PDA

View Full Version : HC Accessible Stateroom Fantsy

madscrapper
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi,

I booked an OGT for the Disney Fantasy that departs this coming weekend. We were assigned 8500 with is a forward HC accessible room. I never thought to consider the possibility of receiving a room in that category.

I called Disney because I couldn't find any information on the website regarding configuration. As I thought, it does not have a split bath or tub - that part I like, but she just kept saying the rooms are oddly configured.

Not complaining, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what to expect. I did search the room and found some pictures that indicate the porthole is obstructed and looks over the outdoor teen area - now that's been fun to tease my teen - telling her "we'll be watching".

Thanks so much,
Jeannine

Rikersmom
08-12-2012, 06:25 PM
The handicapped rooms are quite large compared to other staterooms. The bathroom is not split, but it a large room--big enough to handle a wheelchair. Large walk-in shower.

We booked late and were assigned a handicapped room on the Dream. The door was automatic (again, to accomodate a wheelchair) so it stays open a few seconds before closing. Some kids were walking by with their parents and they asked why their room was so small compared to this one.

I think you will be quite pleased with the size of the stateroom.

madscrapper
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank you. I thought it might be larger, but no one was sure.
I'll definitely post a room report when we're back.