yeah, off the ship at 8:30, finally at our resort after noon. Not nice.