PDA

View Full Version : POP Century - Preferred Pool View

CHIPSTER
08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Just booked a room - is the preferred pool view at any pool or the large one closest to the check in building?

Thanks.

kaytieeldr
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
It's the Hippy Dippy pool. Have you checked the dedicated Pop thread? Tons of information about your resort :).

stitchlovestink
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Just booked a room - is the preferred pool view at any pool or the large one closest to the check in building?

Thanks.

it will be bldg facing the pool in bldg 4 or 5 ONLY...be forewarned....it will be NOISY!! and most likely busy but I guess depending on the time of year you are travelling. If it is a heavy pool usage time of year, I personally would avoid it like the plague! LOL

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

rock_doctor
08-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Those are nice rooms. We use to request those rooms until they decided the preferred rooms were also on the other side of the building facing nothing... So check in as early as you can and see if you can talk them into giving you the general idea of where your room is. Be aware they will lie to you. Just another reason we don't go to pop anymore.

si-am
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I would avoid the pool view rooms at Pop if you plan on getting to sleep early. Noise from the pool can be bad even as late as midnight.

kaytieeldr
08-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Those are nice rooms. We use to request those rooms until they decided the preferred rooms were also on the other side of the building facing nothing... So check in as early as you can and see if you can talk them into giving you the general idea of where your room is. Be aware they will lie to you. Just another reason we don't go to pop anymore.
More categories now: Preferred Pool View; Preferred Non-Pool View (what you had); Standard Pool View; Standard Non-Pool View.

Originally (first couple of years), Buildings 4 and 5 were entirely Preferred and the only rooms so designated at Pop Century. Starting in the summer of 2005 until this year, Preferred simply meant 'within about 500 feet of Classic Hall' - which added many rooms from the 50s and 70s to the category, and removed the rooms in the 60s that face the lake.

goofyintoronto
08-12-2012, 05:14 PM
I would avoid the pool view rooms at Pop if you plan on getting to sleep early. Noise from the pool can be bad even as late as midnight.

This is so true. Its quite noisy even up til midnight.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

chocovrdmicears
08-12-2012, 05:44 PM

And if you go during the warm months - it can be later than midnight.
We have stayed at POP many times - our one and only *not so pleasant* stay was when we had a pool view room. Those pools are hopping at all hours - we had screaming kids outside our room at 1:00 am. :eek:
And to be honest, we had a fabulous room facing the lake in the 50's or 60's (can't remember which) and it was sooo much quieter and maybe added 1 minute more of a walk.
Not only would I not pay to stay in a pool view room there, you couldn't pay ME to stay in one. :)

goofyintoronto
08-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by si-am

We have stayed at POP many times - our one and only *not so pleasant* stay was when we had a pool view room. Those pools are hopping at all hours - we had screaming kids outside our room at 1:00 am.
And to be honest, we had a fabulous room facing the lake in the 50's or 60's (can't remember which) and it was sooo much quieter and maybe added 1 minute more of a walk.
Not only would I not pay to stay in a pool view room there, you couldn't pay ME to stay in one.
I agree with this. We loved facing the lake. Super quiet and a great view. We never pay for a preferred room cause we prefer facing the lake anyhow. If recommend 60s (either building) facing the lake. Very close to main building yet nice n' quiet.

*Fantasia*
08-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I agree with this. We loved facing the lake. Super quiet and a great view. We never pay for a preferred room cause we prefer facing the lake anyhow. If recommend 60s (either building) facing the lake. Very close to main building yet nice n' quiet.
:thumbsup2 No need to pay extra.. You can get a standard room... a quiet room facing the lake and close enough to the lobby.. You can go either 60s or 50s. The room facing the pool can get very noisy and loud.. I know because we had a room facing the pool. It was still noisy late at night.

DisneyLover75
08-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Well crap.

I booked a preferred pool view room too. I thought it'd be great because we'd be able to swim and be close to Classic Hall. I have fibromyalgia and I'm a single mom and I am all about convenience.

I saw on the website that I could get a "standard view" room at CBR for only $300 more. Maybe I should take it?

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread.

*Fantasia*
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Well crap.

I booked a preferred pool view room too. I thought it'd be great because we'd be able to swim and be close to Classic Hall. I have fibromyalgia and I'm a single mom and I am all about convenience.

I saw on the website that I could get a "standard view" room at CBR for only $300 more. Maybe I should take it?

CBR? I think I would pay the preferred room there. You might end up in the farthest room which would be Aruba. Or you can request Jamaica #45 and hope that you will get that bldg. CBR is a big resort. It has 6 bus depot. So I'm sure you can imagine how big that is. Between POP and CBR, I would choose POP. Save your money and just go with standard view. You'll be close enough to the main lobby. Just don't get put in the 80s and 90s. Ask for the 60s or 50s.

DisneyLover75
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
CBR? I think I would pay the preferred room there. You might end up in the farthest room which would be Aruba. Or you can request Jamaica #45 and hope that you will get that bldg. CBR is a big resort. It has 6 bus depot. So I'm sure you can imagine how big that is. Between POP and CBR, I would choose POP. Save your money and just go with standard view. You'll be close enough to the main lobby. Just don't get put in the 80s and 90s. Ask for the 60s or 50s.

*Fantasia*
08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
You're welcome! :)

rock_doctor
08-12-2012, 11:44 PM
More categories now: Preferred Pool View; Preferred Non-Pool View (what you had); Standard Pool View; Standard Non-Pool View.

Excellent, they needed to change that... thanks for the update.

KELLY
08-13-2012, 05:30 AM
We have stayed at POP many times - our one and only *not so pleasant* stay was when we had a pool view room. Those pools are hopping at all hours - we had screaming kids outside our room at 1:00 am. :eek:
Not only would I not pay to stay in a pool view room there, you couldn't pay ME to stay in one. :)

Well crap.

I agree with alot of posters that preferred pool view would be my last choice. But here is a diffrent prespective. Some people actually prefer it. So I wouldn't let all the negatives here sway you. If you think you will be fine go for it. You need to do what is best for your familly. I wouldn't swap to CBR in a standard room that is for sure. CBR there is alot more walking than POP. It is more the set up at CBR. POP is just laid out better. You could also get just a preferred room at POP those are all close also.

DisneyLover75
08-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I know my daughter would love being that close to the pool and it would be very convenient to be near both the pool and Classic Hall.

The noise is off-putting though. However we will be there at the end of November, so maybe it won't be so bad?