PDA

View Full Version : Port arrival help...

psimon
08-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Please help me.... it's been way too long.

So my paperwork says I have a Port Arrival Time of 11:00-11:30AM. As I understand it, the parking garage doesn't open until 11:00AM. I am staying in the neighborhood the night before, so I can get there any time.

What time do I need to be where? How do I "Port Arrive" at 11:00 if the garage doesn't open until then. When/where do I empty the car of people and luggage?

Please provide me a sequence of events so I can get in as scheduled.

Many thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

kcashner
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
You are seeing conflicting information due to the changes that have occurred over the last 2 years. Shortly after the launch of the Dream, the terminal opening time was moved from 10 to 11, the parking garage was scheduled to open at 11, and public transportation (limos and shuttles) were not allowed into the port area till 11. These events did not all occur simultaneously.

More recently, they have been inching to earlier times--in May, the terminal opened about 10:30 and the garage opened then.

You do NOT have to arrive at the terminal at 11 with an 11-11:30 time. Everyone looks at the earliest time and wants to arrive then, but there is no real need. Your boarding card number is already determined and will not change whether you arrive at 11 or 11:30...or even later. Again, on our May Fantasy cruise, boarding started somewhere between 11:15 and 11:30--that was the earliest I've ever seen it start!

If you arrive at the port before 10:30, you are likely to not be allowed in. After that, there will be no problem with dropping luggage and parking.

psimon
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
You are seeing conflicting information due to the changes that have occurred over the last 2 years. Shortly after the launch of the Dream, the terminal opening time was moved from 10 to 11, the parking garage was scheduled to open at 11, and public transportation (limos and shuttles) were not allowed into the port area till 11. These events did not all occur simultaneously.

More recently, they have been inching to earlier times--in May, the terminal opened about 10:30 and the garage opened then.

You do NOT have to arrive at the terminal at 11 with an 11-11:30 time. Everyone looks at the earliest time and wants to arrive then, but there is no real need. Your boarding card number is already determined and will not change whether you arrive at 11 or 11:30...or even later. Again, on our May Fantasy cruise, boarding started somewhere between 11:15 and 11:30--that was the earliest I've ever seen it start!

If you arrive at the port before 10:30, you are likely to not be allowed in. After that, there will be no problem with dropping luggage and parking.

Thanks....

So around 11:00 (since I've already been kicked out of my hotel and am coming from around the corner in Port Canaveral), I'll show up at the port, and do what... drop everyone and everything off (or just the stuff and keep the family) and then go park? Do they wait outside or go in and get on line while waiting for me?

---Paul in Southern NJ

kcashner
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks....

So around 11:00 (since I've already been kicked out of my hotel and am coming from around the corner in Port Canaveral), I'll show up at the port, and do what... drop everyone and everything off (or just the stuff and keep the family) and then go park? Do they wait outside or go in and get on line while waiting for me?

---Paul in Southern NJ

It is really your choice. We find it easiest to pull up to the porter area and drop off luggage and passengers. They can get in line while you park and you can join them in the line in a few minutes. Alternatively, you can all park and wheel your luggage across the walkway to the terminal if you don't wish to split up the group. OR you can drop the luggage and all ride in the car to the garage...then walk across to the terminal.

sue
08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
You can drive up and drop your luggage and any family, then park the car and go into the terminal to meet up.