PDA

View Full Version : Resort Planning --Christmas 2013

bookluvingbabe
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Obviously I have a little time.

We need to wait for the school calendar to come out but I anticipate a 8-9 day trip between the 23-31st of December. I want to make sure we get down there in time for the Christmas Party at MK.

I think we'll do 2 days at MK and then one day each at the other parks and then relax the rest of the trip.

I want to stay onsite but DH is dubious. We stayed at POP this last trip and he HATED it. Hated the thin walls, had terrible service at checkin, mousekeeping completely blew us off, etc...

So here is what I need:

a resort with 2 queen size beds in a room.
Walls that are thick enough not to hear the folks coming in every hours as various parks close.
We'll have a car so parking is important and the bus service doesn't matter to us. But he doesn't want to walk a mile to the room from the parking lot at night.
Easy access to a counter service with late night hours--DS will be asleep pretty early and we'd like to have the option for one of us to be able to go fetch food.

And it can't bankrupt us.

I've read the unofficial guidebook and I'm overwhelmed.

Help me!

Thanks!

BubMunkeyBles
08-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter is more quaint than some of the other moderates and has two queen beds now. It also has a food court.

mickeynut1
08-12-2012, 06:21 PM
A moderate resort would probably be a good choice. I believe all of them have queen beds except Caribbean Beach, which still has double beds. The only mod we've stayed at is CBR, but as the pp suggested, POFQ might be a good choice as that's the most compact moderate, with everything easily accessible without walking far distances to get around the resort. I also wanted to mention that arriving on the 23rd will probably be too late for the Christmas party. The last party usually falls the Friday before Christmas, which would be 12/21 for 2013, with no parties going on the week of Christmas. Good luck and have fun planning.....Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year to be at Disney.

GATORinaZ28
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I agree with the above posters. Look into a moderate if its possible financially.

MMS1125
08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree with a mod. I'd go with CSR for the food options since you have a little one that will retire earlier than you and dh. They have room service so that's a plus!