PDA

View Full Version : Connecting rooms

ras1121
08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
If you have a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 children) can you get two connecting rooms at any of the Walt Disney world resort hotels?

Thanks for any info!

minnie mum
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
You can pay for as many rooms as you want. You can REQUEST that 2 rooms be connecting, but you will not be guaranteed this.

harmsja
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
They always used to state that connecting rooms are not guaranteed; but now they will actually guarantee connecting rooms if the children outnumber the adults in both rooms.

We are also a family of 6 and have never had a problem getting the rooms connecting when requested.

minnie mum
08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Not all resorts. Disney will certainly make every attempt to meet these requests, but you see occasional reports where this has not been the case.

And given how Disney loves to put upcharges on room categories, and how many of these room categories developed from the most frequent requests for certain rooms, I'm betting that before long you will be able to book connecting rooms as an upgraded room category.

BLTtinkerbell
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I have been very lucky and got my request for connecting rooms at both CR and Swan, every time I requested it. The Resorts will try their best to give you connecting rooms, but sometimes they can't.

You could look at Suites, Villas and FW Cabins.

maxiesmom
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
You can request them, and Disney will try to meet that request. However they are not guaranteed, as their own web-site states under the 2013 terms and conditions.

Even so, we have gone the 2 room route many times, and only not gotten connecting rooms once. If you want to request connecting rooms, make that your only request. And stay away from both the Contemporary resort and the All Star Music as both of those resorts have fewer connecting rooms to start with. At least, that is what my Dreams Unlimited TA tells me.

TDC Nala
08-12-2012, 06:05 PM
They always used to state that connecting rooms are not guaranteed; but now they will actually guarantee connecting rooms if the children outnumber the adults in both rooms.

Connecting rooms are NEVER guaranteed, no matter what they tell you. If there are two adults in the party, they are going to assume the adults can split up if necessary. There was even the odd report of one adult and multiple children not receiving the connecting rooms.

They will try very hard to meet your request, but it is not guaranteed.